Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1115161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia - Second Edition - Game Over!

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Tarzan

Wow, you guys overanalyze things. Have any of you ever considered being lawyers?

Anyway, I'm torn between Bambi and Peter. I don't want to vote, because somebody will be like OMFG BANDWAGON GET HIM and vote me out. So I'm not gonna vote this round, at least not yet.
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-10-2008 at 10:44 PM.

Pocahontas

Bambie could be Mafia. She says she Doctor, but she may be lieing. Here reason:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
    Fine. Fine.

You guys killed Herc, which I knew you would do and I'm very not happy about, meaning I can't keep asking Herc to post what I want to say, meaning I should stop acting silly and I'm going to post it myself. Not like almost everyone doesn't know who I am already, although the whole typing thing wasn't entirely a facade either FYI, it's my partner. I love you, partner, by the way.

I'll just come out and say I'm a doctor, and I tried to save Herc tonight. So obviously I'm either a naive doctor or I was roleblocked. If you roleblocked me, I hate you. If you roleblocked me and you're not even a Mafia roleblocker, I hate you even more because you're supposed to be on my side. And I hate Levian if I'm a naive doctor. xD (And coming out and admitting this might not be so smart either since now the Mafia roleblocker knows for sure that I'm a doctor... although it might prevent the roleblockers on my side from doing so again. Jerks. And also there's got to be more than one doctor, so the other doctor/s won't be roleblocked. AND if I'm a naive doctor, they're just wasting their time. Oh what to do.)

So... obviously there's more than one doctor, so after coming out to say all this, I hope you'll protect me if I'm in danger. I mean, it is probably definitely smarter for me to lay low like I've been doing, but uh. xD Whatever. I'm bored. Although you may not need to protect me because of Cinderella listing me on that list of five people. The Mafia avoided killing any of those five tonight because they wanted you to keep being suspicious of them, obviously. They may continue to avoid killing them, depending on how much weight you believe Cinderella's word holds. So my being in danger depends on how many people are suspicious of me after this, but doctors, PLEASE think about what you are doing. I know I'm taking a big risk for being lynched (not to mention targeted by the Mafia at nighttime) by coming out and being vocal at this point of the game. BUT DAMN YOU GUYS, I'm NOT chuffed (lol chuffed). I loved Herc. Herc was my only friend ;___;

So now let's get to finding out who the hell is Mafia and kicking their ass for this. Here's the list the people left and their voting pattern.

===========VOTES (AND DAYS)=============
    Alice in Wonderland - 1 & 2
    Peter Pan - 1 & 2
    Pluto - 1 & 2

Dale - 1

Aladdin - 2
    Baloo - 2
    Bambi - 2
    Buzz - 2
    Chip - 2
    Dumbo - 2
    Pocahontas - 2
    Quasimodo - 2
    Robin Hood - 2
    Winnie the Pooh - 2

Mickey - none
    Pinocchio - none
    Simba - none
    Tarzan - none

At this point, I'm not sure if we are able to deduce anything from the list, but it could amount to something later.

And you want my complete honest opinion and reasons for thinking who's Mafia and who's not right now? No? Well, here it is anyway.

=============MAFIA SUSPECTS==============
    Dale - I still think Dale may be Mafia. I'm not sure of course, but once again he did make the first vote and Triton did jump on his bandwagon. I'm not sure if Triton would be smart enough to jump on the bandwagon just to make sure Dale looked suspicious, because - no offense but Triton probably didn't think out his vote very well and obviously wasn't TRYING to get lynched the first day. Also, Dale is the only person who voted Day I and didn't vote Day II, and yet he's still active. I'm not sure if this means anything. Oh, and plus Herc voted for Dale first before changing to Cindy on Day II and then the Mafia lynched Herc. Could be a Mafia ploy, or could be mean something.

Aladdin - Makes a lot of useless spam posts and is very active, also accuses people often. This doesn't make him necessarily Mafia, as hey I've even done the same, but Aladdin, despite being active, hasn't provided any reasons for his vote. He voted for Pinocchio on Day II because "the Genie told him to," and as far as I know Pinocchio is probably innocent in my books. Not a top suspect but still suspicious to me.

