Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who bought Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings?

Default Who bought Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings?

I bought it today! I also have a strategy guide for it plus a new white Nintendo DS Lite also. I was busy before work so I couldn't pick it up, then I was working and picked it up during my break. I'm done with work and just doing some random errands and will play it in like half an hour.

I've only seen the opening logos, opening movie, and the title screen. They are great!!!

I'll keep you informed throughout the night, it's going to be a long night!

EDIT:
    The game is great!! I'm playing it now and I love it! It was worth the wait and the money for this. I get two days off from school/work to play this game. I feel like getting more DS games now, maybe Zelda?

I like the story in this game! After beating mission 1-4, one foe chases after the party and declares that he will attack them. He accidentally trips and falls down the stairs and gets knocked unconscious!
    Last edited by Dragonsoul; 11-21-2007 at 11:15 AM.
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Is it worth it? I mean, is the story more touching and character developement deeper than in FF XII?

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

I downloaded it, but, unfortunately, I'm not motivated to play it after Chapter 1. I feel like I've been spoiled by FFXII.

I don't have it yet, but I think my husband is going to buy it for me. I'll definitely get it somehow.

Also, Zelda is pretty awesome. :P (You might also like Phoenix Wright, since you seem to be a big story person.)

FF XII: RW is great! Yea it's worth the money to buy it. I;m about 2 hours into it and just about to start Mission 2-4 I think. The only signifigant issue so far is that when you have a group of units do an action(move, attack, harvest, forage), they are deselected! That means you have to press X or Y with your thumb or stylus to continue your actions. Why are they deselected, what's the advantage of this? I love the game!
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

It's due out next year so I'll see about buying it then. I've got far too many books to read at the moment, but I'm definitely looking forward to it. Glad you're enjoying it, Dragonsoul.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

This is a "Christmas List" item for me.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Heath, good, get it when you are ready, it's important to read books also. I try to keep up with book reading myself also. Where are you?

Skyblade, about Christmas gifts, today my Aunt and Uncle asked me if there is a video game I should buy them for Christmas. I mentioned Alundra 1 to them, but later I also mentioned The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, maybe I'll get one of those from them?! Alundra 1 is definetely my next game to play after FF XII: RW, but I don't know what I am going to play after that exactly yet.

I'm 5:03 into the game! I just finished Mission 2-4 and Tomaj's hunts 46 & 47(yea, the first 45 are the FF XII clan hunts) and Melee Battles 2-4. So far the story is "mission based" kinda I guess. You go from mission to mission but there's story in between and movies and you can buy stuff and talk to people and other stuff. So far the sidequests I know of are: Tomaj's hunts(like the clan hunts in FF XII), Melee Battles(basically you go into a level you beat and beat it again for exp/items/equipment and to complete that Melee Battle), and Midlight's Deep dungeon, plus getting bonus items and equipment and espers.

I think this game is going to take a long time!! Maybe 40 hours?! I'm going to complete it 100%. Is there anybody here who completed the Japanese version of the game? How long did it take you and how much sidequests did you do? I really love the choice of music for the save/load game screen! It's the song that plays in FF XII when you warp to the Sochen Cave Palace orange save crystal. That song is not the Sochen Cave Palace song of the Old Archades song but a different song. I just researched to find the name of the song. It's "Time For A Rest" from Final Fantasy XII cd 3 track 16.

I really like the use so far of the Phon Coast song from Final Fantasy XII! I'm really impressed with this game. I'm happy that on the poll on the front page of Rpgamer.com, FF XII: RW beat out Mass Effect, FF XI: Wings of the Goddess, and Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus in the "Thanksgiving rpg releases" poll!

Please don't double post. - Azar
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Dragon, use the edit button at the bottom of your post. Making two posts successively is considered annoying and impolite by many forum goers, and generally creates unwanted clutter.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

So is modwhoring, so you can just warn the post and not comment on it.

I've heard the RTS element of Revenant Wings isn't really implemented too well, mostly due to its portable nature, and that simply rushing you enemy with a lot of units is the most effective way to win most of the time. Still, it sounds pretty fun and looks good, so I'm definitely adding it to the list and hope to play it soon.

So I went to the mall and decided to pick it up. I'm still in the tutorial part of the game so I'm not going to give a definite opinion on it yet, but it seems a little awkward so far. I have to press a button to select all of my units at once to be effective, but I'm right handed like the rest of civilized society. :P I'll probably get used to it.

Yea, post editing doesn't work for me sometimes, and it happens on multiple computers, why? I ended up having to do two posts. Maybe I could delete the first post and make a new post which has the text of both posts?

Anyways, I think this game is gonna be 40 hours, I love it!

It's not a bigtime real time strategy game, but super basic stuff only, and no building. This is a new genre, real time strategy rpg, so there are kinks to work out but this is a high quality game. I enjoy the battle system a lot!
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

After playing it some more I can see why people say it's easier to control your entire team as one giant mass. :P I'm getting used to it and I'm enjoying it more. I'm also happy to see that everyone's profile comes with a little extra blurb. The extras that gave so much depth to the FF XII world are back, and that's a nice bonus.

I doubt it's going to be 40 hours, though. Maybe if you read really slow. :P

I'm doing all the hunts and the melee hours. I think it's almost at 7 hours and the percentage completed it shows is almost 20%, but there may be a few hours for midlight's deep dungeon and some other extra stuff. No way I can be done by 20 hours with this game since I'm doing the extra stuff.

You can control the team at once but more damage can be taken. You have to set up the team properly with the right elements(fire, etc) and melee or ranged or flying. Then you can see a group of enemies and choose to attack with ranged fire units(Salamander) and move that group of units to the front and have them move to them to attack. Once they have a head start on the group have the entire group move in.

The enemy will attack your ranged fire units(Salamander) but they are weak against them and don't do as much damage to them, in the mean time the main group(4 other teams) move in and damage the enemy. It's a good difference.

I'm excited!
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

All I know is I've played it for, like, 6 hours and I'm a quarter of the way through the game. :P (That includes reading the extra stuff and doing the side quests)