Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Overrated weapons/characters/specials in gameplay terms

Double Sword in FFTA - Unlike it's FFT incarnation, Double Sword in FFTA only affects normal attacks, no abilities. So Reflex/Strikeback makes it totally useless, and Reflex is a fairly popular enemy ability. Concentrate is far more useful, since it affects all of your abilities, including status effect abilities.

Geitz in Fire Emblem - General Wallace is far better than Geitz. He can be promoted at 20 (if you play Hard mode), gaining more stats, and you already have two better Warriors: Dorcas and Bartre. Lots of people suggest getting Geitz, but I find Wallace almost always is better. Movement's a little poor, but since he can take on whole armies on his own, I don't really care.
    Last edited by Skyblade; 11-26-2007 at 02:03 AM.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent, Thunder God View Post
    The Brute Shot in the Halo series, or the "Grape Shooter" as me and my friends have come to call it. Incredibly powerful in single player (literally a 1-2 shot KO) it is severely downgraded in multiplayer, for pointless reasons only known to Bungie. I've literally expended about 20 grenades trying to take out a friend, while he just shoots me down with rapid-fire or whips out a shotgun to be done with it. Why Bungie, why?
    True in Halo 2. Untrue in Halo 3, where it is actually a useful weapon in multiplayer.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Works well enough for me when I use it the same way you use a Mauler, run up, blast+melee = dead, only the Brute shot is useful from long range too.

Abandon All Hope Fatal Impurity's Avatar

Gravity Hammer in Halo 3

I mean seriously that thing is incredibly stupidly overpowered in the fact that even on the slightest chance it doesnt kill you then you will most likely end up 20 feet outside the level falling to your death.

But then comes its weakness...range.

Anyone with a weapon with the range of an Assault Rifle or higher can destroy a hammer user.

Problem is these Hammer users are crafty bastards and seem to be hiding/camping (possibly even with a powerup making your chances of survival ZERO) behind every possible corner just like mauler users...

BUNGIE MAKE HALO FUN AGAIN!

Quote Originally Posted by Behold the Void View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rengori View Post
    I found Flonne to be a useless character in battle in Disgaea. She can heal and stuff, but healers are much better for that.
    Not to mention (SPOILER)she can't fight in the last battle.

Ideally, you'll have Flonne tutor a caster and learn every spell in the game. I think her base statlines are higher so she'll overall be better than a normal caster at that kind of hting.
    In the time you can have her learn all of those spells you could probably put a few levels on those mages.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent, Thunder God View Post
    The Brute Shot in the Halo series, or the "Grape Shooter" as me and my friends have come to call it. Incredibly powerful in single player (literally a 1-2 shot KO) it is severely downgraded in multiplayer, for pointless reasons only known to Bungie. I've literally expended about 20 grenades trying to take out a friend, while he just shoots me down with rapid-fire or whips out a shotgun to be done with it. Why Bungie, why?
    What? God how do you shot it? I crush people before they even know what's coming with that thing.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Seven Warriors and One Healer in Guild Wars.

Blog Entries

No no, 4 assassins and 1 monk. that was horrid. I think we had a necro ele and war with us. I had the worst time healing, thank god I was using my healers boon spam heal party.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Yah! I love that l33t >_<!

But seriously, Warriors are the worst thing in GW anyway.

Okay, I'll stop talking about GW and think of something I think is over-whatsa.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsu View Post
    The AWP in CS. Any good CS player knows what I'm talking about. Anyone who tries to defend it is a noob.
    The AWP is too overpowered though. It should be like 2 shots to kill not 1.
    Thanks to Sir Edeon X for signature
    "It's the decisions you make, when you have no time to make them, that define the person you are" - Teh_Masterer

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    No no, 4 assassins and 1 monk. that was horrid. I think we had a necro ele and war with us. I had the worst time healing, thank god I was using my healers boon spam heal party.
    Never heard of a monk that could heal 4 Assassins. I mean, considering the fact that you can take out at least two of them in the first roll, it's barely a problem.

PS: I play a Assassin myself.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Lyn from Fire Emblem "The Blazing Sword" (Fire Emblem in the U.S)
    She starts the game out really good, but by the end of the game she's no where near as good as some of the other characters I leveled up. (Wil, Erk, Pricilla, Louise, Pent, Hector, Eliwood, Hawkeye, Marcus, Oswin, my favorite character being Erk). Not saying Lyn was entirely useless, I mean, I was happy when I heard she is going to appear in Super Smash Bros. Brawl as an assist trophy.
    Returners Represent!

I always thought Sonic sucks and doesn't deserve his fame. By the time they got to Sonic Advance, he had so many sidekicks that he was useless rubbish and the game should have just been called Cream. Then again, I think Sonic represents the way the game is "supposed" to be played, and all his furry friends are given extra abilities to make it easier for those that need it. Except that pink one with the hammer, she licks testicles.

Blog Entries

Cloud -

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by LunarWeaver View Post
    I always thought Sonic sucks and doesn't deserve his fame. By the time they got to Sonic Advance, he had so many sidekicks that he was useless rubbish and the game should have just been called Cream. Then again, I think Sonic represents the way the game is "supposed" to be played, and all his furry friends are given extra abilities to make it easier for those that need it. Except that pink one with the hammer, she licks testicles.
    WHAT

Sonic is AWESOME and curb stomps that greasy communist from the Nintendo camp.