Winnie - I wasn't suspicious of him until he and Peter's little exchange in Day II. First, he jumped on the bandwagon for Mickey, which is a little suspicious. Even though Mickey may or may not be Mafia - I don't know - but I don't believe there's been enough reason nor did Winnie even give a reason. Mostly it's his trying to deny the facts from Day I against Peter's evidence that makes him suspicious in my books.

Chip - I'm not very solid at all on this either. He voted for me Day II, and obviously I know I'm not Mafia so this increases his chances of being Mafia. That's not why he's on my suspicious list though. He seemed to support Cinderella in many of his posts, although this doesn't automatically make him Mafia too because he and Cindy are good friends outside of their characters. He did say that he isn't suspicious of Peter and Pluto because of their voting in Day I, but didn't mention Hercules at all even though Herc made the deciding vote.

Baloo - He jumped on Pluto's bandwagon to vote for Buzz on Day II. I'm not sure about Buzz's innocence now, but Baloo is a bit suspicious to me. A lot of active silliness from him prior to Day I, didn't defend himself against Alice's accusations in Day I either.

Alice - Alice seems like a smart girl (/guy) to me, and yet... she didn't have very good reasons for voting for any of the people she did. She voted for Baloo on Day I, which automatically made me suspicious of her although I may be jumping to conclusions. My thought process: Perhaps Baloo IS a Mafia, and Alice is a Mafia, Alice votes for Baloo, he's not one of the top runners and she knew no one else would probably vote for him - thus making her vote not count in the lynching - and therefore if she voted for him and he does turn out to be Mafia, she gets a free brownie point without making him face the consequences. I might be over analyzing, though. xD She voted for Pluto on Day II, another throwaway vote. One of the reasons that I'm suspicious of her is that as smart as she seems, she tried to get the cop to check one of the five that Cindy listed last night - which would be a not very smart thing to do if you're a cop on the town side.

Those are the people I think are Mafia Suspects... this obviously doesn't mean that they are Mafia, but I think there's a good chance at least some of them are and we should start working that out. Please don't all of you jump on my back for listing you, some of you I'm more suspicious of than others but I hope my reasons are solid enough, mostly.

Also FYI, I do not believe ALL these people are Mafia since there's probably not so many Mafia in the game, but some of them must be. If you believe I'm being truthful, then keep in mind that just because someone agrees with me and zones in on someone in the list doesn't mean that THEY'RE not Mafia, because they could be zoning in on an innocent to 1) look like they're being reasonable and agreeing, and 2) making me lose credibility if we lynch the innocent and they were on my list. I hate listing my honest suspicions because I know that I'm not completely right, so if an innocent from the list gets lynched I look bad, and the Mafia might try to lynch them anyway just because of that, but... there's my honesty for ya. Best thing to do is to just think over the facts to yourself, don't follow but consider my suspicions, and then make your own choice.

=============NOT MAFIA SUSPECTS==============
    Bambi - That's myself. I know I'm not Mafia.
    Simba - I trust him.
    Pinocchio - Heard from a credible source that he's not Mafia, but I'm not so sure now since he chose not to work with us on our voting in Day II despite being solicited and active. Still, I'm taking my source's word... for now.
    Pocahontas - I'm not sure, but she's on my okay list for now simply because a known Mafia member thought I was her in the very beginning, meaning she's probably not Mafia.
    Peter Pan - He seems credible and led two Mafia deaths already. I'm still a little suspicious of him because we were talking to him and might have revealed too much about who the doctor would be protecting, and he could have led to the blocking. Plus he has chosen not to respond to Herc and my solicitations, but that may be because he's just paranoid. Overall he seems credible... enough.
    Quasimodo - Seems credible enough. Voted for Cindy on Day II. Have a good hunch on this one, but can't say I'm sure.
    Robin Hood - Mostly off the hook because Dale and Triton both voted for him Day 1, and Triton was Mafia. Could have been a Mafia ploy, though. He did vote for Cindy on Day II though, and before it was obvious that she would be lynched too. Is on my good list, for now.

Which leaves the unknowns.

==============UNKNOWN=================
    Buzz - Voted Day II - Seems a little flip floppy but haven't gathered enough info on him yet...
    Mickey - Was targeted by many including Cinderella on Day II. However, not much other info... Never voted though.
    Dumbo - Kept saying he thinks Cindy is not Mafia on Day II... until she admitted she was, and then voted for her.
    Tarzan - Got nothing on him. Has laid low and hasn't voted yet.
    Pluto - Voted for Triton Day 1, so that's a + point. However, accused Buzz but not Quasi in Day II even though Quasi fit the same profile. And voted for Mickey on a not so solid basis in Day II, which Cindy bandwagoned on.

