Thread: job combo question

Default job combo question

this is my first time through ffv. i've read about people combining more than 2 jobs, or abilities being carried over after mastering. it doesn't seem to work for me. (i'm playing the super nes version on an emulator) how many abilities/jobs can a character have? thanks.

You technically don't combine jobs. You give a job an ability learned from another job. What you do is gain some job levels with one job. That learns you some abilities that you can carry over to use in another job.

For example, you can make Bartz a white mage. When he reaches the second job level, you can make him a Knight, and put !White on his ablility. Now he's Knight that can use up to level 2 white magic. When you master certain jobs, their stats carry over to Bare and Mime, classes which allow for multiple abilities. I hope this was clear enough. If not, I'm sure someone will come in and clarify.

ahhhh, i see. i didn't know you had to be 'bare'. thanks friend. (i just mastered ninja )

You don't have to be Bare to use a learned ability. If you're Bare, you get the stats of every mastered ability and can use two (three?) abilities rather than one. This makes up for the fact that you don't have a default ability with the class.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Bare class has two free ability slots, along with Fight and Item, and the Mimic class has three free ability slots, along with Mimic.

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

After mastering a ninja, make that character a bare class. They can now use 2-swords without actually equiping the ability in one of the slots.

A bare class gains auto abilities from other jobs once they are mastered.

If you master a Monk, your bare class will get auto counter-attack.
    If you master a sorcerer, your bare class will get auto magic barrier
    If you master a Knight, your bare class will get auto cover

Mastering several jobs will make a bare class a GOD class! They get all these auto abilities and stats of your mastered classes and can equip everything while adding TWO abilities instead of just one which allows for awesome ability combinations...

Try Bare class with auto 2-swords, Sshot and Time6 (quick) 16 attacks in one turn. Try a party set up like that.... 64 attacks in one turn!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes