Thread: assistence is vital

red headed monkey dude sir helix's Avatar

Default assistence is vital

i beat the game last week but as the credits were roling i noticed a job that i didnt have. my best freind herd it was called onion knight. so how do i get the 23rd job

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You need Wi-Fi connection to do that.
    Exchange friend codes with a friend and start sending messages to each other via the game's Moogle mail system (via Internet, not just wireless). You can send one message per hour but that can easily be tricked by changing time settings in your DS.
    When you have at least 7-8 messages sent and received (I think the exact number is 6, but you want to be sure), start sending letters to Topapa. After a while, he'll tell you all kids in the village have disappeared and ask you to go investigate.
    When you've talked to him, he'll send you to the altar cave (the very first dungeon in the game), and there you will fight an (easy) boss and save the kids.
    Voila, Onion Knight is yours!
    It's only worth it if you are level 90+ (character level, not job level), so refer to my threads in this section for Capitain Maxx Power's awesome tips on how to level up quick.

all my charecters are level 99

how do u cunnect to wifi

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

First you must have a wireless connection spot available (or a DS Wi-Fi USB key, they don't come cheap though).
    You must run the Wi-Fi configuration from the menu (I can't remember if game menu of DS menu) and configure it. How to do this depends on the kind of connection you have and if you don't know how to, then you should ask to those who set up the router first.
    Then you will use the Moogle mail to connect to the Nintendo Wi-Fi connection (you must choose to send a message to a faraway friend) and by doing so you'll get a Friend Code. Now exchange Friend Codes with a friend and start sending Moogle Mails to each other (you'll only see each other in the Friend List when you both connect at the same time after exchanging Friend Codes.

If you haven't done this I suppose you haven't done the Oricalc quest yet nor the hidden boss.

hey whats sight and gnomish bread for? they both say that they display a detailed map but it wont let me use them

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Probably because you're in a dungeon or a town. They only display world maps, so you must use them outside.