whos' obama?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Rengori View Post
    I'm always underleveled so no.
    Yeah, I tend to just run through games so I'm never close to the max level or anything.

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I'm always overleveled nowadays. But I remember being in a situation like Vivisteiner, but Zeromus still killed me though. I was still proud of myself because I got through almost all of Hard Type when I was 9.
    placeholder_text.jpeg

Fluttershy Recognized Member Ashi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Chat Operator

Haven't played that many console rpgs in recent years, but yeah final boss fights have been somewhat disappointing.

Although, it's no fun if things are too difficult, too.

The arena (I can't remember what it was called) in Kingdom Hearts 2 had some very challenging battles. The final KH2 battle I had to replay, not because of difficulty but I was distracted with something else that there was something I didn't notice.

Most final boss battles these days are just long, but not that difficult. Guess it's due to us levelling our characters a lot that we tend to find them easy. My reason for over levelling is that in my younger days - I barely levelled at all. Now I just get the games with battle systems that I do enjoy, rather than the classic turn based that sometimes puts me to sleep. Don't mean that they're all boring, but some are, to me anyway.

ffxii way too easy
    PS3 owner, but not played RPG yet (teh) :sweatdrop

I think the only non-trivial final boss I've ever faced is the Dark Cloud in FF III (I was quite badly underlevelled), but then I rarely play games through to completion. Though its always nice if you're playing a strategy game and whilst picking on some tiny empires you then get your arse handed to you by someone you've just met with a massive empire on the unexplored side of the map, humble pie rocks!

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vivisteiner View Post
    I actually used to enjoy videogame fights more when I was crap at them.

I was 10 and I had the most epic battle with Necron. My characters were extremely weak and somehow it lasted for aaaaages. I ended up winning with only Freya left on 300HP in trance mode.

Those were the good days.

Nowadays I win with all characters standing and decent health to boot.
    man i used to love that when i was younger!

you'd be uncertain of winning and you've lost once or twice before. and you spend hours thinking about the battle but avoiding it because your scared of wasting time losing, and your nervous and suspect something might go wrong when you get to the final battle.

but now with all the knowledge from experience or the interenet, people just go up to final battles fully informed with a good certainty of victory.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

I still love final battles because they are the conclusion and it is a good feeling to win

Chick Chick BOOM

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Maxx Power View Post
    It's not the end of the journey that is important, young grasshopper. It is the journey itself.
    I'd have to agree with Maxx on this one. It is more about the journey, than the actual difficulty of the last boss. I'm not saying that if the boss is ridiculously easy I wouldn't care, but just that there are other factors that play a part as well - such as e.g. the epic-ness of the battle, which is something most boss battles have, and the actual gameplay.. y'know, if it's fun and interesting.

The final boss in Final Fantasy X is a great example: It's an easy battle, but because it's so epic and serves as an amazing conclusion to the game I really couldn't care less. The game has other challenging bosses that should satisfy gamers looking for that. I don't think I've defeated a final boss and been 100% disappointed with it.

I tend to count Braska's Final Aeon as the final boss in FFX as (SPOILER)Yu Yevon was so smurfing pathetic.

Also Sephiroth was so easy, even at level 40-50 or so... V. disappointing.

"I work in one of those humble call centres... Apparently, what we're doing at the moment is 'sprinkling our magic along the way'. It's a call centre, not Hogwarts." ~ Caroline Garlick, Ayrshire, BBC News Magazine