Thread: Yndi Halda

Camoflauge! Camoflauge! Shine On...'s Avatar

Default Yndi Halda

So I know they have been around for a while, but I just picked up Yndi Halda's 'Enjoy Eternal Bliss' CD, and man am I speechless...

Possibly one of the best recent 'Post-Rock' albums that I have heard. Very epic, hopeful, and just all around stunning. Hopefully some of you have heard it, as it would be a priviledge to your ears. Some complain and say "Blah, Blah, they are just copying Godspeed, and have no inspiration of their own..." and this is sort of true, (I mean, in some sections, they sound quite a bit like GY!BE, but when was that ever a bad thing?) but honestly, if you enjoy Post-Rock, you will love this album.

I'M LOOKING AT YOU GOOEYTOAST AND CZ!
    Sig please.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Excellent band, I got their album (or is it classified as an EP? I forget) back in February and it's definitely a fine example of post-rock. I especially love the second track. And Godspeed are certainly a good band to get influences from anyway.

Though Do Make Say Think remain my pick of post-rock albums from the last two years or so
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Oh, but thats unfair. To compare a budding band with the always phenomenal Do Make Say Think?
    Sig please.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

I'm not really comparing the two, just saying who has made my favourite post-rock album of recent years. I thought it was a good excuse to mention it is all - I'm sure Yndi Halda are capable of going on to do more excellent stuff.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

You don't need an excuse to mention Do Make Say Think. Haha Although I found that I enjoyed Winter Hymn quite a bit more than their latest effort.
    Sig please.