Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something that sucks...

Default Something that sucks...

In War of the Lions...
    You can no longer steal the Genji Equipment from Elmdore!
    I won a Genji Armor from one of the new battles and I stole another Chantage, but Elmdore's immune to stealing!
    Aurora, exhale bloody air! Dark Holy!

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Wow, that blows massively.

Stealing the Genji equipment was one of the coolest encounters in the game.

Ya that sucks, I always enjoyed stealing that stuff because it was such a challenge, you really couldnt run in there half-assed to do it. Had to equip everyone with 108 gems, possibly Judo Outfits to prevent instant death, make sure you have a way to reduce his Brave level, possibly a knight/dancer to hurt his MA/PA so he cant do that much dmg, and a way to quickly kill the assassins before they do too much dmg.

Oh well

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions

As long as there's some way to get the Genji equipment, it's not so bad.

how DO you get the Genji equipment in this game?

They really need to make a new stratagy guide for this game if they are going to change stuff like this around. Bah. I enjoy stealing. v.v;

The new guide I looked at stated that Elmdore is the source of the Genji armor, shield, helm and gauntlets. Like the PS1 version. It just must be more difficult to obtain them from him.

Correct. You can't steal from Elmdore. He is secretly safeguarded. The Guide has it backwards, but probably just a typo or lack of direct research, it says you can't steal in the later mission but that you can from Elmdore, but it is actually the other way around.

The apparent justification of this is that in the original Japanese version of FFT you weren't supposed to be able to steal from him either, but for some reason it worked out that you could in the US release. They felt the need to change it back. Also, you only get the Armor and The Masamune later on, but you can still catch more Masamunes from high level ninjas.

You can get the rest of the set by playing the Rendevous Battles.
    Last edited by VorpalCyberWolf; 12-03-2007 at 07:06 PM.

I've debated getting a PSP and the new version of Tactics, but really, I'm content with the old one, the one I'm familiar with and small things like this are the reason why. Even though its not a major deal, its one of the things I really loved about the original. Stealing the Genji Equipment from Mesdoram Elmdor was one of my highlights of a play through. If they take away the fun things like that, its not that great.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    Current RPGs: Final Fantasy XII

It's the only "fun" thing they took out and added several more. Seems fairly justified to me.

Contributions

I'm having similar doubts about buying the game (PSP included in my case). As much as I love the game and would love to play it with new jobs and features, I'm afraid they've made it so you have to play cooperatively to get some rare items.

That is what pisses me off about Nintendo. The necessity for WiFi and other players to make the game experience complete. I hated it in the remake of FF3 and I'm going to hate it here too. Why is the PSP jumping on that bandwagon too? Its bull. What if I lived in the back hills of Montana and had no friends? I guess my gaming experience doesn't matter!

I do want to see how Balthier stacks up against Mustadio. But other than that, I really don't care much about the new job classes.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    Current RPGs: Final Fantasy XII

Contributions

I'm a perfectionist, so if the game is worthwhile enough, I like to get everything. The original FFT is one of the few games I can claim to have completed. This version of FFT sounds like it's going to be a lot harder to get everything.

I conveniently have friends who are nearly as obsessed with the game as me, so I have people to play with. But I suppose I can understand your guys' strife.

Quote Originally Posted by RedCydranth View Post
    That is what pisses me off about Nintendo. The necessity for WiFi and other players to make the game experience complete. I hated it in the remake of FF3 and I'm going to hate it here too. Why is the PSP jumping on that bandwagon too? Its bull. What if I lived in the back hills of Montana and had no friends? I guess my gaming experience doesn't matter!

I do want to see how Balthier stacks up against Mustadio. But other than that, I really don't care much about the new job classes.
    yeah, nintendo's terrible with that, look at pokemon, for example. They release two games at the same time that contain a few pokemon that you can ONLY catch on that game! so you either have to buy 2 (and a second gameboy) or seek out some random to trade with. Luckily for my, my ex-next door neighbour liked it as much as me, so he would buy one version, and i would buy the other, but it's still ridiculous. In saying that, games are infinitely more fun when you're playing them with/against a friend...

P.S. Balthier's awesome, better than Mustadio, clearly, but still not overly impressive on a playing level, i mean, he looks unstoppable on paper, and i guess if i took the time to train him he might be close to it, but when i use him all i use is a move called 'Barrage', which attacks the opponent four times at half of your normal damage, so effectively, causes them 2 times the usual damage.