Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who bought Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings?

STILL Anti Balthier Setzer Gabianni's Avatar

When's it out in the UK is all I can ask~

Well actually...I wanna ask one more thing..

Oh, Basch and Ashe don't get together do they? Please tell me they don't.

Quote Renmiri on FFXII
    I bitch about the game a lot, mainly for the lack of story and weak characters, but it is still the best of the series out there.
    She loves it more then X!

It's out in February, and I think Ashe and Basch do get a little intimate in this game. But that's just a presumption, and an account taken from various sources.
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

I brought it last week and I dont know why but Im stuck with the missions. Im not getting used with fighting with the stylus.

Kiss me goodbye love's mystery
    All of my life I'll hold you close to me
    Don't shed a tear for love's mortality
    For you put the dream in my reality

This is great! Finally more people are getting into this game. I finished it on the 24th though. I'm busy messing around with my PSP right now. I hope there is a sequel to this game, if it's high quality.
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

STILL Anti Balthier Setzer Gabianni's Avatar

Another sequel? Oh please don't let them water FFXII down - if there's a compilation, it'll probably put me off! The Compilation with FFVII put me off FFVII totally D:

Quote Renmiri on FFXII
    I bitch about the game a lot, mainly for the lack of story and weak characters, but it is still the best of the series out there.
    She loves it more then X!

FFXII and Revenant Wings already exists in the same continuity as Tactics and Vagrant Story, so I guess those are already sequels of sorts. I wouldn't overly mind another sequel actually, as long as it didn't have any (or very few) reoccurring characters from any of the previous Ivalice games. However, I would say that with what is virtually the departure of Yasumi Matsuno from Square-Enix it's unlikely they'll be any form of follow up at all.

Matsuno left!? That's disastrous, I can't believe he left. Damn.

Can anyone give me some tactical advice on how to complete "Easier Said than Done?" I believe it's one of Tomaj's hunts. T.I.A.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stingus078 View Post
    Can anyone give me some tactical advice on how to complete "Easier Said than Done?" I believe it's one of Tomaj's hunts. T.I.A.
    Is that the one where you fight the Scion Ultima??? It is a very hard hunt, and I found myself stuck on it for a bit. What I did was complete all the melee battles in all the locations I had on the map to level up, gain auracite, and gather materials for Cu Sith's weaponsmithing. You might not have to do all of them, but I'm sure if you check the levels of your party and enemies on that one, they're probably alot higher.

Right now I'm on the 10th chapter, 91% i think... I've completed 2 tomaj hunts, 1 where you battle actual people in the keep of forgotten time, and then the one with the un-mastered Yarhi. I've tried the midlight deep series of missions (got stuck on the 3rd or 4th one) and the one where you fight all of the Eternal's Scions, they're both real hard. I'll probably try to finish the other ones/do some other things, but this game has proved challenging in certain parts, really not bad for an RTS, especially considering its a japanese RPG team who made it. Might post a full review when I'm done...

Quote Originally Posted by stingus078 View Post
    Use melee fire and flying fire espers. Use ranged earth espers. If you want you can just run straight to the solid stone material node and scavenge it to win. You could distract the monsters while a flying group scavenges. Watch out for the Minotaur, it's strong.

FF XII: RW was so ultimate that maybe a sequel could be a let down, but I don't know, maybe not. Think & Feel Inc is the company that did most of the work with Square Enix, not sure what they are doing now.

On Sunday I got Final Fantasy Tactics for the PSP! It's ultimate! I beat it once in 1998 for PS 1, and I read the script in Spring of 2006. It's one of the six games I've given a perfect score to, it's #6 on my favorite games list. So far the game is extremely ultimate and yes, it's better than Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings in my opinion!

I recently upgraded Ramza, the main character to a Monk class. Ramza's killing everybody! I got an Archer, a Thief, White Mage, Black Mage, and two Squires which I haven't levelled up recently. I have Delita currently as an Archer, since I wanted him also to be on the physical fighting half of the job chart with Ramza but on a different part of it.

Here's a good picture of the job system in FF Tactics, the PS 1 version...
    GameFAQs: Final Fantasy Tactics (PS) Job Tree by symnzXx

I'm going to be posting in the FF Tactics section of the website for a while! For Xmas I wanted either FF Tactics(PSP), FF I(PSP), or Alundra 1(PS 1 action rpg from 1998). I got FF Tactics as a gift, it's great! My next game will probably be Alundra 1, although I'm definetely getting FF Tactics A2 the day it comes out(April or May it'll be out).

Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

"Ultimate" that word annoys me, just say it's good great but not ultimate. Seriously, annoying.

I Am getting the day it comes out, its not out yet in europe
    But I'll definitly get cause its out on my Bday My bro promised to get it for me
    I Am An Angel, Please Rejoice
    I Am With You And You Are With Me
    You Are Not Alone Nor Ever Will Be

I got the game and a DS yesterday. I was a bit sceptical as I am not really in to the cute cartoony chibi-style of games, but I loved this game instantly! The graphics was better than I thought, and I loved the fact that they used a lot of the same music! I am still only in the first chapter, but I love it already.
    My personal blog - Awareness and Geekiness.

Zanshaa Docks - a brand new geek forum, up and running!

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?

Tabris, I totally agree with you there. I was dubious over some of the elements included in the game, especially the battle controls with integrating the use of the stylus all the time to order around your party. I found it quite annoying how they disobey you at times and give you hassle, sometimes even running off to pursue an enemy without your permission : (

The game really picks up later on though, once you get into the swing of things you're automatically be addicted and won't be able to put the damn game down! I love it now, level grinding takes a long time but it's worth it mainly because buffing up your party gives a nice sense of sweet satisfaction. I also admire how the characters are so upbeat and positive, not depressing or dumb, but they speak sense at times unlike what Vaan used to do in the previous game.

Anyway, great game, I'm not surprised why you love it.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I was really skeptical of this game, because I didn't like FFXII. However, when I saw how massive the strategy guide for the game was, I started to think it wouldn't be as unimpressive as I thought. I decided to buy the game (the cutesy graphics won me over) and it is much better than I expected. I just finished chapter 2.