Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: One Console To Rule Them All?

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    If the Gamecube flopped, the Xbox caused a new chernobyl incident. The Gamecube made money for Nintendo. The Xbox lost money for Microsoft. Lots of money.
    Xbox only sold like 10 million more then the Gamecube at most. If I remember it was PS2 120M, Xbox 30M and Gamecube 23M.
    Thanks to Sir Edeon X for signature
    "It's the decisions you make, when you have no time to make them, that define the person you are" - Teh_Masterer

If Gamestop is unreliable, they have no business in the gaming industry. I insist they either become reliable or get out.

But then where would I get my games?

Are you trying to ruin me?

Quote Originally Posted by The Ceej View Post
    If Gamestop is unreliable, they have no business in the gaming industry. I insist they either become reliable or get out.
    I'll let them know.

Hey if it means more people get to play great exclusive games, I'm all for it.

Banned
    Blog Entries

It was one guy stop being so naive.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by f f freak View Post
    God you are all so stupid.
    Woah, that was a bit uncalled for... No need for that. >.>;
    Quite right. F F Freak, it is recommended that you maintain basic civility even in casual discussions; you'll be on your way out of here otherwise.
    Wow. Some people really need to learn to detect sarcasm.

Blog Entries

I apologize. We didn't realize that your sarcastic statement was NOT the following:

Right some guy at Gamestop said it.
    And, in fact, was the following statement:

God you are all so stupid.
    Essentially meaning, it is true because a guy at Gamestop said it, and we are all geniuses for believing that.

As for how much the Gamecube sold when compared to the X-Box, I doubt it was as far as in the millions of difference, but I do know there's some kind of record-keeping site of Video Game sales, but I forget the site name at the moment. Does anyone happen to have the link?

Quote Originally Posted by demondude55 View Post
    It was one guy stop being so naive.
    Hey, I paraphrased the one guy at Gamestop, and then I was told Gamestop is unreliable. I wasn't told that one guy is unreliable. If that were the case, he should be fired. However, if what everyone is saying is true, Gamestop has a history of this kind of crap. Therefore, it is not just one guy. It is the entire company.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hey, let's all cool down children. Don't make me separate you.

And by that I mean you all know we don't tolerate dickish behavior here. Don't do it.

The GameCube didn't flop in the typical sense. It's just been Nintendo's least successful console to date when compared with the NES, SNES and N64. Portables notwithstanding anyway (Virtual Boy...)

(Warning: Long rant about why I don't play next generation consoles ahead. If my views offend you, click here)

The Wii is selling too much and Nintendo allegedly can't keep up with the demand, but personally I don't even think it's very good: The controller simply doesn't work as well as it's supposed to. Take the boxing in Wii Sports for instance: You're supposed to lunge it forward to make your character punch. Okay, fair enough, but sometimes it's too slow and your characte will keep moving his defenses about. Sometimes it's too bloody quick and the game will ignore it! You know how to guarantee a successful punch every time? Make a motion as if you're knocking on someone's front door. I beat every fight in like ten seconds doing that, and I offer this as a tip to anyone playing a Wii game requiring you to "punch" with the remote.

The XBox 360 allegedly overheats like crazy (according to a friend of mine anyways) and Microsoft have spent a ton of money admitting they were all defective (according to several news articles at the time) and needed to be fixed or whatever all that bullskulls was about.

The PS3 had an absolutely horrible launch but appears to be getting to its feet. Nevertheless, I'm gonna spend the rest of my life mocking the Giant Enemy Crab press conference where they all sounded like they'd never played a single video game in their lives (newsflash dumbasses: DOOM had "realtime" weapon switching back in 1993... ever push the number keys?), Sony Defense Force (especially the ones who got tattoos, the retards) and the Cousin Pete viral campaign... one of my friends has a PSP and I regularly accuse him of buying it because Cousin Pete convinced him to ^^

Each of the consoles, however, appears to have gotten past their very poor births; I hear the Red Ring Of Death is a thing of the past (if you shell out extra cash for a cooling system, supposedly), the PS3 finally costs a less ridiculous price and actually has some frickin' games, and the Wii... uh, the Wii's gonna do something I suppose. Nevertheless, 7 has certainly not been a lucky number for this generation (it's the 7th generation for those who didn't know) but now they're all showing genuine promise.

Despite all that, I'm not interested in next generation gaming anymore. It's turned into a total farce, and the fans are as petty as ever (though not as much as when they insisted that the PSX was a 64-bit machine, that really was pathetic), all ripping at each other's throats trying to be more right than one another. This whole immature "only like one console" that's put into their heads when they're younger and play their first console just blossoms (sorry, festers) into adult fanboyism and at times they're more annoying than I was when I was 13 and played Final Fantasy VII for the first time. It's true what they say: Fanboys (and fangirls) ruin everything.

Consolidating all gaming onto a single system is as easy as making PCs easier to use and cheaper to upgrade. The console market has become a big joke, but that's the side effect of having laws that make it mandatory to have competition. So retarded.

P.S. People accuse me of being "jealous", but last time I looked that required a great deal of giving a toss about item in question...
    Last edited by ReloadPsi; 11-24-2007 at 09:40 PM.

