Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
I think there's something about EoFF that makes it a magnet for absurd really valid point and i'm impressed by your thinking. arguments.

People <i>currently</i> can publish hate-filled books. Have you heard of Ann Coulter? The other things currently are not legal, so bringing them up bears absolutely no relevance to this case, unless you're arguing that the government should censor books with "offensive" messages (and that not doing so is equatable with handing out heroin), in which case I will just be thankful you do not have any authority over such things.
My statement was done slightly tongue-in-cheek because of the way it got setup. I never intended to use a really valid point and i'm impressed by your thinking. argument, and personally resent the fact that you would accuse me as such. Even if you barely knew me you would know that I never purposefully resort to such tactics.

Besides which my point was mainly that in some cases censorship and prohibition of certain materials isn't necessarily a bad thing. As far as I'm concerned, in regards to stuff like this I'm against this sort of right-wing drivel (see my initial post) by virtue of it being right-wing drivel. So really I'm going to be more in the camp of seeing such trash removed from our shelves due to it's inherent lack of worth. Then again I also think that self-help books about mysticism and spiritual healing that are sold as viable medical advice should also be banned, so maybe I'm a bit more of a censoring type of guy. Either that or I just don't like to see the general quality of available literature decline due to inherently ridiculous viewpoints. Whatever the case it's just my opinion.