Thread: Command and Conquer 3 Help

Default Command and Conquer 3 Help

Sorry to trouble you all with this, but I haven't been able to find the answer anywhere online.

Due to a screwup at the store when I purchased my C&C3 game, I wound up having to return my copy and get a new one (I had been charged for the Kane Edition, but only got the standard edition disc with the game). I'd like to reinstall to get access to the new maps and such, but I don't want to lose my game profiles (I can play the previously installed standard version with the Kane Edition disc, I just don't have access to the extra content). Does anyone know if uninstalling the game deletes your old save profiles, and, if so, is there any way to save them?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I imagine if you just navigate into the folder where the save files are, copy them, and then paste them back in after you reinstall the game, you could keep them. It may even give you the option to keep them when you begin the reinstallation process. I know some games do.

Well, I have duplicated my save files, and I'll live with that if I have to, but I also know that the profile stats, including unlocked videos and intel, win/loss amounts, and other things are stored somewhere else, and I have not been able to locate them. So, while I'd have my full GDI map with full Gold Medals, I'd have to play each mission all over again to unlock their content. I'm hoping to avoid that.

And I haven't seen any keep saves option on the uninstall menu.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Hm. I would probably first try to find a place to download any extra maps or content that comes on the Kane disc online. If you couldn't get access to them that way, maybe try contacting customer support and if they can't help you, sounds like you're stuck.

Well, if anyone else ever wonders about this, uninstalling the game does not delete your profiles. Or your saves. So I did a lot of worrying and backup work for nothing. But thanks for the advice anyway, Azar.