Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Multiplayer Games

Grimoire of the Sages ShunNakamura's Avatar

I would vote for AoEII. Definitely one of the better MP games out there.

Warcraft III wasn't much my cup of tea for mp. I would much rather play AoE in multi-player.

Another game in the vein of those two is Age of Wonders Shadow Magic. Has an entertaining battle system. Trouble is in how the battle system works in mp.... everyone has to watch everyone else's battles. That has been a big gripe for me.

Never Played Lords of Magic in multi-player but it is enjoyable enough for a time in single player, so that one is a possibility.

Stars! is an interesting old game that is enjoyable in multiplayer. Lots of micromanagement options though. This means that games can go on for a LONG time if you got a 'perfect' player playing with you. Normally though I can finish a game in a couple hours.

Deadlock is another simple game that is enjoyable enough in MP[though I would rather play a game of Stars! anyday].

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Would you like to try Puzzle Quest? I can hook you both up with the game (on PC) and it has a multiplayer (LAN) option to play each other against. The only thing is the game, before you go on multiplayer, is single player.

Other than that, you're pretty much tired of all the multiplayer games there are -- wth DanBoB : (

Blog Entries

If you feel like taking the time to set it up, you could try PSOBB on the Schtack Servers. But PSO really does feel very MMORPG-ish, especially with everyone always wanting to do TTF. But, if you play just for the sake of beating the game, it's a pretty fun co-operative game, almost like a dungeon-crawler. This effect can really only be had with either the GCN or X-Box version of the game during Offline Play though, because when in Online Play, well, it just feels very impersonal. When in an Offline Mode, I don't try to Level Up, I just try to win. Weapons and Armor I find on the way seem to be more of nice gifts than necessities. There is something in PSU (Phantasy Star Universe) that is similar to PSOffline, but it lacks co-op with real people. >_>

you can try Crash Bash -4 players way too funny
    if you like to put some fun with play'N

ahah ha haaaa
    PS3 owner, but not played RPG yet (teh) :sweatdrop

TOTAL WAR!