Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saw IV

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

[spoilers]Detective Matthews was really fat and thus I didn't recognize him. Even seeing that thing on his foot didn't trigger the 'aha'. Also Forensic Hoffman isn't somebody I immediately recognized or ever recognized. In fact I thought he was Detective Matthews (cuz the real one was fat and confused me).

The lawyer Art was also confusing me. I was like 'who is this bozo with a scar on his face? I totally can't put two and two together', because Art looked like a young guy with his head shaved.[/spoilers]

In fact after reading the wikipedia article I am even more confused, though it is making more sense now.

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Pureghetto View Post
    [spoilers]Detective Matthews was really fat and thus I didn't recognize him. Even seeing that thing on his foot didn't trigger the 'aha'. Also Forensic Hoffman isn't somebody I immediately recognized or ever recognized. In fact I thought he was Detective Matthews (cuz the real one was fat and confused me).

The lawyer Art was also confusing me. I was like 'who is this bozo with a scar on his face? I totally can't put two and two together', because Art looked like a young guy with his head shaved.[/spoilers]

In fact after reading the wikipedia article I am even more confused, though it is making more sense now.
    (SPOILER)Detective Matthews was held prisoner for six months for the time from Saw II to Saw III/IV. Obviously, this would cause some difference in appearance. I thought it was somebody else too, at first. Hoffman did appear in Saw III, with Rigg at the first crime scene.

I didn't guess who Art Blanc was until I thought about the scar on his face and then it became obvious to me that he was the same bloke from the first trap in the film. I thought it was very clever~

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

I need to watch the movie again because Art from years ago/Art from the trap, and Art the guy with a scar on his face looked different. My memory made Art the guy with a scar much younger than Art the guy from years ago, who I thought was more like John Kramer's colleague (in age) than anything else.

Shruggle.

How did some of you figure that SAW III and IV ran simultaneously? It's clear that it happened after SAW III because Jeff was still around looking for his daughter. Linda's body didn't look fresh. Really the whole movie (minus in autopsy room) took place between the end of SAW III and the autopsy scene. The FBI guy Hoffman trapped inside the room with Jigsaws corpse obviously made it out.

What horrible directing. Darren Lynn Bousman is a hack. The jump shots, scraping noise bull constantly was too much. What I disliked about the movie was that they didn't really try anything new. The 'twist' at the end didn't really shock me because I hadn't cared. Watch SAW last night, bring back James Wan.

Things that sucked about it: (SPOILER)

1. Jeff dying like that - makes half of SAW III pointless and seemed tossed in for cheap effect.

2. Eric Matthews dying - what the gay was this? They include ten-fifteen minutes of him in SAW III and leave open the possibility that he had survived for what? This makes no sense in the jigsaw storyline. He failed his first test but broke free of the leg-chain, beat the out of Amanda for trying to screw him over just to be kept in a prison for 6 months then die without hardly a word? Complete bullocks.

3. SAW 2 cop out - The game in Saw II was the exact same. Matthew's had to simply sit for two hours and he'd get his kid. All Rigg had to do was nothing and Matthew's and Hoffman would be let go. Nice creative there SAW people.

4. Considering Hoffman is a character we know really nothing about the shock wore thin. He has virtually no connection to Jigsaw so why?

5. No Dr. Gordon - I know on imdb this is an old Topic but SAW 4 was just SCREAMING DR. GORDON IS ACCOMPLISS. Eric Matthews being kept alive, his broken foot/ankle heeled and many traps this movie involved medical know how. Dr. Gordon is obviously alive or the point of SAW was pointless; you had to SAW off your own foot to win the game so there had to be help ready for him.

SAW IV was good, stayed true to the vein of the saw series. Now, there should be a style change or a change in direction. If they are going to keep following the same formula for every movie then SAW V and VI are only going to be worse than this one. While they continue to come up with traps (the hair trap was kind of gay) and decently plotted games they don't bring anything new to the table. SAW team, you can be far more creative then you are. Stop pumping out a movie every year and take some time to make it good.

AND STOP WITH ALL THE DAMN NOISES AND JUMP CUTS!!! WE GET PEOPLE FREAK OUT IN TRAPS WE DON'T NEED IT AFTER FOUR MOVIES WITH WOOSHHHWISHSCREAPPPWAHHWISHH!H!!!H

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Jon Thompson:

I think what you wrote in your 4th point is what Saw 5 will be all about. The ending to Saw 4 insinuates that.

I very much agree with your 1st and 2nd point. That was kinda annoying.

(SPOILER)I think you're wrong about Saw 3 and 4 not happening at the same time. I think Jeff being shot and the FBI agent being locked up in the room is chronologically the last thing to happen, except from the autopsy room. I think the story will pick up from there and we'll see what happens to the guy locked up in the room Jeff & Lynn died. What happens between he got locked up and the police came and discovered this place is what I think we'll also find out in Saw 5. As well as what Hoffman's task is, which was inside Jigsaw's stomach.

I liked Saw 4 much better than Saw 3. Better story, less unnecessary gore, and a better twist at the end.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Levian View Post
    I liked Saw 4 much better than Saw 3. Better story, less unnecessary gore, and a better twist at the end.
    If this is true, then I may end up seeing it. Saw 3 just about turned me off the series. The first and second held my attention but the third one just had too much nasty stuff for seemingly no reason, I couldn't hardly stand it half the time (and I'm not really all the squeemish).

I mean, is it less tame than the ripping-out-chains, ripping-out-ribs, brain-surgery and twister thinger mabob?

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Saw IV was GROSS, especially the first 20 minutes. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Thompson View Post
    (SPOILER)How did some of you figure that SAW III and IV ran simultaneously?
    (SPOILER)They did run simultaneously:

"It is then revealed that the events of Saw IV have run concurrently to those of Saw III"

That's why we saw Jeff walking into the room at the end just before Strahm comes in and kills him. Strahm only went into the room because he heard Jeff's movements towards it.

I think Jeff might have moved out of the room by that point if Saw IV ran straight on from Saw III, the room was only sealed by Hoffman at the end of Saw IV!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Yeah, but Saw 3 was gross the whole way through. D: The only super gross thing in Saw 4 was the opening scene, which lasted what, 10 minutes? obviously not 10 minutes packed with gore, but definitely enough of it. ;o

Throughout the entire Saw series so far there's been four scenes I just had to look away from, and that's the surgery scene in Saw 3, The limb twister thing in Saw 3, the opening scene of Saw 3 and the autopsy in Saw 4. Saw 4 is definitely grosser than Saw 1 and 2, but the 3rd is clearly the worst ;o

but yeah, it's Saw, it's gross.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was confused because I forgot Saw III and didnt know who people were, and didnt find it that special, but the gore satisfied me since thats why I mostly went to see it
    rawr

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    yep i felt that way too, autopsy ftw

it was a great movie, the fat guys death was the must most hard to watch =/,

saw 2 is still my favorite

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

The only things that were neat about this movie were its transitions and when it finally smurfing ended.

The Saw films suck so badly, I don't know why I even bothered to see this one.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Haha yeah, if you can't stand them then I'd say it's pretty silly to see all four of them. xD

Yeah, the transitions were cool. noticed they did a few of those in the other Saw films too.

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

Like when he (the black cop) puts on his shirt? That one made myself and my friends all gasp and give off an unexpectedly synchronized "whoa"