Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DEXTER (Showtime Original Series)

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by No.78 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatal Impurity View Post
    Am I the only one to of mistaken this for Dexters laboratory!?
    No.
    Yeah me too. I was disappointed
    Dexter's lab falls way way short compared to this show.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by CloudDragon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by No.78 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatal Impurity View Post
    Am I the only one to of mistaken this for Dexters laboratory!?
    No.
    Yeah me too. I was disappointed
    Dexter's lab falls way way short compared to this show.
    I'm so disappointed I'm going to go make a thread about it.

Well, I'm happy to report that the last episode of Dexter was better than any of Dexter's Laboratory I've seen. At least I'm not being disappointed about anything. Ohohoho.

Articles

Much appreciated. Let's talk about that episode and the previews.

Now I knew there was something about Harry, but (SPOILER)Harry killing himself? That one threw me for a loop. An interesting twist and it'll be even more interesting to see how Dexter decides to handle that information. Also Doakes looked sooo messed up after witnessing Dexter kill that dude in the cabin. Nearly terrifying!

Yeah, I was pretty surprised about (SPOILER)the suicide. That was NOT what I was expecting to be the big revelation. I was honestly waiting for a big "Dexter, I am your father" type of deal with Harry. The thing with Dexter slashing somebody up in the living room was priceless. Poor Harry. He really had no idea what he was creating.

And this was probably the first time I've ever felt bad for Doakes, or felt anything toward him but hatred. He's never been so visibly vulnerable before. The poor bad ass was near tears begging to work something out with Dexter.

Good stuff. Two more episodes!

Articles

Earlier I was downloading the last episode as I always do so my friends can catch up when they can make the premiere of an episode and what did I run into?

Oh no the last two episodes "Left Turn Ahead" and "The British Invasion" have leaked to the torrent world. Both links were sitting there haunting me, <i>tempting</i> me to download them. Luckily I stayed strong. I want the suspense and as much as I hate waiting I want to be surprised as every other happy viewer is when the show airs.

You pretty much have more self control than I'll ever have. I've already succumbed, and I must say, I don't feel even the least bit bad in doing so.

Now the hard part is going to be not talking about what happens to anyone waiting for it to air. :\ I would be right there with them, but it's not like I have Showtime so it was either this or wait for the DVDs anyway. (Which I'll be marathoning to everyone I know as soon as they're out)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CloudDragon View Post
    Being that I'm a huge fan of this show, I decided to see if any EoFFers might be as well.

For those of you who aren't familiar, Dexter is a Showtime Original Series about a Miami Metro PD Blood Spatter Analyst (Dexter: played by Michael C. Hall) who moonlights as a vigilante serial killer...i.e. he only kills murderers. That's just the original premise but the show itself is a bit more complex than that. The show is originally based of Jeff Lindsay's series, but has since broken away from the original plot.

The second season is currently being aired on Showtime right now and I can state with 100% belief that this is the best show on Television right now. My favorite part about the series is all the moral questions in brings up, and the writers, producers, and cast do a fantastic job of focusing in on all the moral conflict in a big, BIG way. I recommend this show to anyone who hasn't seen it. The first season is out on DVD now, but if you're a pirate I'm sure you can find your way to it.

Also let me mark the opportunity to use this thread for any discussion about the series, but be sure to mark your spoilers.
    Yar! I'll be lookin for treasures!

I'll check it out. Liz talks about it all the time so I'm sure I'll be forced to watch sooner or later xD