Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one who hates Eiko?

Default Am I the only one who hates Eiko?

Discuss.

I thought she was a very charming character; a little bit of a brat and very precocious, but she was a good character with a lot of depth.

"I work in one of those humble call centres... Apparently, what we're doing at the moment is 'sprinkling our magic along the way'. It's a call centre, not Hogwarts." ~ Caroline Garlick, Ayrshire, BBC News Magazine

I dont particularly like her. But she's ok I guess.

The Amarant Eiko thing was hilarious.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

I don't mind her. She's a great white mage and has a cute character.

Articles
    Blog Entries

she's ok

Eiko's a much better White Mage than Dagger, which is ironic because she has the Summoner horn while Dagger is shown in the White Mage robe, and Dagger's the better Summoner.

Crazy.

I use them both, as I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who hates Vivi.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't particularly like her. So I just don't use her.

Eiko annoyed me in some cases, but I don't hate her though. And yes, she is a better White Mage than Dagger.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

In terms of personality, I'd say that Eiko was the most irritating cast member. I guess I wasn't just a fan of the whole trying to get Zidane to love her (isn't she about 9?), shouting and screaming and such. She was a rather nice member of a rather odd bunch of characters, though I think I probably liked her the least. I don't hate her, but I don't think I could commit to saying I liked her.

In terms of battle, in some games I'd entirely forgo using Garnet and use Eiko because I've never found summons to be terribly useful in FFIX. I think the fact that Eiko learns Holy, which is a really decent attacking magic, is a major factor in this decision. She's a better White Mage by quite a margin, though I'd say overall I prefer Garnet for the White Magic that's useable and Summons that are more likely to get me out of a tight spot than Eiko's might.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

She was indeed irritating towards the beginning but she had a lot of depth and understanding so I grew to quite like her infact.

Moero! Moero!!

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Aye, she's annoying but she's a FF IX character dammit, and I'll be damned if I don't get her to level 99!

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ReloadPsi View Post
    Eiko's a much better White Mage than Dagger, which is ironic because she has the Summoner horn while Dagger is shown in the White Mage robe, and Dagger's the better Summoner.

Crazy.

I use them both, as I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who hates Vivi.
    Yeah and Garnet is ten years older than her too which means she should have a lot more experience and to answer the thread starter's question, yes apparently you are the only one who hates Eiko. She flows well for the team and proves that even a 6-year old can save a planet.

Yellow Winged Angel

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

Eiko is a cute little bundle of happiness and joy
    jkhkjg

EIKO SUCKED

Slanted and Enchanted Shotgunnova's Avatar

I liked her in all aspects. Everyone besides Quina can be so mopey/stiff, it's nice having someone who sees the situations from a different POV. Is she comic relief? Sure, but she's got quite a backstory and is at least interesting if not likeable.