Discuss and let's lynch some Mafia ass. ^_^ Well, I've wasted a good hour, I'll refrain from voting for now until I've thought it over a bit more and I can try to make my vote be not a wasted one. Can you tell I'm bored? Damn, still another hour+ to waste until my class starts ;_;

Oh, and Buzz? Stay away from my mother. >:O
    Reasons are: 1. Why would someone post who they are when a Mafia did that?
    2. When we were told who we are, Levian told us what Nightroles we got. Bambie acts like she/he was told only he/she was doctor, and not what kind. Levian would of told her/him the complete role of her/him-self. Bambie acts like she/he was not told complete role.
    3. How wouls she/he know what Mafia think? Is he/she a Mafia?

Vote: Bambie.
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-10-2008 at 10:37 PM.

Robin Hood

I think I'm going to go with my gut from before and vote for Dale, here's why:

Dale was adamant about not blindy accusing anyone of being mafia and throw votes around on the first day, yet was the first to do so after an hour passed with no one else posting after him. If he didn't want an innocent to get hurt, I think he would have waited longer or come up with a better reason than:
    Robin hood seems to be dumping the blame on aladdin already without sensible reason.
    An indication perhaps?
    Hercules suspected Dale at the beginning of Day 3 and started the vote against Dale, only changing his vote to Cinderella after everything blew up towards the end of the day. Then Hercules died last night and Dale has been silent today except for his frowny face at Hercules dying. I think the mafia off'ed Hercules because he was onto Dale and Dale is lying low hoping that things will blow over since several people suspected him yesterday.

Also, yesterday Dale stated the following in regards to people voting for him:
    Now we have two mafia we need to stop the arguments with each other and work it out sensibly now.
    I always consider statements like "voting for me is silly" or "we should really focus on the mafia" as lame attempts to draw the attention off of themselves when they are mafia.

So in summary, Dale was very vocal yesterday, but after being suspected by a couple of others, he shut up and one of the others that suspected him died. Any dramatic shift in behavior by another townsfolk makes me suspicious. Thus:

Vote: Dale
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-11-2008 at 05:36 PM.

Moogle

Bambi

Oh, man. Now I really don't think Pocahontas is Mafia.

In response,

1. Why would I come out to say all that knowing that the vocal people are always suspected if I am Mafia? I'm hoping the roleblockers (key: paranoid doctor, or the normal one that's pro-town) will get a clue and stop roleblocking me, if that's what they did. The Mafia roleblocker may still do that, but the other doctors will be free for sure. Or, I really could be the naive doctor and if the Mafia roleblocker didn't know, they could be wasting their time blocking me. Who knows? I explained myself fairly well though, you should re-read the post. xD

2. No. I asked Levian. I could be the real doctor or I could be the naive doctor. The whole point of having the naive doctor is that they don't know they can't do anything. Pretty crappy role if you ask me. Levian, please confirm this.

3. It's called speculation, just like the rest of my post is. And I believe I speculated that part with pretty good reason, too.

Oh, Tarzan, when you say that you're torn between myself and Petey, do you mean torn between voting for us, or listening to us? Because I'm fairly sure we're on the same side now.
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-10-2008 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambi
    2. No. I asked Levian. I could be the real doctor or I could be the naive doctor. The whole point of having the naive doctor is that they don't know they can't do anything. Pretty crappy role if you ask me. Levian, please confirm this.
    If there were a naive doctor, he/she would not know that they were naive, correct.

Bambi

Although... whoa. I thought something was missing. Pocahontas edited her post like an hour later. She had voted for Alice at first, I think. Instead of editing and changing your vote, you should have unvoted and changed it visibly, because I don't even remember what your reasoning was for voting for Alice in the first place now. Things like that could be a big clue.
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-10-2008 at 11:22 PM.

Robin Hood

Can the CK's see the change history of what changes people make to their posts? If so, I propose any edits like the one mentioned above (if it happened) are re-inserted into the original post so people can't hide what they've said in this thread.
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-11-2008 at 05:36 PM.

Pocahontas

Woah, sorry about that. my other personality must have thought it was OK to edit that. Now the other half of me is all confused. What were the changes that were made in my last post. This is a shared account in I'm confused at what happened.

