Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111525 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia - Second Edition - Game Over!

Baloo

I wish I could have been Buzz...I love Toy Story
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-10-2008 at 11:10 PM.

Alice in Wonderland

The first decision is always the toughest. Especially since there is a high likelihood of lynching a fellow citizen or another pro-towner.
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-10-2008 at 11:30 PM.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

Dale

I think the key to the first round is questioning those who have become suspicious instead of lynching just anybody.
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-11-2008 at 02:41 PM.

I never trusted Dumbo

Dumbo

I think Dale's got the right idea. But, there's not much to base suspicion on... =/
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-10-2008 at 11:40 PM.

Dale

Robin hood seems to be dumping the blame on aladdin already without sensible reason.
    An indication perhaps?
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-11-2008 at 02:42 PM.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

7 hours left to vote.

Dale

Okay I know I said that we should ask questions but it is too early for any definates at this stage.

I vote: robin hood.

Triton

Good point. I would rather take the shot at lynching someone and hope to get lucky that we hit one of the Mafia members.

Vote: Robin Hood
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-10-2008 at 11:28 PM.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Harry - Dad's Dad's Avatar

Simba

Tarzan complimented Pluto. Is he trying to curry favour with the townspeople? Perhaps. Am I a paranoid lunatic whose years of power in the throne have driven me to suspect all those surrounding me? Probably.

More thoughts needed. Will edit this when I decide.
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-11-2008 at 06:45 PM.

Peter Pan

Well, isn't this a scary game. xD

Oo-er, I just don't know who to vote for. If I vote for someone that other people say to vote for and they turn out to be good, I'm a mafia. If I encourage people to vote for someone and they turn out to be a citizen, I'm a mafia. If I vote for someone nobody else votes for, I'm helping the mafia by not voting for anyone while the mafia work (probably with unknowing citizens) to pick off a citizen.

The most suspicious person I can think of personally is Triton, since any smart mafia would be joining in on some citizen's unfounded accusation of another citizen. Of course, now I'm probably making myself suspicious. I hope the cop and doctor figure each other out extremely soon and we start getting some kind of safety net sorted.

Vote: Triton.

My advice is that if a cop out there finds a mafia, they announce it and then the doctor protects the supposed cop while we all vote for the supposed mafia. If it does turn out to be a mafia, then we're okay. If it's not, we kill the cop impersonator.
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-11-2008 at 05:39 PM.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Pan View Post
    My advice is that if a cop out there finds a mafia, they announce it and then the doctor protects the supposed cop while we all vote for the supposed mafia. If it does turn out to be a mafia, then we're okay. If it's not, we kill the cop impersonator.
    Let's not forget insane cops, though. What if someone is unknowingly an insane cop, and comes out and declares someone as mafia. We then go all gung-ho and lynch them, and it turns out they are innocent, so we lynch the "cop". Insane cops are as useful as regular cops once they find out their sanity, and we've just lost an asset.

As for getting a doctor to protect them thing, well, there's a doctor that dies when they protect a mafia, and there's a doctor that roleblocks the person they are protecting, which obviously is very harmful to a cop.

Just some food for thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Pan
    I'm a mafia
    You used this particular phrase twice! MAFIA! MAFIA! LYNCH PETER PAN! (no, Levian, this is not a serious vote for Peter Pan) But yeah, seriously. Everything you say and do could be construed to make you look like mafia and earn you a one-way ticket to Lynchville.

I'm not gonna vote just yet. I wanna see some more suspicions and reasoning, and if an argument against someone sounds convincing, I'll vote for them.
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-10-2008 at 10:47 PM.

Chip

After reading over the posts in the thread so far, I have decided that I still haven't seen enough of anyone to cast suspicion on anyone just yet, and so I'm probably going to end up abstaining this round. Of course this may change before the round is over, but for now I don't want to vote when I'm not confident in my knowledge.
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-11-2008 at 06:22 PM.

Pluto

There have been some good points so far. I'm not sure if the Mafia are pulling the strings here yet. Robin makes a good point that Mafia would be the most likely to gang up on unfounded accusations to ensure that one of theirs isn't first to go. This would place suspicion on Triton. On the other had it might be too early for that. Really in the online format of this game the best thing mafia could do right now is keep quiet, but I don't want to suspect a random person and we end up not killing anyybody. If the Mafia are to die we have to be the ones who kill them.

Vote: Triton

Sorry if you aren't it Trit my boy.

I'm willing to change my vote since there's really nothing else to go on right now.
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-11-2008 at 02:34 PM.

Dale

Pluto has a point the mafia usually come out mostly after about the 3rd lynchment.