Page 1 of 11 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF Christmas Card Swap! Yay!

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default EoFF Christmas Card Swap! Yay!

Christmas decorations are up and tree farms are already charging hand and foot for live evergreens. The most wonderful time of year (besides the summer celebration of foa, that is) is just around the corner, which means it's time for the EoFF Christmas Card Exchange! All registered, non-banned members are welcome to participate in the exchange, given you obey the following rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of foa-past and some updates
    1) If you add yourself to the list, make sure you're able to send a card to everyone who is on the list. Even a scrap of paper with "Merry Christmas!" on it makes for a great Christmas greeting. If your financial situation limits you from sending cards to a large number of EoFFers, PM me and we will work something out, however, I strongly urge everyone to try and send each member on the list something. No one wants to feel like Ralph Wiggum on Valentine's Day.

2) The deadline for having your addresses PMed to me is November 30, (the last Friday of November) by 8:00 p.m. EST. I will be sending out the addresses the next afternoon. (Saturday, December 1). Any addresses PMed to me after the deadline are going to sit in my PM box all alone and be sad.

3) Do not send your address to anyone else but me. I am not having crazy PM spam happening all over this board as a result of me. They'd beat me up in the Staff forum.

4) As soon as the addresses are sent out and the cards are received, it is up to everyone who has the mailing list to delete them in a proper manner (there should be no reason to keep them after getting the cards). This is to ensure the safety and well-being of all those involved. Also note that I cannot be held accountable for what type of person ends up getting your address as a result of this. Please understand that you are putting a lot of trust in your fellow members when you decide to do this.

5) You do not have to give your real name or a permanent street address. PO Boxes or dorm addresses are perfectly fine to use, just as long as it is a real address that you maintain. You are more than welcome to use your EoFF name as the name on your envelope. Your mailman will just look at you funny.

6) Please do not send small objects inside envelopes. The envelope will be opened by workers at the U.S.P.S to ensure there are no hazardous materials inside, and the object will be removed. Glitter has, in my experience, not been subject to this removal.

7) Do not, under any circumstances, send rude or threatening messages to anyone through the Christmas Card exchange. If I find out about it, I will ban you from the exchange until I am dead, and I will urge those you offended to press charges, or seek legal recourse myself. It is against US Federal Law to abuse or threaten someone through the postal service. And I'll ban you. At any rate, you'll just be showing a lot of people what a jerk you really are. If you receive a threatening message and do not want to seek legal recourse on your own please come to me and I will help you through it as best I can. I AM HERE FOR YOU.

8) The most important rule, have a great time with this. This is one of the few times you can step outside of your EoFF identity and reach out to your online friends through real life communication. And it is a small, but incredibly powerful way to make a difference in someone's holiday season. There is no reason on earth this shouldn't be happy fun goodtimes.

Yay Christmas!
    Yay Christmas indeed, past foa. Yay Christmas indeed.

Let's get started! I hope at least 20 of you will sign up this year! Later on I'll post prices and conversions to other countries.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Baloki
    The 10th of December is the last date you should send international cards from the UK if you plan on your recipient receiving them this side of New Years day

Signature by rubah. I think.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

1. How many people you think are going to enter this? 'cause dunno if I should get myself into this if it's way too many. xD How many were there last year?

2. When should we aim to send the letters? didn't see any date up in your text there. Got some exams, so just wondering how well it would fit with these.

3. Awesome

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Last year I ended up with a fair few cards lev, strangely last minute crap came up and left me unable to return the favour, I do however intend to return the favour this year. You're looking at around 20 - 30 cards many of them international (Since people like leeza sent me cards though I believe hers never got delivered intact.)

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

That reminds me that Nicole won't receive any card from me (unless I send it to Leeza, which I will, if she participates).

Sign me up. I'll confirm with you that you still have my address (for whatever reason) later.

20 is the usual number I had a LOT of christmas cards the last time I participated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Baloki Kyuu (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff

The 10th of December is the last date you should send international cards from the UK if you plan on your recepient recieving them this side of New Years day
    FOA

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Thanks Phillllll

Signature by rubah. I think.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I'm in, bring out the glitter bombs!!!
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

kk, I'm in too.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I should be good for it this year, let me double check my posting costs and I'll confirm later on

Sounds awesome!! It'll make me look like I'm popular when I go check my mailbox. Bwahahahahaa! ^^
    Here I am to save the day!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Baloki Kyuu (Sargatanas)
    Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by fire_of_avalon View Post
    Thanks Phillllll
    Ya know I'm behind ya 100% all the way on this one Also beware Lezza, she fills her envelopes with glitter and other noxious substances, took me two hours to clean up last year :o
    FOA

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

But...what if I ran out of glitter, Phill?

Count me in, foa.

Quote Originally Posted by Pureghetto View Post
    That reminds me that Nicole won't receive any card from me (unless I send it to Leeza, which I will, if she participates).
    Brian and Nicole will be at my house this Christmas.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Baloki Kyuu (Sargatanas)
    Contributions

You never, EVER, EVER, run out of glitter :o
    FOA

Blog Entries

EVER

and yeah I'm in this year! woot for having a job!