Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I finally beat Final Fantasy XII!

Default I finally beat Final Fantasy XII!

Two days ago I beat it! It took 275.5 hours. It's a great game!

I skipped some sidequests which take a long time, are less important, and which don't have great enough rewards. I did this to save time because I'm buying Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings the day it comes out, Tuesday, and I need to be done with Final Fantasy XII for it. Also, I didn't have as much interest in those sidequests that I skipped.

I skipped: Fishing nebra river, Balfonheim port footrace, Bestiary completion, Club(not clan) hunts. Also I had never gotten a Hastega mote or a Holy mote so they don't show up in my gambits list. I didn't beat Level 99 Red Chocobo. I didn't get two Sky Pirates Den items: Ba'Gamnan(complete bestiary) and Gabranth(do all concurrences). If I completed that Sky Pirates Den I would obtain Order of Ambrosia. These extra sidequests may take 25 hours. Oh, I beat Yiazmat, in 10.5 hours~!

I used the Negalmuur auto-levelling method. It took 6 characters from level 60-61 to level 99 in 117 hours. I had embroidered tippets equipped to double exp and I had haste cast on Negalmuur also. If I did a standard powerlevelling method I could have the game timer 75 hours less, but it would take more work actually.

So it's 275 hours but I could have increased it 25 hours or lowered it 75 hours(which is more work than the Negalmuur auto-levelling method actually). What a great game!

Now, it's on to Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings! :0
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Well, at least you haven't posted a long list of video games, yet.

Congrats on beating the game and just in time to play Revenant Wings as well(which comes out tomorrow if I'm not mistaken). Glad to hear that you enjoyed it as well =)

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

wow,275 hours.i beat it at 117 hours and continued playing,now im at 178 hours.ive mostly done everything in this game(exept bestiary and club hunts).that powerkeviling stuff must take forever
    (SPOILER)waha made you highlight

I'm excited, i dl'ed ff xii soundtrack from here
    Random VideoGame Soundtracks - Request, yo! [Sendspace] - Final Fantasy Shrine Forums

I'll buy it later though. I get FF XII: RW tomorrow! new Nintendo ds lite/white today tho
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

CONGRATZ!!!

Although your progress was slow. Ive almost got that far after a hundred hours. XD

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Good work.

I'm making a point of beating all the sidequests if I can.

I'm going to Pharos now, am level 68 ish and have done a large number of hunts as well as some clan hunts like Gilgamesh etc..

I have lots to do still however. 82 hours logged so far

Great stuff!!

Today I bought a new Nintendo DS Lite/White and the Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings strategy guide. Tomorrow I will get FF XII: RW when it arrives at the store.

I haven't used this Nintendo DS because I also got cable television today and I am busy setting that up and doing some homework but I'll use it within the hour, read the manual and stuff.

Tomorrow is great! I'm getting FF XII: RW!
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

yea,we get it,your geting revenant wings weeeeeeeeeeeeeee*does the finger twirl* lol.but that site you linked is pretty great,thats some fast and easy downloads(now i have something to listen to on my 360!!!!)

Yea, I was able to browse the listing, pm me for more info.

Anyways, I'm real excited about FF XII: RW, at first I had slight concerns about the controls/battle system but I'm used to the play style now and I love it! It's a worthy successor to FF XII and I want a sequel!!

It's too bad that the FF XII team is probably disbanded. Yasumi Matsuno is working with Nintendo on a new Wii rpg with help from some members of Monolith Soft(Xenosaga 1-3). The other 6 members of the team, some we know what they are doing but some we don't yet, so maybe they are working with Yasumi or did they stay with Square Enix I wonder.
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

you beat revenant wings that fast?

What are the odds that Dragonsoul, who took 275 hours to finish FF XII, finished RW in a couple of days? xD

I'm not done with FF XII: RW. I got it on Tuesday the day it came out. I'm 10 hours into it. Since I'm beating it to 100% completion it will take 40 hours maybe to beat. The game is great!
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Damn it took that long for the auto levelling im amazed you actually had that much of patience in you ....
    hey Dragonsoul is reveant wings any good?

It's 117 hours but I only put 3 hours of work into it.

Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings is great! There are some issues with the controls and battle system but I don't think they are too huge for me personally. Rpgamer released their review yesterday
    RPGamer > Staff Review > Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings

The review talks about some flaws in the controls and battle system but says that overall the game is great even with those issues. I am really happy with this game!
    *Last Update 7-25-2008