Thread: FF VIII's Previous Composi<b></b>tion of "Don't be Afraid", the battle theme

Default FF VIII's Previous Composition of "Don't be Afraid", the battle theme

I don't remeber where or when I got this great piece of FF VIII's battle theme, but... it's not the one that appears on the actual game, and I KNOW that this music I have IS from FF VIII because of the sound effects like the attacks of Squall's gunblade or the command Recover and others, maybe this was the first composition Nobuo had made for the battle theme of FF VIII, so I wanna how it happened and why he changed it, it is cool, it starts like the original FF Battle themes, like FF, 2,3,4,5,6, and 9. And from what I remember I HAD FF X's original composition battle theme's too, but I lost it, and I now I want to have it. Does anybody know of these two battle theme were never released? Or were they? I have one, so if you want to hear it, just send me a message and I'll share it with you. And this music has a small remsemblance of FF: Mystic Quest's battle theme, only MQ's battle theme doesn't start like all the others.
    Last edited by Alaxas16; 11-25-2007 at 06:28 PM.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Threads about music goes in the Video Game Music forum, or if it's just music from one specific FF game, you can also post the thread in its respective forum. I see you're mentioning several FF games here, so I'll move it to the video game music forum.

Default Thanks

Ok, thanks, is just that I'm new here. hehe

Blog Entries

It would be good if you had a link to the song or something because at the moment i have no idea what your talking about
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

I've heard it before! It has the exact same bass intro as the first six FF battle themes and was incorrectly spread around the net as "FFX Battle Theme" to confuse people, despite the obvious presence of FF8 sound effects. It only ran for about forty five seconds then cut out, but a full version was available somehow as well.

Man I wish I knew where to find it!

I remember hearing this on youtube.

Default Yes

Yes, mine runs for 1 minute and 34 seconds, enough to hear a whole battle through, and frankly, I've had it for like 4 to 5 years, and now I don't remember where I got, how I found it, and now I can't even do research on this great musical piece of battle theme on the internet. Somewhat you say, this song was mistaken for FF X's battle theme, but no, I remember there being another composed battle theme, that it was not FF VIII, It really was FF X's battle theme, I'm sure, and I lost it. I don't know if I can pass this here, but if someone wants to know, send me their e-mail address so I can share it.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Composition doesn't have an "h" in it :p

What signature?
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Oops, I didn't know I wrote an "h" in composition, that happens when I write too fast. So that's why the thread has that strange letters in between, huh?, thanks.

Dude, what are you waiting for? Upload it so everyone can hear what the heck you're on about (and so I can have a copy )

Oooh, ok, upload, yeah, I knew that, ehehe... (Now where is that upload thingy?)

I'm sorry, I'll have to do it later on, cuz I gtg, k?

Articles
    Blog Entries

dammit, where's the link at!? use zshare or yousendit, man...