Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Official "What the hell game was THAT?" thread

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by scrumpleberry View Post
    There was one I played for the SNES that was like a bubble bobble game, but one of the ones where you shoot bubbles in rows to make them pop, and there were storylines, and there was a fairy character called Cleon and I think a male mermaid who looked very gay, and an ice princess or something. Oh, and there was the dinosaur from bubble bobble.

It was great fun.
    Bust-a-Move 4, to be precise. But if it weren't for the dinosaur, I could say it was one of the Magical Drop games, which were awfully cute.

I solved most of the mysteries from my gaming childhood, especially Rod Land and Mustache Boy. I have to find an emulator that plays Mustache Boy decently though

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by LunarWeaver View Post
    There was this side-scroller snes game about some girl...she was like a sorceress chick. And she had these pet entity things she could choose and they fitted her with different powers. All I remember was my favie being lightning and the way it changed colors the stronger it got. The strongest turned red I believe. RED LIKE BLOOD. I miss that game
    Was gonna say it could be Alisia Dragoon but that was on the Mega Drive. So unless you have the system wrong I can't help you ;_;

Evastio: The only game I know of like Balloon Fight is Joust.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I played a Game Gear game once that was a bit like Fire Emblem where you'd have different medieval, fantasy RPG characters who'd battle across a plain against others and you had to beat them to win the level. I was far too young to understand it at the time, but when I think about it, I think I'd quite enjoy it now that I could understand it xD
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

There're two games I wish for the life of me I could remember, I've tried looking through lists of games and just can't find them.

Both are scrolling shooters of a sort, one for NES the other for SNES

I don't remember a whole lot about the NES game except it was very hard, and a lot of was spent underground, oh and that it was sidescrolling, it seems distinct in my mind from most other shooters

The SNES game I would like to remember even more. It was a rail shooter, the ship would travel into the screen until the boss fight, it would then stop until the fight was over. The ship could move up down left and right...I remember some of the levels. The 2nd(or 3rd) level was full of plants, there was a high-technology level, typical shooter levels really. Every few levels the ship would be upgraded but I don't remember what you gained from the upgrades, if anything.

There's another game I remember playing with my uncle but I don't even know what system it was on (either NES or Genesis I think, those are the systems he had). I think it involved a kid, typical sidescrolling platforming fair, but it was possible to get power ups to turn into a large muscle-bound man which lasted a predetermined amount of time then you reverted to the kid. I loved that game.

Blog Entries

Ah, I know one I bet no one will know.

First off, it was definitely a game based off of YuYu Hakusho, or however one goes about spelling and saying that. The one where the guy dies and is given the chance to live again. Anyway, it was turn based I think, and your character had a little power bar he could use for his attacks. ABX and Y all did different attacks, and used different amounts of power. One side showed you one character, the other side showed your opponent, and sometimes, using certain moves changed the background. It was for the Super Famicom.

Another game was a Dragon Ball Z Card Game, for the Original Famicom. It took place during the Freeza Saga, and depending on how many stars was on the card from your deck that you chose, you'd move a different amount of stages. It followed the story pretty much exactly, but going to the fake Namek was optional. Using different starred cards in battle altered your attack, and decided the winner. Sometimes your character would deflect attacks, block, or teleport out of the way. It was fun.

Okay, done with generic anime games no one will know. Now some that I can't remember the names of with names I could read. :3

Firstly, there was this one game where you played as a top, and it took on an isometric view-point. I think you had to get to the goal without running into anything, but my memory is foggy. I think it was for the SNES.

Also, there was a Mario-Kartish game, and on the title screen, there was a hill-billy like character. This game was one of the few SNES games that allowed 4-Player Play, if I remember right, with the usage of a cool thing-a-ma-jigger.

One I really want to remember the name of is a shooter game for the SNES where all the stages look like some kind of CG Image, but the things coming at you are sprited. You could change your guy into a jet for a short period of time, which made it so that you could fly, rather than jump. It took on an Anime-ish style, so I think it may have been Japan only. I'm not sure.

Also, one really coolio game I want to know the name of was an extremely Zelda-ish game for the NES. You played the role as some girl in white, but you could change the color of her at the beginning if you desired to do so. Button A was set to a weapon, and Button B was always some kind of sub-item. There was a single cottage you could go to to record your level-ups and experience points earned, and also heal up in the bed. It was made by Namco, at least, and Sophitias extra costume in Soul Calibur 2 is no doubt based off of the main character of this game.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Evastio: The only game I know of like Balloon Fight is Joust.
    That's not it. The main character of the game was Alice or something and the story has her looking for her brother. It was made by Nintendo and was really similar to Balloon Fight.

Blog Entries

There's another game I remember playing with my uncle but I don't even know what system it was on (either NES or Genesis I think, those are the systems he had). I think it involved a kid, typical sidescrolling platforming fair, but it was possible to get power ups to turn into a large muscle-bound man which lasted a predetermined amount of time then you reverted to the kid. I loved that game.
    Sounds a lot like Kid Chameleon on Genesis to me. I haven't played it in a while so I don't remember if there was a bulk-up powerup or not.

@ Kentarou:

That Yu Yu Hakusho game you mentioned is Yu Yu Hakusho: Tokubetsuhen for Super Famicom. The other YYH games on SFAM were straight-up fighting games.
    Xenogears is the tragic story of how your whole life can take a crappy turn, just because you happened to see a lady in a wedding dress before her wedding.

This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broken down
    This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broke down

Quote Originally Posted by Kentarou View Post
    Another game was a Dragon Ball Z Card Game, for the Original Famicom. It took place during the Freeza Saga, and depending on how many stars was on the card from your deck that you chose, you'd move a different amount of stages. It followed the story pretty much exactly, but going to the fake Namek was optional. Using different starred cards in battle altered your attack, and decided the winner. Sometimes your character would deflect attacks, block, or teleport out of the way. It was fun.
    There were a bunch of DBZ games like that, but I think the one you're referring to is Dragon Ball Z - Gekishin Freeza. I think. :P
    Also, one really coolio game I want to know the name of was an extremely Zelda-ish game for the NES. You played the role as some girl in white, but you could change the color of her at the beginning if you desired to do so. Button A was set to a weapon, and Button B was always some kind of sub-item. There was a single cottage you could go to to record your level-ups and experience points earned, and also heal up in the bed. It was made by Namco, at least, and Sophitias extra costume in Soul Calibur 2 is no doubt based off of the main character of this game.
    That would be Valkyrie's Legend or Legend of the Valkyrie (depending on how you want to translate it :P). I'm assuming you mean Cassandra's 3rd costume and not Sophitia's, though. Sophie doesn't have one in that game. :P

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    That would be Valkyrie's Legend or Legend of the Valkyrie (depending on how you want to translate it :P). I'm assuming you mean Cassandra's 3rd costume and not Sophitia's, though. Sophie doesn't have one in that game. :P
    I do mean Sophitia. Cassandra's 3rd costume was green, red, and white, and she had a viking's helmet. Sophitia's, however, had brown hair, a tiara, and a white skirt. Sophitia's other two costumes were her Soul Calibur 1 look, and a dress which covered one leg, if I remember right.

Thanks for the name, though. :3