Anyway I unvote whoever I voted for until I can decide.

Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-10-2008 at 10:37 PM.

Pluto

This is a long thread! I try to keep up as best I can. Peter Pan is 2/2 with mafia so I think I'll stick with him. Triton was basically a lucky guess, and it wouldn't really make no sense to vote out one of your own the very first day, unless you have some stupid role that makes that worthwile. I have a stupid role but it isn't that. Had I been around when the Cinderella fiasco was going on I would have agreed with the group. Good job people!

I don't have much in terms of deep analysis because I don't have 2 hours to read this whole thread right now. For now I'm sticking with the hot hand (only voting in case I forget to later).

EDIT: Oops that was Robin who voted for Dale and not Peter. I guess I'll wait a little while then. Not that Dale is out of the woods yet!
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-11-2008 at 02:36 PM.

Mickey

*puts on thinking cap*

If we assume everyone who voted for known Mafia members (Triton and Cindy) we can assume that they are, for the most part, innocent though it may be possible for the Mafia in order to confuse us have some of its members vote for Mafia.

This reduction leaves us with: Aladin, Alice, Baloo, Buzz, Chip, Dale, Pinno, Poca, Simba, Tarzan and Winnie.

From there we will keep only those whose voting pattern matches those of Mafia members 9Cindy and Triton).

This gives us: Dale and Winnie.

Now between Dale and Winnie who is Mafia? What is curious is the fact that twice in a row Heracles had voted for Mafia, yet so did Peter Pan. Then why was Herc murdered and not Peter? I think it had to do with Herc's first vote on the 2nd day, that for Dale. Imagine how that would look to Mafia members? Herc had guessed three Mafia members (assuming Dale is Mafia) That being the case, it becomes obvious that Herc is the biggest threat.

As for Winnie, he voted without giving his reasons. That in itself can not do any favours for him, though I believe the case is stronger against Dale.

This theory within itself is not perfect, but it is the best means of analysis that I can find at the moment.

Ergo,

Vote: Dale.
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-11-2008 at 06:49 PM.

Unhappy

Bambi

Vote: Dale

When it comes down to it and after more consideration, I'm just deciding between a few people now and I'm gonna go with Herc's and my first intuition last round too, along with Robin. It's always a tough decision and I hope to god we can get 3 Mafia in a row, that would rock so hard. ^_^ Sorry sorry sorry if I'm wrong. x_x!!

I was pretty suspicious of Aladdin but it almost seems like he's purposefully not responding to any of the accusations plus still spouting out accusations himself regardless without any backing... It's almost like he's trying to act suspicious. Maybe he's the jester. Either way I don't care if we lynch the jester either, but I hope we can get a Mafia.

*crosses fingers*

Edit: I see Mickey posted before me. xD I'm not trying to jump a bandwagon, FYI, although it is better if I think my vote will count.
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-10-2008 at 11:22 PM.

Dumbo

I was having a thought earlier - what if Aladdin is the cop? What if he's investigated Pinocchio and found out he's mafia? This is about as backed up as my ideas behind Cindy being citizen - darn my gullible nature. But yeah, just a thought. Though if it isn't just a baseless claim... I wish he wouldn't just post that "Pinocchio is bad".
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-10-2008 at 11:44 PM.

Winnie the Pooh

I'm suspicious of Alice and Dale tbh.

vote: Dale
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-11-2008 at 06:42 PM.

Peter Pan

I'm suspicious of pretty much everyone still. xD Even the ones that have done a lot to try to prove to me that are citizens, I still hold out some suspicion. Hence I do most of my work in this thread rather than sending out PMs with private information (sorry Bambi, just not my style). All the reasons coming out are at least decent. I'm going to follow through based on Mickey's reasoning and go for Dale as well. It just seemed the most thought-out.

It should be noted to whoever said "Why didn't they go for Peter?" - it's possible they suspect I'm being protected by a doctor, although I can't say for sure if this is the case. I just want to make sure people think every possibility through.

But, yeah. For now...

Vote: Dale.
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-11-2008 at 05:43 PM.

Alladin

Peter Pan is still my highest suspicion. You know too much perhaps? Then once our trust is gained you are protected. And I stand by my wonderful source of the Genie telling me you might be Mafia Pinnochio.
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-11-2008 at 06:15 PM.