Thread: "Hello, will you take time out of your busy schedule to score a game for me?"

Default "Hello, will you take time out of your busy schedule to score a game for me?"

Simple question: If you had to get a band or composer to make a game soundtrack, specifically somebody not normally involved in either video game music or movie soundtracks, who would it be?

For a fighting game, I'd pick Avenged Sevenfold. The first time I heard one of their songs, the first words in my mind were "Guilty Gear", and every time I hear something of theirs I've not before, I think the same thing. Sure, it'd suck that Matt gets to do very little, but whatever.

For a game with a futuristic setting, I'd get Linkin Park to do it: their first two albums in particular sound like they could be video game soundtracks, especially Session on the Meteora album. Again, the singer's not gonna have much input other than composition ideas.

Tell! Now!
    Last edited by ReloadPsi; 11-22-2007 at 10:58 PM.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If I could get them, it'd be Tool. I don't even care what type of game it is. In fact, I'd make a game tailored to their soundtrack just to have it in there.

Whenever I listen to E.S. Posthumous I think about RPGs, so I guess I'd get them to compose a soundtrack for an RPG. A swords 'n sorcery kind.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Probably the most cliche response possible to this thread, but I really like some of the stuff that The Black Mages have done and if they ever produced some original albums and stuff, I think they'd slot into games nicely for, say, boss battles. No idea who I'd pick for a whole OST though.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

APOCALYPTICA!

Fisheye would've been a nice boss battle theme n.n

Howard Shore. After the gorgeous work he did on Lord of the Rings, I would love to have him score some games.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.