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Competition is always healthy. However, I do think that more games should be released on multiple platforms. I think there is a problem in that players aer being forced to shell out hundreds just to get 2+ consoles in order to play all the games they want. This problem would be solved if every game was released on every platform. You could just pick your hardware and be done with it.
    I disagree with that. They could have all th three platforms eventhough I really only want to and keep the industry with with more exclusives because with all the ones we're losing now it's hard to decide which platform to get. I think it would really be better if all the three companies came together to build a single console so get one console that has the power of all three and you can get all the games just for that one console.

Yellow Winged Angel

Whenever there is no competition for a company the industry as a whole creates lower quality products.

Case and point; professional wrestling. Back in the late 90's wrestling was more popular than Jesus., there were 3 major companies competing for viewers and they all put out good broadcasts as a result. But in 2001 the WWF (now known as WWE) bought both WCW and ECW and merged the top 3 companies into one supercompany. Now professional wrestling is the butt of everyone's jokes in the entertainment industry because it lost popularity after WWE realized that they no longer had to compete for viewers and ended up getting lazy in their production values.

If the 3 major consoles merged the same thing would eventually happen. They would experience a big boost at the beginning but eventually Ninsonysoft would start putting out lower quality consoles or possibly stop putting out consoles altogether because they would have no one to compete with.

Competition is essesntial in any industry because it forces companies to constantly create better products.

Which FF Character Are You?

(SPOILER) This Signature STILL contains spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    Whenever there is no competition for a company the industry as a whole creates lower quality products.

Case and point; professional wrestling. Back in the late 90's wrestling was more popular than Jesus., there were 3 major companies competing for viewers and they all put out good broadcasts as a result. But in 2001 the WWF (now known as WWE) bought both WCW and ECW and merged the top 3 companies into one supercompany. Now professional wrestling is the butt of everyone's jokes in the entertainment industry because it lost popularity after WWE realized that they no longer had to compete for viewers and ended up getting lazy in their production values.

If the 3 major consoles merged the same thing would eventually happen. They would experience a big boost at the beginning but eventually Ninsonysoft would start putting out lower quality consoles or possibly stop putting out consoles altogether because they would have no one to compete with.

Competition is essesntial in any industry because it forces companies to constantly create better products.
    YAY Griff!

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by ReloadPsi View Post
    The GameCube didn't flop in the typical sense. It's just been Nintendo's least successful console to date when compared with the NES, SNES and N64. Portables notwithstanding anyway (Virtual Boy...)

(Warning: Long rant about why I don't play next generation consoles ahead. If my views offend you, click here)

The Wii is selling too much and Nintendo allegedly can't keep up with the demand, but personally I don't even think it's very good: The controller simply doesn't work as well as it's supposed to. Take the boxing in Wii Sports for instance: You're supposed to lunge it forward to make your character punch. Okay, fair enough, but sometimes it's too slow and your characte will keep moving his defenses about. Sometimes it's too bloody quick and the game will ignore it! You know how to guarantee a successful punch every time? Make a motion as if you're knocking on someone's front door. I beat every fight in like ten seconds doing that, and I offer this as a tip to anyone playing a Wii game requiring you to "punch" with the remote.

The XBox 360 allegedly overheats like crazy (according to a friend of mine anyways) and Microsoft have spent a ton of money admitting they were all defective (according to several news articles at the time) and needed to be fixed or whatever all that bullskulls was about.

The PS3 had an absolutely horrible launch but appears to be getting to its feet. Nevertheless, I'm gonna spend the rest of my life mocking the Giant Enemy Crab press conference where they all sounded like they'd never played a single video game in their lives (newsflash dumbasses: DOOM had "realtime" weapon switching back in 1993... ever push the number keys?), Sony Defense Force (especially the ones who got tattoos, the retards) and the Cousin Pete viral campaign... one of my friends has a PSP and I regularly accuse him of buying it because Cousin Pete convinced him to ^^

Each of the consoles, however, appears to have gotten past their very poor births; I hear the Red Ring Of Death is a thing of the past (if you shell out extra cash for a cooling system, supposedly), the PS3 finally costs a less ridiculous price and actually has some frickin' games, and the Wii... uh, the Wii's gonna do something I suppose. Nevertheless, 7 has certainly not been a lucky number for this generation (it's the 7th generation for those who didn't know) but now they're all showing genuine promise.

Despite all that, I'm not interested in next generation gaming anymore. It's turned into a total farce, and the fans are as petty as ever (though not as much as when they insisted that the PSX was a 64-bit machine, that really was pathetic), all ripping at each other's throats trying to be more right than one another. This whole immature "only like one console" that's put into their heads when they're younger and play their first console just blossoms (sorry, festers) into adult fanboyism and at times they're more annoying than I was when I was 13 and played Final Fantasy VII for the first time. It's true what they say: Fanboys (and fangirls) ruin everything.

Consolidating all gaming onto a single system is as easy as making PCs easier to use and cheaper to upgrade. The console market has become a big joke, but that's the side effect of having laws that make it mandatory to have competition. So retarded.

P.S. People accuse me of being "jealous", but last time I looked that required a great deal of giving a toss about item in question...
    I was listening to Golbez's theme when I read this. Well said my good man.
    placeholder_text.jpeg