Thread: No one stabs my bus!

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Default No one stabs my bus!

Anyone else want to see Enchanted? It looks like it might be pretty good.

I'll definitely check it out. The bits I've seen of it online have been both hilarious and touching, and I like the way how the movie pokes fun at Disney traditions and yet pays tribute to them at the same time. The soundtrack is wonderful, and both the songs and score are on par with Menken's previous efforts.
    How I met your mother, Donald Duck's parents style! Love at first temper tantrum!

Facebook | Last.fm | LiveJournal | MyAnimeList | tGAWiki

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

When I first saw the trailer, I was sure the movie would definitely flop. I mean, I thought it had "The Princess Diaries" written all over it. However, now I think it might actually turn out to be an entertaining Disney movie. It's a tribute/parody to many Disney princess movies, the acting is supposedly pretty good and the soundtrack by Alan Menken seems good too. It won't be released in Finland until December 21th, though, so I won't be able to see it for a month.

I was quite amazed when I looked at IMDb and Rotten Tomatoes. I mean, I expected IMDb to have a grade of 6.0-6.9 or so, and RT to have a rotten rating. However, so far IMDb has 8.2 (with only 1,038 votes, though) and RT has 93% fresh ("Certified fresh") with 88 reviews.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Eeeeeee! I LOVED this movie.

It was so cute! And funny. And the movie didn't take itself too seriously. It actually played with ideas we have of what it means to be a Disney fairytale and completely goofed around with that premise. I thought it was adorable. Amy Adams did a lovely job as Giselle. Actually, I think if it weren't for the absolutely delightful performances of both Amy Adams as the princess and James Marsden as the Prince, I might have been really bored with the movie. But both of 'em were so charming and lovable, they really made the movie.

Favorite line from the movie:

Prince Edward: Giselle! We shall be married in the morning!

Ahahaha.

I think I might take my little sister and see it. She's still very much into that whole princess sort of thing, and to be honest the movie looks like it's a lot of fun.