Thread: Both of You, Dance Like You Want to Win!

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Default Both of You, Dance Like You Want to Win!

I played DDR for the first time this weekend. My friend didn't wanna do it alone and asked me for some odd reason, I've been known to trip standing still. And we were bad, but we got "E's" for Excellent! I gotta say I have new found respect for people who can play that game well. So topic is: Can anyone play this well?

DDR is to dancing as Guitar Hero is to playing the guitar as American Idol The Game is to singing.

I've heard people say these games are gay, to which I respond, "No self-repsecting homosexual would be caught dead playing these games."

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by The Ceej View Post
    DDR is to dancing as Guitar Hero is to playing the guitar as American Idol The Game is to singing.

I've heard people say these games are gay, to which I respond, "No self-repsecting homosexual would be caught dead playing these games."
    While I have no comment on the third game, both DDR and Guitar Hero are fun as hell. Granted, people who actually think that playing either will make them any better at the activity they're made to emulate are idiots.

That said, I own DDR Extreme. I didn't bring the mats or the game with me to college, but when I go back for Thanksgiving break, I've vowed to play bring them from home. What can I say, Guitar Hero III spawned an urge to play some DDR.

I suppose I'm decent at DDR. I could manage a fair few songs on heavy, but it's been quite some time since I last played, so I'll just have to see how I do when I get the stuff back in my possession. I'm nowhere near as good as my friend Armando, though. I remember clearly the day he got online bitching about missing a 1,000 step combo by three steps while playing endless on the highest difficulty.

Anyway... long story short, DDR is fun. =D