Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Thread: Why a lot of fans don't like this game *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    As for the story, I found it to be terribly engaging and enjoyable. History is one of my passions in life and the study of historical conflicts often means examining the domestic and foreign causes of strife between the nations. That we are given a rather complete picture of a conflict that develops and escalates as time goes on and is effecting all the citizens of Ivalice instead of just the party and a group of choice nobles was rather nice and in my view a fair bit more realistic. The game is not dull, it's just a bit more complex and needs more attention paid to it than some of the others.
    I don't think I could have said it better myself. I love history, especially military history. When it's the main focus of a game's story, then I have no choice but to immerse myself in it. While the game didn't do the best job of developing the main characters in the party, it did a great job portraying how everything is happening in the big picture.

The Random Battles were not plaguing the series! That's what the whole series was! The battles did seem slower in the PSX generation, especially IX, but they were quicker in the NES/SNES years. Of course some of us don't like the change. This was the way we've been playing it for twenty years.

YOU DONT KNOW YET!?!?!? FFFFsephychibi's Avatar

okay, I just played this game about 20 minutes ago and after about 7 minutes of gameplay I had to turn the thing off.

I'm sorry. It's so horrid. I have put my time into it as well. I'm about 50 hours into the game, and can't finish it. I (sadly) think even the characters (who have no voice overs) in final fantasy 6 have MORE PERSONALITY than the characters from ff 12 :/ These characters lack everything that makes them a final fantasy character. Final fantasy is known for such lovable/likable characters. Even the bad guys have loving fanbases (does this game even have a main villain???) Though I'am very fond of Fran's look/ore. And I enjoy balthier's accent/sly remarks... when I catch them xD What was cool is that they aren't assigned a certain role (the whole license thinger), so you can decide each ones fate. It gets severely boring after a while though if you don't know where your character is going.

The game was good when I actively played it, but it's very difficult to pick back up on. Nothing is really too memorable. Except the in-active scenery. The battles were sometimes quite fun, I loved loading my character with gamebits and watching them fail. It was defiantly a challenge. I do wish they would resort back to ATB or at least a controlled area. Also some of the monsters are challenging but for the most part are pushovers. I can't remember any bosses except the wall one. I died several times

I like the music for the most part (it needs to change during battle) You know to build the excitement, raise your blood, etc...

I will not share my opinion about the storyline, I don't know/remember anything, except a very vague word: Empire.

Overall, this game could be very enjoyable if I maybe had paid closer attention too what ever I missed. Frankly, most of the time I honestly felt distracted, by the voice acting (which was phenomenal) or rather really big words I'm not familiar with. Yet this isn't my least favorite ff, please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm just not praising this one with love it doesn't deserve. Or I'm just not using my dictionary enough. I just feel all square gives a s*** about now a days is GRAPHICS GRAPHICS GRAPHICS. Ugh. At least with this game. And anonymous up coming releases.

Like someone said, it's good to be refreshed with something new

Quote Originally Posted by Scarmiglione View Post
    The Random Battles were not plaguing the series! That's what the whole series was! The battles did seem slower in the PSX generation, especially IX, but they were quicker in the NES/SNES years. Of course some of us don't like the change. This was the way we've been playing it for twenty years.
    IMO, and in the opinion of others I have spoken to, random battles are tedious and tiresome these days. The change in the more real-time battles is a very good welcome to the series.

Who cares if it worked for the NES/SNES games? If they do things like that and never change, then the series would get completely boring.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

we expect more love stories!
    but hey, I've never seen it bad game at all
    I was addicted to it for months.
    PS3 owner, but not played RPG yet (teh) :sweatdrop

Quote Originally Posted by FFFFsephychibi View Post
    okay, I just played this game about 20 minutes ago and after about 7 minutes of gameplay I had to turn the thing off.

I'm sorry. It's so horrid. I have put my time into it as well. I'm about 50 hours into the game, and can't finish it. I (sadly) think even the characters (who have no voice overs) in final fantasy 6 have MORE PERSONALITY than the characters from ff 12 :/ These characters lack everything that makes them a final fantasy character. Final fantasy is known for such lovable/likable characters. Even the bad guys have loving fanbases (does this game even have a main villain???) Though I'am very fond of Fran's look/ore. And I enjoy balthier's accent/sly remarks... when I catch them xD What was cool is that they aren't assigned a certain role (the whole license thinger), so you can decide each ones fate. It gets severely boring after a while though if you don't know where your character is going.

The game was good when I actively played it, but it's very difficult to pick back up on. Nothing is really too memorable. Except the in-active scenery. The battles were sometimes quite fun, I loved loading my character with gamebits and watching them fail. It was defiantly a challenge. I do wish they would resort back to ATB or at least a controlled area. Also some of the monsters are challenging but for the most part are pushovers. I can't remember any bosses except the wall one. I died several times

I like the music for the most part (it needs to change during battle) You know to build the excitement, raise your blood, etc...

