Thread: 2 Topics

Default 2 Topics

First, are the stats in the game random? Cuz in one game my BM who was like lvl 17 had higher HP than my BM in my other fileN whyo was like lvl 20-somethin, but WAY less MP. (This is the GBA version btw)

Second, what is up w/ the hidden dungeons?? (again, GBA) UNFORGIVING!! Shinryu killed all my guys (cept my WM for some reason) with two hits of flare.

I'm curious about this also, because I have two Knights in my group, both leveled at the exact same time throughout the game, but one always has higher hp than the other. I'm starting to think it's random.

It can get very glitchy at times too, especially with my Ninja.

i.e. He constantly has lower HP than my WW, and always attacks last in my party. My BW hit 999 mp like twenty levels ago (I'm around 65-ish) and he only just now broke 600 hp, and my knight already has had 999 hp for like ten levels. Then I had my party killed cept my Ninja so I could level him up ^_^

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

HP for all classes is slightly random. It is based on a combination of what is known as "strong" and "weak" levels and that classes' Vitality stat. At a strong level you gain a certain amount of random HP plus your level plus a fraction of your Vitality. For a weak level you only get the random amount and the same fraction of Vitality. Comparatively some classes have more strong level-ups compared to weak ones, as well as more Vitality, which means more HP. It's worth pointing out however that, for the most part, all of the classes in DoS can reach 999 HP. They can also all reach 255% Hit Rate. Just goes to show how broken DoS really is.

As for Shinryu I can only recommend levelling up some more. NulAll may affect the damage of flare but I have a suspicion it doesn't. For most of the boss battles the best tactic is to have your Ninja/BM cast Haste followed by lots of runs of Temper on your main physical attacker(s), whilst any healers (RW/WW) heal/buff the party.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

My current tactics for every boss (which has worked on all bosses, including chaos, Gilgamesh, and all 8 hidden bosses from the previos bonus dungeons) is to spend two rounds buffing my fighters up by having my Ninja and Knight use Ginat's Gloves (knight first, then ninja) have the melee fighter who didnt use the Ginat's Gloves use a strength tonic on the one who did use the Giant's gloves, have my WW either heal or caste invisira and protera or w/e its called, and my BW spend 4 rounds casting haste and temper on my knight and ninja. Then for the rest of the battle (which rarely lasts more than four or five rounds after I buff my characters up) I hack the crap out of the boss, usually doing 2500 damage with each attack while my WW heals and my BW...... doesn't really do anything since he's next to useless.

But Shinryu didn't even give me a chance to attack

Stats are random in every game, and with each level, only certain stats are guaranteed to go up, so for instance, level 2 might mean a guaranteed increase in Strength and Luck, but you'll just have to cross your fingers for Vitality/Stamina and Intelligence.

The optional dungeons are pretty easy, just have some annoying puzzles. Oh yeah, and there's Shinryu and Omega. Those buggers are pretty unbalanced.

Well so far the dungeons have been uber-easy except Shinryu. I even beat all the FFIV fiends w/o breaking a sweat.