Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Sims 2

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default The Sims 2

This is not the first thread I've made on The Sims 2, but this time I have something to post. Hooray!

I play The Sims 2... a lot. As often as possible. In fact, right now I'm tormenting myself by alternating between The Sims 2 and Twilight Princess.

But today the purpose of my thread creation is not only to discuss The Sims 2, but to post the "legacy" I started.

In The Sims 2 community, it's common for a player to create a Sim and document their game play and the procreation of their first generation in what is called a "legacy."

And I decided to make one.

So look at it: The Muffin Legacy

Also feel free to discuss The Sims 2 in general.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I really wish The Sims 2 worked on any of my computers. ;;

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I upgraded my computer just so it would run the game better. xD

I enjoy TS2 quite a bit. I haven't kept quite as addicted as I did to TS1 though (all of the expansions etc.), but it's still a blast. Playing MMOs probably affected that. However, lately I have time to play neither that much. At this point I'll probably wait for TS3 to get back into it hardcore, though I've been tempted lately to catch up in expansions.

I wonder why it has such a negative connotation in the gaming world. It seems that a lot of people think it's stupid or girly or something of the such. I think it's great fun.

I love the Sims 2 i used to play it a lot but not much lately, i still see my sister playing it a lot though.

If I was like Cloud I don't think I would have taken that test.
    Changed to stop Jessweeee♪ from going insane. Is that better?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Yeargdribble View Post
    I enjoy TS2 quite a bit. I haven't kept quite as addicted as I did to TS1 though (all of the expansions etc.), but it's still a blast. Playing MMOs probably affected that. However, lately I have time to play neither that much. At this point I'll probably wait for TS3 to get back into it hardcore, though I've been tempted lately to catch up in expansions.

I wonder why it has such a negative connotation in the gaming world. It seems that a lot of people think it's stupid or girly or something of the such. I think it's great fun.
    The amount of idiots in The Sims 2 community far exceeds that of any other gaming community I've seen. People who typically don't play games play The Sims 2, so there's an obvious ignorance to what happens in the general gaming world.

For example, in most gaming communities, people who mod the games put their mods up on the internet and share them around, knowing full well that any editing they do to game code isn't theirs to sell. In The Sims community, many modders/creators expect to be compensated for their code-editing. There are a number of people who make a good living off of making little outfits for Sims. It's retarded.

Go to a big Sims 2 message board. It's hilarious.

I can't find my Sims 2, which irritates me quite a bit. There are times when I just wanna play the game so bad, and then I start looking for it, but I'm never able to find it.. sigh.

I used to spend a bit of time on TS2 messageboards and I will say that I found quite a few of the players annoying just due to their over-cutesy approach to everything.

I'm not sure how I feel about charging for content. I mean, if someone has a great deal of skill with something like Maya and can make fantastic skins, meshes, furniture, etc. then I don't really have a problem with feeling like they deserve compensation. They have a special skill set. If they were doing it for their work as an animator they would get paid.

I think there's something just a bit different because it's a little less accessible. In a game like Unreal Tournament damn near everyone is making levels and such and there's enough high quality free content that there's no demand for paid content.

In The Sims community only those with talent can make very high quality thing. I personally have less of a problem paying for access to a large assortment of high-quality, fan-made content than paying for those stupid item expansion packs that are actually put out by EA. Those are the bigger rip off to me.

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

I sometimes play this game, but it's never been able to hold me well.

Although it was fun to watch the virtual me and my girlfriend speak gibberish

I've learned that if I say "unnau giu mahga na neshioo un" to my girlfriend, the terrible verbal fight will end in kissing.

I'd like to know how many hours i've played TS2 in total. It would be so huge number! Honestly.
    Well, i haven't really played it for a while now cuz i got bored... probably bored to the way i play. Still my history with the game started three years ago, before that i watched couple of years while me friend played it.

Nice legacy you have there.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Your legacy makes me want to play again XD (I only really played for one weekend before). Can you get add ons like consoles or items for the sims to use? (I have noo idea about any of this)
    rawr

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

Oh my god I love it.

You know what? I'm going to go and do a legacy RIGHT NOW.

Which neighborhood should I do it in?

I say start your own. It's fun having almost every single house with the same last name.

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Germ Hamee View Post
    I say start your own. It's fun having almost every single house with the same last name.
    RRRRIGHT!

LEGACY TIME! BERRY AWAY!