I will not share my opinion about the storyline, I don't know/remember anything, except a very vague word: Empire.

Overall, this game could be very enjoyable if I maybe had paid closer attention too what ever I missed. Frankly, most of the time I honestly felt distracted, by the voice acting (which was phenomenal) or rather really big words I'm not familiar with. Yet this isn't my least favorite ff, please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm just not praising this one with love it doesn't deserve. Or I'm just not using my dictionary enough. I just feel all square gives a s*** about now a days is GRAPHICS GRAPHICS GRAPHICS. Ugh. At least with this game. And anonymous up coming releases.

Wow, good thing you played it for more than half an hour or I'd think nothing of your opinion!

YOU DONT KNOW YET!?!?!? FFFFsephychibi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raebus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FFFFsephychibi View Post

Wow, good thing you played it for more than half an hour or I'd think nothing of your opinion!
    Oh yeah I played it for more than that xD....I actually thought it was the best final fantasy ever when I first started playing it. (Exploring Rabanastre with just vaan and kills things was fun :P) Though. That changed. I haven't played it in a few months and I just recently got back into it...I have no clue what part of the storyline I'am in... (It's that snow land... and I'm going to a cave..and getting a sword/magicite...or something) xD You think I'd be done with the game after 50 hours -_- Is it worth it going to the end, or just starting over @_@.....?????

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ull-story.html

i like the points i made in this thread.

in few words. the main story with all the graphics and rewarding scenes is only a small part of the game.

where the huge amount of work and effort put into sidequests and the bestiary and the history is all for very little.

its like they focussed on the unimportant part of the game.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

It could've been better, and I think the story could've been more fleshed out. However, for being so uniquely political and radically different than your traditional JRPG, it was very, very good. People don't like it because it's not Japanese enough, and they hold silly opinions like "It's not Final Fantasy, it doesn't have this and this and this!"

All it needs is a title. Good series die if they stay the same for too long, and XII did an extremely good job of departing from the last several games, and I think it largely succeeded.

Quote Originally Posted by Azar View Post
    It could've been better, and I think the story could've been more fleshed out. However, for being so uniquely political and radically different than your traditional JRPG, it was very, very good. People don't like it because it's not Japanese enough, and they hold silly opinions like "It's not Final Fantasy, it doesn't have this and this and this!"

All it needs is a title. Good series die if they stay the same for too long, and XII did an extremely good job of departing from the last several games, and I think it largely succeeded.
    By that argument, I'd have to acknowledge FFXI as a Final Fantasy. Not going to happen.

Anyway, I do acknowledge this as an FF game, it just had several issues dealing with its transition in game style that were not dealt with. Hopefully they'll learn, and either fix their mistakes in the games to come or go back to their old style.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

I prefer the "Fixing the mistakes in the games to come" whether than "going back to their old style". Their old style is incredibly boring to me.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post

By that argument, I'd have to acknowledge FFXI as a Final Fantasy. Not going to happen.

Anyway, I do acknowledge this as an FF game, it just had several issues dealing with its transition in game style that were not dealt with. Hopefully they'll learn, and either fix their mistakes in the games to come or go back to their old style.
    Unless they decide to alter history and rename it Fantasy-Based MMMORPG, it's always going to be a Final Fantasy game whether you like it or not. Even a lot of XII's battle mechanics have some roots in XI.

i kinda liked the no main love story. It made Vaan and Penelo's strange relationship more interesting cos we didn't completely know what was going on there. Rasler and Ashe is sad, but it made her a v.interesting character, and theres something about how Fran acted towards Baltheir which gave her a sweet and vulnerable side which further distinguished her from the veira
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cactuar View Post
    Now don't deny it. Alot of Final Fantasy fans do not like this game. Many fans of FFXII have asked why? Well here are my reasons and opinions as to why much of the Final Fantasy community felt disappointed with this game.
    (they fear change)

1. The music.
    I loved the music, I think if you like the music because of who made it you're silly :\. Salikawood bgm <3

2. Random Battles. If it ain't broke, don't replace it.
    They're just trying something new, and the FF series is often critisized for being a little backward in that department.

3. Where is the love?
    All of the love elements are subtle and left to the players imagination and fantasy. If you think about it, nearly any combination could work! Again it's just SE taking a new direction...

4. Whacky doodly piddly pop.
    The storyline wasn't as deep as the older FF's, but it was still cool.

I do believe that they could have done better.
    Things change, it's time for the FF community to realize that.
    jkhkjg

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

While the music is lackluster, I found visible enemies an enjoyable alternative to random encounters. It's part of the reason I liked Mystic Quest, even though it has few supporters.

My biggest issue is with the way you get items. While I don't mind a little randomness in item dropping, it got ridiculous in the treasure chests. And there wasn't a single in-game hint about the Zodiac Spear chests.

The Bazaar has a deep flaw in that if you go over the quota of items to construct an item, any extra items get wasted. It added extra and uneccessary aggravation to the Tournesol subquest.