Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891323 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia - Pokemon Edition (Question for next round. Please answer!)

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Playing monopoly straight BLOWS! No one plays by the original rules because they suck! Who the hell plays with free parking being a space where nothing happens? I don't put $500 bones in there but I do put all the penalty money there. That is just one of many made up rules for monopoly to make it more playable and fun.

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

First of all stealing Monopoly bank money is cheating. Having the option to PM each other, to trick each other and interact based solely on Mafia persona with everyone, moderators of the game included, knowing that this is going on is hardly the same thing. I wasn't going to post in this thread again, but how are you equating stealing money from the Monopoly bank with being able to PM each other on Mafia characters while in Mafia roles?

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dude. The free parking pot is one of the most WIDELY held rules in Monopoly, even if they may not be in the rule books. Pretty much everyone plays it that way. Just like how the "no outside discussion" rule is one of the most WIDELY held rules in Mafia (online or otherwise). So yeah, both rules are there to make the game more interesting and fun.

You seem so hell bent on thinking that this version (the widely held, most popular way to play the game) is gonna suck without ever having tried it. I've looked over a bunch of online versions of this game from various forums and all of them have the limited discussion rule and all the players still seem to have a lot of fun.

So chill out. Try it this way. If you're so stuck on thinking there's only one fun way to play this game, then you're probably not gonna have any fun at all. Self-fulfilling prophesy and all that junk.

EDIT: Del Murder and I went over the game configuration to try and make sure that it'll be a fun interesting game, and we're not even asking that much. Just try it this way and see how it goes. And you know, as people hosting the game, it's totally uncool to us that people are saying that this is the un-fun way to play the game, or that this round is gonna suck, or whatever before the game even begins and the players even give it a TRY. Gosh. *shakes head*

I already said I was joining just to spite you two so there.

I play with loans and foreclouser in monopoly to a life like scale as well to make it more interesting and fun. Real monopoly sucks on every level. Don't even try to say because a rule is widely used it is more fun. That is wrong so many times which is why I don't put $500 in free parking automatically.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm going to kick you in the face just to spite you.

How about that? xD

The only reason why we added the new rule was to make the game more interesting. If you're all about changing things up to make things interesting, I don't understand why you're fighting this so hard. Just go with the flow, man. ^_^

Because I view this as a step in the wrong direction. You have failed to make me see how this would be more interesting or life like. Changing things up is good...but only when there is the outside chance that it could make things more interesting. By restricting how we converse and plot, you take away a fun, secret filled element from the game. And we all know secrets are fun!

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

XD I like monopoly, but it takes sooo long to play. I always liked the thimble. Oh wait, this isn't a monopoly discussion thread ...Completely. ....Yet.

In all seriousness, I am just giving suggestions on what I think can improve the game and have given reasons to back up my suggestions. It was clear from early on that the suggestions wouldn't be taken and that you guys wanted to try it a set way, which is well within your right. I'm not going to argue pointlessly about it, but I do want to make clear that the rules I (and I think other people) am proposing should in no way be equated with cheating. It just seems that ever since the last Mafia game, you've been extremely bitter about the way the game played out and on a short fuse with differing opinions.

Anyway, I don't aim to be insulting. I'm sure playing the game this way can be fun, regardless of whether I believe playing it a different way can only add even more fun.

P.S. Steve and I are not teaming up against you XD We are each presenting our own points! :mog:

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hey, you wanna know why you haven't seen how this way could be more interesting?

Cause the game hasn't started yet!!!!

What part of "give this a try" don't you understand? *kick*

Edit: Jojee, I'm not bitter about anything. Seriously. Maybe I should use more smilies? In my head, the tone of all my posts are pretty nonchalant but I guess it doesn't come out that way. Here: Even without the smilies, I'm not really sure how you're getting "extremely bitter" and "short fuse" when all I've really said in this thread is: Lets try it this way and see if it works out and if it doesn't we'll go back to the other way.

So yeah. I really do think that Del Murder and I have been really reasonable in our request. Super duper reasonable in fact.

Also, the post before the edit was meant in a joking way. I don't actually wanna kick anyone. Especially not in the face. I suppose I should add smilies to that kick post too...

But I hate overloading posts with smilies.

I don't take any of this too seriously, and I don't think anyone else should either. I don't think Del and I need to "defend" anything cause for serious, guys. This round is gonna last like a few days at most. It's just for fun. And like we've said, we're gonna give it a shot, see how it works out, try and have some fun. All we're asking is y'all just jump on the ride and go with it. At the very least, wait until AFTER the game has started to make comments about the gameplay/rules/etc. xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD ^_^_^_^

The part where I like to endlessly bicker and fight about the most pointless things ever XD

I seriously got into one of these 'fights' with my brother about whether water is inherently dirty XD

Also, it seems like you can't defend your stance that this makes the game more fun other than it is a popular rule and to try it out. Neither of which are convincing at all. I claim victory over our petty squabble!

*starts the ticker-tape parade*

Thank you...thank you one and all XD *jerks around some more*

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm
    Why would I want to tell everyone everything I am thinking? I don't think I would do that unless I talk with those I trust first.
    That's part of the challenge, figuring out what to share with the class and what to keep to yourself.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Miriel: Just think of how I come across in the "Who should be the next CK?" threads - that's how you come across. I still don't know how to avoid this, it's a curse. I don't think smilies fix it, either. =/ Now I have someone I can relate to, at least.

I agree that the game should at least be given a shot, I personally just don't really have the desire to play with them. The only reason I played last time was so I could find out exactly what was happening outside the thread, while this time I can go back to being a spectator, because being neutral in every way is fun. I hope that I won't be banned from posting as a spectator, though. Is that the case?

Also, out of curiosity, how in the world would it be possible for you guys to even know if people are discussing the game outside of the thread? o_o I mean, I know you can say "We just hope people will respect the rules" and all... but discussing outside of the thread at all, even if you don't reveal your roles or anything? It's fun to chat with people from EoFF about things you're both involved with at EoFF. I'm sure you two will! But yeah, how can this even be enforced?
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

You'll have to trust us

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Also, out of curiosity, how in the world would it be possible for you guys to even know if people are discussing the game outside of the thread?
    If anyone PM's me I'll tell the teacher right away. The less people in the game the better for me!

Communication can be hard when we don't even know who's playing this time, as sign up is anonymous through PM. You can probably tell from this thread at least some of the ones who's entered, but my point was that at least it makes it a bit harder to communicate. But when it all comes down to it the players will have to be trusted to follow the rules, the game isn't any fun if you cheat anyway. I'm sure there are ways to cheat in the ciddies too, but people don't do it because it's lame.

and join the game, you eel.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

But what about actually just discussing the game, saying what you think with other people, without actually revealing who you are?
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Outside the thread? that would be outside discussion. Besides, everyone and their dog knew you were Peter Pan last game.