Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heavy Metal Fans Rejoice!!!

I love Grim Fandango, and I'd never seen the trailer so thanks Omecle! It's full of great moments, well-presented and very polished, but one thing I noticed about it was how many really surprising plot twists it revealed, which might spoil things for new players. Brutal Legend's trailer shows you what's awesome about the gameplay, but doesn't reveal too much plot.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I read an article about this in GI from October (it was the cover story) and suffice to say I'm pumped. I'll have to check the trailer soonly. I'd love to see it in motion.

Tim Schafer is amazing.

Yeah, the game informer issue was awesome. As usual, when Tim talked about his idea, I was immediately sold. He has such a talent for conveying his enthusiasm and creativity, you can't help but love his next project.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent, Thunder God View Post
    But does Guilty Gear allow you to possess a giant following of heavy metal demons while exploring a vast world and enjoying an exciting story? Brutal Legend does!
    Not a giant following... just individual ones, such as Ky Kiske (he's a DBZ fusion of Joey Wheeler, Seto Kaiba, and Kai Hansen and Michael Kiske of Helloween), Millia Rage, Eddie (Iron Maiden's mascot)... and so forth. Vast world and exciting story? Actually yeah. Sure, it's a fighting game so it's backdrops but the plot is pretty kickass. I'm not doubting this little game of yours, but doubt Guilty Gear in front of me and I'll burn your nipples off with an overheated 360.

Quote Originally Posted by ReloadPsi View Post
    I'm not doubting this little game of yours...
    Little... Little?! I think you forget, this is Tim Schafer, Tim Schafer!

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ReloadPsi View Post
    I'm not doubting this little game of yours...
    Little... Little?! I think you forget, this is Tim Schafer, Tim Schafer!
    QFT.

The only game of his I've played is Psychonauts and I didn't like it very much.

*flees*

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    The only game of his I've played is Psychonauts and I didn't like it very much.

*flees*
    Basing your opinion of a designer on one game is a flawed perception, because unlike many developers who find their niche pumping out similar games, Tim always strives to make the opposite of the previous game. He's been quoted many times saying that. Thus, since Psychonauts was his last game, Brutal Legend will be its opposite. So you'll probably like it, since the reasons you didn't like Psychonauts will be reversed into things you might prefer.