Thread: Why a lot of fans don't like this game *SPOILERS*

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Why a lot of fans don't like this game *SPOILERS*

Now don't deny it. Alot of Final Fantasy fans do not like this game. Many fans of FFXII have asked why? Well here are my reasons and opinions as to why much of the Final Fantasy community felt disappointed with this game.

1. The music.

Really. Ask yourself. Do you remember much of the music from FFXII? The only tunes I remember and have bothered to download are the Main Theme and the Battle on the Big Bridge. Why the music isn't up to standards? No Nobue Uematsu. The composer for all the music in FFXII was Hitoshi Sakimoto. The only piece that was done by Uematsu was the Main Theme and Battle and the Big Bridge. Hmm...

2. Random Battles. If it ain't broke, don't replace it.

Sure. They can get annoying. They can get tedious. But it's what makes Final Fantasy gameplay, Final Fantasy gameplay. This new method of killing monsters really arrogated me. The majority of the time you'd be fighting 1 monster at a time. Boring. And some of the monsters are just pathetic. I remember when I first played FFX, my first FF, I got to the calm lands. I ventured west before saving and came across a mighty Malboro. It was the weakest of all Malboro species yet it was still 2-3 times bigger then my characters. In FFXII, the Malboros are pathetic. They're roughly as tall as Vaan and just die so easily. Many other monsters had this effect too. And where are Cactuars and Toberries?

3. Where is the love?

The greatest argument in the Final Fantasy community; did Cloud love Aeris or Tifa? Love stories make Final Fantasy that much more better. Look at FFX. That love story made that game. FFVIII's story basically was the love story. Last time I checked, these 3 FF's are the most loved ones around. Hmm...

4. Whacky doodly piddly pop.

That made no sense to you? Really neither does the story off FFXII. Basically I can sum it all up here. Go collect object. Come back. Destroy object. Go do thing. Go collect object.... The idea of FFXII is really good. 2 warring nations, with your nation inbetween and trying to find the peace. It was just paved out for the player so badly, and ineffectually that you just lost touch with it all. The characters were mostly brilliant (Balthier and Gabranth come to mind) but they developed poorly. Ashe had to be told to do everything, Vaan was uninteresting and Penelo was mostly forgotten about for a large majority of the game. It was there, but it just wasn't built on.

This was my 5th Final Fantasy. Me and 3 friends of mine, who also play FF all bought this game at roughly the same time. We talked about it, we laughed about it and we enjoyed it. But, for me, It just didn't touch me like others did. While this game has its good points, I do believe that they could have done better.

Lets give good luck to XIII.
    Last edited by Mr Cactuar; 10-28-2007 at 11:12 AM.
    Thanks to Sir Edeon X for signature
    "It's the decisions you make, when you have no time to make them, that define the person you are" - Teh_Masterer