Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Assassin's Creed

Game looks hotter than hot pink to me. Games that are in development for 152.3 years and have lots of hype tend to either be horrible or genius, and this one looks the latter thankfully. Can't wait to taste it! And just as Naruto allowed me to be a ninja in orange, I can now finally be an assassin in all white.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

This Friday. I'll pick it up on the way home from learny.

I would, but I don't want to buy any of the next-gen consoles yet.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Click here if you want to see a video review of the game. It's from Gametrailers.com.

This game is awesome. Screw the reviews, get it now.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

I've heard this game had medicore reviews and it only reinforced my decision to just trust my own judgement. The game is overall awesome.

Man for some reason leaving a massive mountain of corpses of brutally murdered Christians is strangely satisfying :D (literally, there was a part in the first mission where you get a stream of templar knights coming at you one at a time, so I was using it to get a bunch of the acheivements done and there was just a pile of 100 corpses all the way down this hill.)

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by DK View Post
    I've heard this game had medicore reviews and it only reinforced my decision to just trust my own judgement. The game is overall awesome.

Man for some reason leaving a massive mountain of corpses of brutally murdered Christians is strangely satisfying (literally, there was a part in the first mission where you get a stream of templar knights coming at you one at a time, so I was using it to get a bunch of the acheivements done and there was just a pile of 100 corpses all the way down this hill.)
    How have you got it already?!

And yeah I trust what Gabe says more than most reviews. Gamespot's seemed more nuanced though, I generally find they're in line with my opinions. Getting tomorrow, can't wait. D:

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

I got "tha hookups"

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by DK View Post
    I got "tha hookups"
    ... Mass Effect?

Here's a challenge, try to find a negative review about Assassin's Creed that doesn't contain some variation of "I formulated preconceived notions of this game through trailers and hype. The game is different from my preconceived notions. This game is a terrible disappointment."

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

The only major complaint I've seen is that there is simply a lack of variety in the game, both in terms of gameplay and the environment. I think IGN said the AI was ty, but their review was so poorly written it's hard to give it much credence. I'd trust Gabe's word over most reviewers any day, too.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

I don't know how any reviewer can complain about AC being too repetitive after SotC was almost universally praised. Get on horse, run for 10 minutes, use bow/sword to knock giant monster down, climb giant monster, stab weak point, repeat until dead and then repeat 15 times for the entire game.

At least in AC there is a much richer story and you can free roam and do whatever you want. Free running over the city rooftops is just fun (to me, anyway) and so is randomly going on killing sprees. Or making Altair jump off the highest place you can find into water because he's a ponce who can't swim and dies straight away. Or just anything your imagination lets you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley
    ... Mass Effect?
    I could get it soon, I think, depends when the dude gets it in, but I'm not getting that until Christmas because now that I have AC, I literally don't have any more room for other games. Blue Dragon is still only 5 and a half hours played and I still haven't taken Eternal Sonata out of the plastic wrap, so yeah xD

Just finished my first assassination. I can understand the bad reviews. The fun in this is the open-world do it at your own leisure style. If I was playing this game under a deadline, all the fun would be sucked right out of it.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Got it. It's pretty much identical to Crackdown other than the fact that it's set in the Crusades.

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

When you see citizens being harassed by guards, if you kill the guards, the citizens side with you, so when you're in trouble, they'll grab the guards and you can run, or kill them, whatever floats your boat.

EDIT
    Oh yeah, I kind of hate the fighting, all they do is deflect and all I can do is throw them and glitch hit them when they're on the ground.
    placeholder_text.jpeg