Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are there video games in Africa?

Umm... I don't think the African middle-class is buying games though. I know from experience that the East European lower/middle-class certainly doesn't.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Lol, is this a serious question or what?
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Lol, is this a serious question or what?
    I doubt it. *bans*

Blog Entries

Well, in my Global Connections class and my American History class, we've only referred to Africa when it comes to slavery and so such thus far, so I'm willing to bet that if I didn't realize Africa had places like the picture shown earlier, I'm willing to bet not many people who took the same classes as me realize it either. Or, maybe I'm just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentarou View Post
    Well, in my Global Connections class and my American History class, we've only referred to Africa when it comes to slavery and so such thus far, so I'm willing to bet that if I didn't realize Africa had places like the picture shown earlier, I'm willing to bet not many people who took the same classes as me realize it either. Or, maybe I'm just stupid.
    Most of Africa looks nothing like it though. You've got a couple of tourist areas, which of course do look very good, a couple of rich families and South Africa; the rest you've heard about.

Quote Originally Posted by Discord View Post
    I'm sure there are at least two, thus making it a yes, there are video games in Africa. Next question!

If you don't mind me asking, why on smurf's name would you want to know? Excuse the expression.
    I want to know because I know that there are video game in North and South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia, and I wondered if there are video games in Africa as well.
    Is that your final answer?

Blog Entries

Of course there are video games in Africa. The whole continent isn't poverty striken, in fact the vast majority isn't. Ever heard of South Africa?

there was a picture here

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMillionaire View Post
    I'm sure there are at least two, thus making it a yes, there are video games in Africa. Next question!

If you don't mind me asking, why on smurf's name would you want to know? Excuse the expression.
    I want to know because I know that there are video game in North and South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia, and I wondered if there are video games in Africa as well.
    Ehhh... I don't want to insult anybody (maybe just a tiny little bit), but you do know that what you've just said sounds like an extract from a book written for a 6-year-old?

Are there any commercial games being made in Africa would be a much more interesting question though. Doubt it. =/

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Are there any commercial games being made in Africa would be a much more interesting question though. Doubt it. =/
    There are.

Edit: I think this video almost makes it pretty clear that Africa is not uniformly an impoverished tribal backwater.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    Im sure in some parts but I'd say the majority of the country doesnt. A shame really.
    hmmm!
    'All things are subject to interpretation; whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.' - Nietzsche

Okay there are. I was thinking South Africa, yes, maybe, but what about the rest of the continent?

Thank you very much. Now I would like to know the African video game rating system...
    Is that your final answer?

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

No. Africa only has AIDS.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMillionaire View Post
    Okay there are. I was thinking South Africa, yes, maybe, but what about the rest of the continent?

Thank you very much. Now I would like to know the African video game rating system...
    Depends on the country and how the imports work. I'd bet half of them just use CERO, PEGI, or ESRB stuff though. Easier than making your own crap up.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

*warning, this comment is stupid and insulting*

maybe a game called: "catch the canned food"
    with a follow-up: "finding the can-opener: the new adventure"

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatefinalfantasyfan View Post
    *warning, this comment is stupid and insulting*

maybe a game called: "catch the canned food"
    with a follow-up: "finding the can-opener: the new adventure"
    That was; stupid, rude and insulting...:rolleyes2
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.