Thread: Purely hypothetical...

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Default Purely hypothetical...

As the thread title suggests, this is a purely hypothetical situation. If I were to start playing FFXI again (a possibility I have been debating for some time now), I would rather purchase the computer version as opposed to the Xbox 360 (which is my other option). About a week ago I purchased OSX Leopard. Using boot camp, I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate, the 32-bit version, because I get it free from the university I'm attending.

I remember hearing that FFXI has some problems running on Vista, and I was wondering if someone could point me to a place where I can get some more information on this and possibly how to fix these problems?

If it really is that bad, I can get the Xbox 360 version, but I'm already comfortable playing on the computer, and I think I would appreciate that familiarity.

Dead serious, I haven't decided whether or not to come back, and this isn't the place for people to try and convince me. That means you, Ome. D=

Edit: Forget it. Ome linked me to what SE has to say about the matter. Unless I wake up tomorrow with a very different opinion, I'll be buying the game and playing for the free month. We'll see how much it destroys my life and make a decision afterwards. PANDY HERE I COME!
    Last edited by Ouch!; 11-05-2007 at 01:56 AM.

Just for people who want the link:

PlayOnline Headlines

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."