Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Is mario being whored?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent, Thunder God View Post
    The whoring began back in the N64 days, which was one reason I never bought the console.
    It began longer before, my friend. Longer before.

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    Bad plot. :P Most Mario games have good to great gameplay. Who cares about the plot in Mario Golf?
    I agree. Some games don't need a good plot as long as they just have a good gameplay. I wouldn't know if Mario Golf is any good, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentarou View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent, Thunder God View Post
    The whoring began back in the N64 days, which was one reason I never bought the console.
    It began longer before, my friend. Longer before.
    Perhaps you have a point - some of the SNES games struck me as merely overusing Mario as a mere marketing tool like the original Mario Kart. Possibly even before then, in the NES and even Arcade and Atari days, though I haven't played many.

But when a so-called good game like Super Mario 64 feels rushed with very poor controls (it's almost impossible to hit an enemy on the first try) and in my opinion not very entertaining, when that's the first game that's supposed to catapult Mario onto a new console and indeed 3D gaming for the very first time...

That's when it really hits you that Mario's being blatantly overused. At least the majority of Mario games before then are considered classics, or at least pretty good.

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

You think Mario is being whored? Take a look at Final Fantasy 7.

Edit
    No wait, Mario Party 8. I spoke too soon. =/
    placeholder_text.jpeg

I agree about this statement. I like Mario he's my favorite Video Game character of all time,but games like SSX World Tour (correct me if that title name is wrong), a old basket ball game meant for NBA basket ball players were put in. Mario was in it. When those games didn't have Mario in it nobodyn really cared. Now though everyone is trying to get Mario just for the publicity.

Thanks Polaris for the Awesome Avy and Sig!
    Beaten FF I,III,IV,V,VI,VII,VII CC,VII DC, VIII,IX,X,XII,XIII Dissidia Currently on I&X-2