Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FFXII

I say we send Realm back to the past with old and very old ff games aplenty. I'm sure some people won't miss him here.

Quote Originally Posted by Raebus View Post
    I say we send Realm back to the past with old and very old ff games aplenty. I'm sure some people won't miss him here.
    NO, he would enjoy that.....
    But seriously, FFXII was a good game, it was just(as all FF games were) weak in some areas, and it changed a few things. If FF didn't change, it would had died on FF2.

This game was too much like a Final Fantasy game for my liking. Yasumi Matsuno's style is completely different to the FF series and trying to mesh the two together is kind of like Titus Andronicus being raped by The OC. Honestly, if Matsuno had just done his own thing like he did in Tactics the whole project would have been so much better.

Not that I think the game is overly bad mind you. FFXII is probably the biggest step forward that the genre has seen in years.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
    This game was too much like a Final Fantasy game for my liking. Yasumi Matsuno's style is completely different to the FF series and trying to mesh the two together is kind of like Titus Andronicus being raped by The OC. Honestly, if Matsuno had just done his own thing like he did in Tactics the whole project would have been so much better.

Not that I think the game is overly bad mind you. FFXII is probably the biggest step forward that the genre has seen in years.
    Definately agree on some of this, but you gotta remember that Matsuno was taken off the project and replaced as Exec Producer by the guy who directed FFII (probably why there's so many allusions to that game), plus the scenario writer was an assistant writer for FFX, alot of the graphical designers also worked on that game, one of the co-directors who replaced Matsuno has worked on almost every Final Fantasy since the first one (including game design for Tactics).

Point taken. Replace "...if Matsuno had just done things his own way..." with "...if Square had let Matsuno do things his own way instead of pissing him off until he mysteriously 'fell in' and left...".

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    Here's the thing. When you think about the traditional FF, the dialogue scenes, the battle scenes, the Uematsu music glueing it all together, the boss confrontations, fixed cameras, the victory fanfare at the end of each battle...

Those days are gone and they're never coming back.

The first nine games are always going to be definitive of what Final Fantasy used to be...
    if these days are gone and will never come back,as you say,then how do you explain the reason why square is remaking almost all of them?have you seen what there doing to fflV?the days of the old are still here.clasics never die
    (SPOILER)waha made you highlight