Thread: Be that Super Survivor! (PS2/Wii)

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Be that Super Survivor! (PS2/Wii)

What a fitting title for the theme song of a game called Budokai Tenkaichi

Yes, Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3, the final installment of the Tenkaichi series, comes out in 10 days! (American Release)

It's also known as Sparking Meteor in Japan, but I prefer something less cheesy.

-This game will release for the Sony PS2 and the Nintendo Wii.
    -It will have 161 Total Characters and 35 Stages. And like always, it will also have characters that have never been seen before in a Dragonball Z game.
    -If you want the PS2 version and you followed the series since day 1, you can use a feature called 'Disc Fusion' and unlock a special mode from each of the Tenkaichis.
    -If you want the Wii Version, you have the capability of playing against your friends from across the planet.

I would get the Wii version, but not all of us have that kind of spare money. I would put this on your list of Wii games to get, especially since Atari releases this around the holidays.

Trailer
    More Information
    placeholder_text.jpeg

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

So many characters... x-x

We should all learn from Mortal Kombat: Armageddon that cramming in as many characters as possible isnt going to make it a good game.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

You could say that for Tenkaichi 2, but it looks like they tried to make it better for this one.
    placeholder_text.jpeg

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    We should all learn from Mortal Kombat: Armageddon that cramming in as many characters as possible isnt going to make it a good game.
    Dr. Slump characters count for something right? Seriously, I'm getting it for Arele.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff
    placeholder_text.jpeg

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

I wish people would make topic titles that actually indicate what the topic is about.

Also, Tenkaichi 2 was great. Tenkaichi 3 should be better. I've been playing it for the past few weeks on the PS2, but I fully intend on getting the Wii version as it is the Superior version.

The story mode seems really, really *really* short when compared to all the previous Budokai games, but this game goes from Dragonball all the way up to GT with a dash of Dr. Slump. The game also seems a lot more challenging in some stages, particularly when it forces you to stay in a weaker form than normal against a much stronger enemy. In many cases, it is more difficult to actually survive a match than it is to defeat the enemy. Some stages the enemy regenerates, and you have to survive until the story dictates that it's time for you to win. And by Dictate, I mean it says 'Press R3' and you automatically do your strongest attack for 99999 damage.

Anyhow, for the Wii version, I'm looking forward to the gameplay improvements over Tenkaichi 2. In T2, you always have a cursor on screen, and depending on how you move the cursor about the screen will determine what special move you do. In T3, they've removed the cursor and everything is gesture based. Which is great, because now you don't have to sit pointing the remote at the screen the whole time.

While having access to the import has cooled my burning desire for the game, it's still my most top acquisition for the rest of the year. Proximity increases anticipation.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I just bought it for the PS2! It's pretty awesome, but almost all the characters are unlocked from the get go. And you only need one item. But other than that it's pretty fun.