Thread: What's Your Worst Subject

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Unhappy What's Your Worst Subject

Mine is English at the moment. Reading and Grammar I'm super awesome with, but the writing kills me. I don't think I've turned in a completed research paper since the seventh grade. Right now I should be writing a paper on how MTV changed the music industry, but I worked myself into a corner and if I try to change anything I have to change ALL of my previous assignments this six weeks and my teacher will have to grade them AGAIN.

I hate writing. I especially hate research papers....AND WHY IS MLA SO SPECIFIC? I mean is it really that big of a deal if I don't indent properly or forget a period? Will the sky fall if I don't put the url in brackets?

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Generally used to be Design & Technology or Art. I'm generally strong in my academic subjects so I fell at little there. Last few years I was weakest in German and Physics, though the former was more due to a not so great teacher and not as much teaching time as was required for the course.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Banned

Probably English. Spelling and Vocab aren't much trouble; it's just that reading and analyzing literature I find ridiculous. With symbolism and theme and other literature jargon you could make the most trivial details seem more important than they probably should be.

Ex: "The color of this person's shirt represents some deep meaning towards life and human nature."

I know most of the time the author would put in symbols and such to try and make a statement about human nature, but it's just that I think simple descriptions and lines of text are stretched to the point where it's almost like you're giving more credit to the author than he/she probably deserves. Sometimes I like reading a story or play, but after over analyzing it looking for literary terms and such, it just makes me want to never read the story again. This is just one of the things I've never liked about English.

And I also hate writing. Especially writing persuasive essays in the five paragraph format.

Right about now, probably US History. I always disliked Social Studies class.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Biology, it was my favorite science in High School. I took it two different times! It's alot harder than it was two or four years ago.

english. ugh. im a creative person and can write poems and short stories like its nothing, but i cant write an essay to save my life. XD

calc is whippin me hard. im really good at math, but when i got in this class, my world came tumbling down lol
    Oh gods, why? ಥ_ಥ

Blog Entries

Music, i only really do it for fun
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

I suck at Psychology. The problem is that the subject is so technical that your answers have to be textbook perfect. It tricked me at first because I thought I could bs through it using lots of words but no. Less words, thorough explanation, gg no re.

Bah.

Math. I was pretty good in earlier grades, but once I hit Grade 10 it got VERY difficult for me (I ended up with a final mark of 65% when I usually get 80s or 90s), so instead of Grade 11 Math I decided to take the easier and more practical "Math for Everyday Life."

I'm also not that great at Science either.

I'm way advanced in English, and I'm great at most other subjects as well.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

In high school it was History, I don't like remembering years and stuff like that. Stupid years.

I struggled a lot with Maths too, but since I worked so much on it I got pretty good grades in the end.

English i have corse work that i need to do my teacher hates me we have to do this speach by ourselfs and it counts for 20% of my GCSE's i cant talk aloud to 30 ppl and you cant just read it to them you have to look up and use emotion in your voice im gonna fail

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Chemistry. Science and Math should never be mixed.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Administrative Law is pretty tough right now, but I still think I will do well. It's hard to tell the difference between Chevron deference, Auer deference, and Skidmore deference.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    Chemistry. Science and Math should never be mixed.
    Amen.

Don't get me started on science.....

Cheers to Polaris for the set!

Final Fantasy's completed: I, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X