Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I need a job!

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Relm I need a job!

Where do you work? Do you like your job, or do you dislike it? Tell us about your job! If you don't have a job, tell us about not having a job!

I currently don't have a job. I'm at college and I've been finding it difficult to find a part time job to fill in the blanks on my timetable. However, I turn 18 in two weeks, so I'm going to look for some bar work leading up to Christmas. I used to work for an insurance company - it was boring, repetitive work, but I loved the pay. It was a full-time job which I did on my gap-year before I started college, so I had to quit before starting.

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have a job, I call people about mortgage-y stuff, I don't likes it! But it gives me moneys $_$ Kaching.

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

move to the usa, ohio with me!!!! we could work at bob evans together!!! (omg thats s******'s last name *depression* ;_; ) lol. we could have so much fun staying until midnight washing dishes together!!!! ^____^
    Oh gods, why? ಥ_ಥ

*yawn*

I once worked at a fish market. I sold many types of fishes to people. Until one day I spilt a peanut butter milkshake onto an Australian man, who was very nice about it. The end. :chef:

Citrus Fruits
    Y SO SRS ?

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm a game tester at Nintendo of Europe. I had to move to Frankfurt for this job, but it's not too bad. Sure less boring than working in a bank! And I live better with my paycheck here than I could afford to in Italy.

Quote Originally Posted by KoShiatar View Post
    I'm a game tester at Nintendo of Europe. I had to move to Frankfurt for this job, but it's not too bad. Sure less boring than working in a bank! And I live better with my paycheck here than I could afford to in Italy.
    Thats just freakin awesome! I would love to have a job like that.

I work at GLAD. Yes, I make trash bags. Well, actually, I just drive a fork lift, but still.
    NO SIGNATURE NEEDED!!

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Maccas.

I hate my job, but I love the people I work with.

I start full time study next year~ So I can become a games tester/Japanese Teacher ^_^

Reno's my man! <3 Fire_Emblem776's Avatar

Oh boy this is fun. I hate my jobs too, but i like meeting people at work.
    I work in 2 restaurants and a gas station, real thrilling X_X

I work for BT (British Telecom). I have the unfortunate task of having to tell people their lines are not working, and that it will take three weeks to get it repaired. The other half of my job is trying to get old people to check their own equipment. Depending on what sort of main socket you have, there are different ways to do that, and trying to communicate this to the customer (usually old people, urgh!) can be pretty tough. They never taught us in layman's terms, so it can be quite frustrating.

Sometimes I really hate my job. Like yesterday I came home with a nasty stress headache because I had really nasty callers, and I had to call the trainers for help every five minutes. However today was a breeze. I had my review, and I have improved a lot since my first week (I am now in my second week proper) All I have to work on at the moment is apologizing to the consumer (I always forget! :rolleyes2). It's fun on a good day, and the money is good, but would be even better with a real BT contract (I work for the Manpower agency atm).

"I work in one of those humble call centres... Apparently, what we're doing at the moment is 'sprinkling our magic along the way'. It's a call centre, not Hogwarts." ~ Caroline Garlick, Ayrshire, BBC News Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    I currently don't have a job. I'm at college and I've been finding it difficult to find a part time job to fill in the blanks on my timetable.
    Couldn't be said any better for me!

If i tell you about my job then i have to kill you.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I work part time minimum wage at TJ Maxx. For a 17 year old, it's not a bad job. It's pretty easy and I can take days off pretty much whenever I want. I work there 3 days a week, about 14 hours a week. Over the summer I worked a bit over 20 hours a week.

This summer, I'd really like to get an office job that's more professional and pays quite a bit more.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

After over five months of trying to find full time work, I ended up with a temporary job in Woolworths over Christmas. Could be extended past then though if they decide to keep me on. Not terrific work but it's better than nothing.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Fluttershy Recognized Member Ashi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Chat Operator

No job at the moment. My school schedule doesn't even allow part-time work. I was supposed to go work somewhere Saturdays but probably next semester.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I work as a photographer. I shoot people. I do weddings and portrait work right now, but eventually I want to get into commercial (magazine, publicity prints, etc) work.

I love what I do. It's fun and exciting and pays extremely well. Plus, I get to be my own boss. Also, since the actual days that I'm photographing are usually weekends, it doesn't really interfere with school work at all. And all the post production work I need to do, I can easily schedule around my school work. So it works out pretty great.

I'm a very lucky person.