Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Recurring' Dreams

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I agree PG, we can have very similar dreams to the previous nights dream but they're not reccuring in it's entirity there will always be subconcious changes in the dream that are beyond our control. Say for example you have a dream where you get with the girl of your dreams (for the purpose of this example, I'll use Kelly Clarkson) You nail Kelly Clarkson and find yourself dreaming the "same" dream the next night you then subconciously will change events, because you will perhaps just hurry through something meaningless and insignificant to your mind such as dinner, watching a movie, getting your hair cut ect. The dream is now not the same but similar therefore the only thing reccurring is the theme. I've had many cases of this happening to me, sometimes 1 thing changed, othertimes many things changed in my dreams but the theme was always the same.

Whats scarier in my mind is how two people can dream about the exact same topic/thing (in particular, each other) when not even in the same country. I've experienced it and it has made me feel a little strange but it was at the same point strangely awesome to think about. I wonder if others have felt this experience?

Fluttershy Recognized Member Ashi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Chat Operator

Pureghetto: I think I agree with your brother. Similar events, but definately not the same dream.

When I was about 4 I kept getting myself locked in dark rooms and having my family break down the door to get me out and that terrified the hell out of me that for a few years after it I kept having dreams where I was locked between the bars on a window, and the window itself, or inside a drawer, or inside something tiny right between the cabinet with the drawers and the window - but I don't think that room in particular was the one I locked myself in. And probably the only reason I remember them is because they were the sort of dreams that woke me up in coldsweat - I recall this because my parents would wake up too (or well, I would wake up and see them standing over my bed). I don't think any other dreams/nightmares had this effect on me after that.

Iceglow: I know what you are talking about in your last paragraph. There is this person that I met online who is pretty much my twin except older than me, we even finish each other's sentences all the time.

There was this time when I had a dream I was walking down some staircase (very huge and with rocks) and it was really dark. I felt like I was decending into the 'darkness' where there was a big double door at the bottom and behind it was all shadow. While walking down I saw a person who was walking up those same stairs.

That friend told me some days later that they recently had a dream. Except in their dream they were walking up a huge staircase - but they were walking up, ascending into somewhere with light.

It turned out we had those dreams at probably the same day. It wasn't the first or only time that we've had 'similar dreams' at around the same time, either.

Dude, candle jack, what's your dealio for realio? You keep doing all those spammy pos