Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Who bought Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsoul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stingus078 View Post
    Can anyone give me some tactical advice on how to complete "Easier Said than Done?" I believe it's one of Tomaj's hunts. T.I.A.
    Use melee fire and flying fire espers. Use ranged earth espers. If you want you can just run straight to the solid stone material node and scavenge it to win. You could distract the monsters while a flying group scavenges. Watch out for the Minotaur, it's strong.

Alternative way of doing that mission: As I like to kill all the enemies, and gather all the materials, I had to develop another way of finishing that mission. The Minotaurs are insanely powerful, but they are no match for Kyte's magic, and the little guy can kill them with a little help from his team. Use Poison on them, and run away. The Minotaurs will follow him forever and will catch him the next time he casts or when , so you need something to sacrifice to block them. Take one of your level 1 Espers that you don't mind losing and have it attack the Minotaurs after they've been poisoned, while Kytes is still casting/running. When the level 1 Esper is close to dying, make sure Kytes is well away from the Minotaurs. They'll just stop and sit there, letting Kytes' spells (you can get off at least 3 from the initial pull to the death of the sacrificial Esper, without getting Kytes death aggro) recharge, then rinse and repeat. I lost two level 1 Espers before the party died, but I killed all the Minotaurs. It was fun.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

I am now done with chapter two (I was in chapter two when I wrote my first post here, I just remembered incorrectly), and the final mission/fight in chapter two was hard, long and very, very satisfying! Yes, I am hooked. I am now levelling before starting the plot missions in chapter three, as I gather that would be a wise move.

Hazzard: Yeah, I have the same problems. Sometimes, the leaders and Espers just clog up and I can't find the person who I want to click on. It's difficult to manouver them if I want half of them to attack one foe and half to attack another. So far, I've done this on sheer numbers and force, while activly healing with Penelo. :-p
    My personal blog - Awareness and Geekiness.

Zanshaa Docks - a brand new geek forum, up and running!

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?

Quote Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
    I am now done with chapter two (I was in chapter two when I wrote my first post here, I just remembered incorrectly), and the final mission/fight in chapter two was hard, long and very, very satisfying! Yes, I am hooked. I am now levelling before starting the plot missions in chapter three, as I gather that would be a wise move.

Hazzard: Yeah, I have the same problems. Sometimes, the leaders and Espers just clog up and I can't find the person who I want to click on. It's difficult to manouver them if I want half of them to attack one foe and half to attack another. So far, I've done this on sheer numbers and force, while activly healing with Penelo. :-p
    I agree about the last mission in chapter 2.I think i failed 4-5 times before finally succeeding.Right now i'm also leveling before chapter 3.Does anyone else find the Atomos squads a bit too hard to beat in Sky Pirate Melee?They are level 14 and my highest level members are lv 11...
    I also agree with Hazzard and you Tabris about the Espers not always obeying their leaders commands and yes they are a bit difficult to manouver.I find that VERY annoying!

I'm nearing the end towards Chapter Four now and I'm thoroughly enjoying the game. It seems the problem with espers wandering away becomes insignificant if you just keep on clicking at the place where you're directing them to go to. I find it slightly annoying that I have to cast spells manually sometimes, and that the magic takes like two minutes to actually be conjured - You're characters just keep battering away at their foes without really following orders most of the time, that's how I came by a string of KO's in Chapter Three.

Llyud's Revive is a lifesaver! To be honest, so far only Lluyd, Penelo and Kytes are really effective in this game, the other three including Vaan can only really buff up your party. Nothing else really.

BTW, what level should I be to finish Chapter Four?
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I might pick up this game. I am used to having spinoff titles like this mailed to me from third parties, but I never got this one. I am glad that its marketing was not hyped or else we'd have to have created another forum just for this title, and it doesn't seem to be a discussion-generating title.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

I beat the game on Christmas Eve, with a 100% completion rate. I'm still pretty excited about this game, it was so amazing! Currently I'm playing Final Fantasy Tactics(PSP) and Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos. I'm not going for a true 100% FF T completion rate, that would take dozens of hours more than I want, but I'll do all the important stuff that I like. After this I'm going to play Alundra 1 and Final Fantasy Tactics A2, plus the Warcraft 3 expansion pack The Frozen Throne, and the custom scenarios.

I'm waiting for Starcraft 2 hopefully later this year, plus eventually FF XIII, FF Versus XIII, and FF Agito XIII.
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Still working on completing it. Due to the problems with level grinding, I've slowed down a little bit (the sidequests after you leave Ivalice get annoyingly high leveled: level 65 [and a couple 99] mobs versus my level 40 or so characters). But, I should beat it fairly soon, and then I'll have more to say about it.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

I just want to chime in and confirm that I still hate this game.

Proceed.

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    I just want to chime in and confirm that I still hate this game.

Proceed.
    Care to explain why?

The graphics are definitely a letdown. Well, the sprites, anyway. They're tiny but the game insists on zooming in on them constantly. The environments are very nice.
    The more I play this game, the less I like it. It's like I spend half of my time arguing with my characters to get them to do what I want. Penelo refuses to use Curaga even though it's set to a gambit, Vaan likes to run off ahead and get himself killed faster than I can revive him, and what's-her-face (the new girl) is... pretty much useless. She breaks like glass at the slightest bit of impact.

Speaking of gambits, why is it that in a game where you control 30 characters at the same time, I only get one incredibly basic gambit for each leader? Why do I have to manually cast all but one spell for my black mage? If I don't give him the specific command to use another spell while his gambit spell is recharging, he just sits there shooting pathetic little fire balls.

On top of that, it's repetitive. It's like trance music in video game form. There are lots of different objectives, but they basically all boil down to "Wander through the level swarming everything with your giant mass of ugly-ass monsters." The little variety that IS there usually means you have to protect some npc that's too stupid to know what's good for it. I actually went through a mission earlier today where I had to keep two aegyl warriors alive, but one of them would just fly off ahead of the rest of my party (where the only one with any chance of following him is Llyud, the only flying character I use if I can help it) to take on, like, five monsters by himself. Of course that never works.

Since I don't care about the story, the only reason I can think of to continue is the fact that I spent $40 on this game.
    I did eventually just stop playing it.

I am now at the start of chapter seven, and I absolutely love this game. I am definitly playing this through to the end, and I think it's a wonderful game - very fun, the plot is starting to get really interesting and it's scaringly addictive.
    My personal blog - Awareness and Geekiness.

Zanshaa Docks - a brand new geek forum, up and running!

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i just heard that you can exit a battle, which means that there is a small chance i might actually pick up the game again.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    i just heard that you can exit a battle, which means that there is a small chance i might actually pick up the game again.
    You can. Press start during battle and select exit battle.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Banned
    Blog Entries

I can't wait to get basch and ashe. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Crossblades View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    You can. Press start during battle and select exit battle.
    OMG i never even knew that. I agree with Tabris, I've reached chapter 5 and things are increasingly getting more interesting, the storyline is captivating and the game is terrifyingly addictive.

Oh, mind if I ask what level you are, Tabris?
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.