Thread: Magic: The Gathering

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

Default Magic: The Gathering

This card game has long piqued my interest (because I like strategy games and the artwork has always been interesting to me), but have never gone out and begun playing it.

What does EoFF think of Magic: The Gathering?

Is it truly as in depth as some people say? Or is it simply the godfather of the Pokemon card game I played in 5th grade? Is it worth the expense to play a card version of chess? Have you ever played Magic: The Gathering?

tl;dr
    Have you played Magic: The Gathering, and would you recommend it to someone who shows interest in such a game?

I played it when I was younger...over ten years ago when 3rd ed. came out I think. I stopped playing shortly after stronghold.

I liked it then, but there are just too many cards out there now, I liked being able to know what cards were without having to read them ALL.

Always fancied the artwork, but not the fact that you have to pay for it. Similar views to yours on this point, NE.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

I started playing when 4th edition came out and stopped around the time 5th edition came out. It is a cool game and I really like all the different strategy one can form. But they keep coming out with new cards and making old ones obsolete and stuff and thus making it too expensive too really keep up with.

EoFF should have another Magic tournament. That was fun :D I tried to play with random people online but they all thought I was a noob and tried to slip everything under the radar on me and any abilities that were added after I played I had to look up. Those people left really fast because the game didn't move lighting fast. I prefer a slower paced game anyways.

Whenever my bro and I played, the game usually ended up lasting about 30 minutes to and hour. Rarely shorter and sometimes longer.

Blog Entries

I hardly can find anyone fun to play with so I don't play often. I do have a bunch of cards and love it however.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    I hardly can find anyone fun to play with so I don't play often. I do have a bunch of cards and love it however.

It was fun, but there are way too many people with artifact/affinity decks. Seriously, it seemed like everybody at my old school had a deck based around Broodstar and Cranial Plating.

Articles

I used to play back in the day, but it's been years since I really sat down with someone for a challenge. I've got a bunch of cards lying around gathering dust, Nominus, if you're interested maybe we could work out a deal. They're kinda old, but hey.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

My cousin used to play. However, I never did, it never interested me. I was addicted to the Pokémon trading card game though. I even had 2 Charizard cards. ^^

Today, I might wanna try the game out. But I'm not about to shell out a ton of money just to get decent cards. Maybe I can get my cousin's cards, I don't think he plays anymore.