Thread: Future Changes to Final Fantasy XI Jobs

Default Future Changes to Final Fantasy XI Jobs

RPGamer - News Bulletin - Future Changes to Final Fantasy XI Jobs

At the developer panel at Final Fantasy XI Fan Festival, a lot of changes were disclosed for all the jobs. Here are all the changes being considered or already set for implementation.

Warrior
    An ability to counter an attack as well as store TP.
    Looking for ways to distribute frontline tanking abilities.

Monk
    Currently considering the use of kick attacks as a weapon skill or slow attack.

White Mage
    New ability: Repose - Save their parties with a sleep spell.
    Especially useful with a Scholar support job.
    Adding new teleport spells in the future.

Black Mage
    Lowering the rate in which monsters resist skillchains.
    New spells involving transportation.

Red Mage
    Adding magic to move red mage to the front lines.

Thief
    New Job Ability: Accomplice - Steal half of a party member's current emnity.

Paladin
    A magic spell that would reflect back the damage deflected by the shield.

Dark Knight
    More Dark magic specific spells to use in battle.

Beastmaster
    The amount of HP used with Wait will be greatly increased.
    New pet command: Snarl - Order a pet to take all its masters emnity, like the Provoke ability.
    In the future, pet food could be added to cure status ailments and lower recast of Reward.

Bard
    New songs and abilities.
    Let a bard select a single target for songs. This allows for pinpoint casting and more chances to cast.

Ranger
    New ability: Velocity Shot - Ranged attacks will be quicker and more powerful while melee will be slower and weaker.

Samurai
    Bad News: Some adjustments will be made to samurai to bring it back into balance with other jobs.
    New ability to improve the effectiveness of the skillchain; more damage or less resistance.

Ninja
    New Ninjitsu for Sneak.
    New ability that temporarily reduces emnity for a short period of time.

Dragoon
    Increasing the number of actions the wyvern will take in battle.
    Looking into two types of actions, offensive and defensive.

Summoner
    A new ability to restore MP with the elemental spirits
    Later announcement for Summoners.

Blue Mage
    New monster techniques in 2008.

Corsair
    New Rolls for the new jobs (in 2008).
    Using charges for Quick Draw, similiar to the new Scholar job.

Puppetmaster
    New attachments.
    New weapon skills with the puppet at higher levels.

More panels and events are still to come from Final Fantasy XI Fan Festival. We'll bring you more information as soon we can.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

The later announcement for SMNs was that they would be getting new avatars.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Interesting.

~

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

I laugh at what us Blue Mages get, I mean I knew it but still.

"New spells, ok next"
    jkhkjg

Hmm i was expecting Reflect on Paladin...like Magical reflect from what i heard the other day from my friend...and a little underwhelmed by WHM updates =/

I am going to level SAM but i dont see whats broken that needs to be fixed(however i havent played in a bit as well so i dont know)

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

pinchpinchpinchpinchpinch ScottNUMBERS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lionx View Post
    I am going to level SAM but i dont see whats broken that needs to be fixed(however i havent played in a bit as well so i dont know)
    I assume you last played before the two handed weapon update?

Samurai is stupidly strong, no DD job can compete as it stands.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Sam already had some updates prior to the 2hand one.

Though when I'm playing Blu I do like having a Sam since it will steal hate more often than me so the bird eats its food instead of mine. :P

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

No third job?

pinchpinchpinchpinchpinch ScottNUMBERS's Avatar

I hear alot around different forums there is one job yet to be announced (Make sense since all the other jobs came in groups of three).

I was rumaging through dats on my friend's computer and came across a few somewhat geomancer-esqe spells. They could possibly be for Scholar or Dancer but I hope not, I would be very interested to see how Geomancer would work in FFXI.

There was no third job. The special event at the end of the second night was a concert by the Smash Brothers (The butchered every FFXI song they played and were told to get off the stage by quite a few people) and one member of the Star Onions who did and amazing job playing the Mario theme (I'm serious), 2 songs we already know and 1 from WotG.

Everyone was hoping that they would just sneak a video in at the end, but it didn't happen. Unless they just put it in the game and don't tell us until we see it in the manual tomorrow, there will just be DNC and SCH. Don't worry though, DNC rules.

ballsballsballs of steel Jimsour's Avatar

SAM became shockingly over-powered so much so that in my LS we had SAMs tanking Gods, but part of that was skill, too. In an EXP party I can keep up with their damage as a DRK, but at the minute they're easily the better DD, and just about everyone is lv'ing it.

I'm happy to hear about new DRK spells. Aspir II would be ace, drain HP to MP or something so it can be used on most mobs and so we can actually use the majority of our expensive spells. When you had 300 odd MP with Dread Spikes, Absorb-TP and Absorb-STR adding up to over 120, it gets tough to keep up the MP because lazy RDMs dont want to bother refreshing.
    I'm a big fan of the Mars Bar Diet; You don't eat the Mars bar, you stick it up your arse and let a rottweiler chase you home.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimage View Post
    There was no third job. The special event at the end of the second night was a concert by the Smash Brothers (The butchered every FFXI song they played and were told to get off the stage by quite a few people) and one member of the Star Onions who did and amazing job playing the Mario theme (I'm serious), 2 songs we already know and 1 from WotG.

Everyone was hoping that they would just sneak a video in at the end, but it didn't happen. Unless they just put it in the game and don't tell us until we see it in the manual tomorrow, there will just be DNC and SCH. Don't worry though, DNC rules.
    DNC will indeed rule. I looked at their ability list and was amazed at what they can do. I probably won't level it, but making parties will be a lot easier now

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

I went to the FanFest more excited about SCH (I'm a RDM main), but when I played the tour, I got real excited for DNC, and so did the other RDM in our group.

I was so sad to find out that the ability that lets SCH turn single target magic in to AoE was level 40. I wanted my Refreshga so I could be a little bit lazy.

Wow i guess i missed out on all the SAM brokenness Lol. However if its to balance the game i wouldnt mind. If you give me more incentive to skillchain i would really really enjoy it as thats what i leveled it for and also the image of being a Samurai.

I also looked at Dancer...that AoE Drain move seems to be 100% in the YouTube videos i seen. But even if it wasnt, doesnt this make the DRK Blood Weapon...kinda useless...? Thats what my friend has been saying the entire time when i showed him that video.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

There are 2 tiers to Drain Samba, so I'm fairly sure neither of them will let you drain 100% of the damage you deal. Maybe with Blood Weapon and Drain Samba you'll drain more damage you deal, even though I highly doubt it.