FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Music that Makes You Wanna Cry ; ;

I was listening to Coldplay and their songs are just so purdy ; ;

...also some Incubus and The Fray!

Eric Clapton - Tears in Heaven is about the death of his son, so that's a tearjerker. So is the Across the Universe version of (SPOILER)Let it Be because it starts off being sung by a little boy in the middle of a race riot (When I find myself in times of trouble, mother Mary comes to me, speaking words of wisdom, let it be, etc.) and after the first verse it's taken over by a gospel singer, and it cuts to the boy's funeral. In one of the two soundtrack versions (I think it's the version on the one-disc soundtrack, not the two-disc version) the ending is sung by the boy. Kind of a farewell. It's very well done. It's a bit oversung for a song you'd just listen to (unless you're into gospel music) but in the context of the movie, it's absolutely heartbreaking.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Yesterday and Blackbird, which, at least for me, balance so perfectly on a line of being horribly depressing and incredibly uplifting that I don't even know if it makes any sense, but I can't describe it any better.

Antony and the Johnsons! Especially "Cripple and the Starfish" - that song is just so damn beautiful and so so so sad. "Man is the Baby" is also amazingly beautiful and sad - everything they make is that way, literally. Antony Hegarty is God!

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Feist.

Oh wait, you mean emotional crying? Scratch that answer then. I'm not sure anything has ever really moved me to tears, or made me feel truly sad. I'd say some Uematsu stuff has probably come as close as anything ever will. Aria De Mezzo Carattere is one I can think of off the top of my head. Such a beautiful song.

Doesnt make me cry but The Fields Of Athenry always makes me emotional as does Green Fields of France
    'All things are subject to interpretation; whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.' - Nietzsche

Hallelujah. Jeff Buckley.
    Yeah, Green Fields of France gets me pretty lumpy in the throat. By The Dropkick Murphy's (my version).
    And strangely -- I find Sufjan Stevens' Casimir Pulaski Day one of the saddest things ever; especially when he sings, "crying in the bathroom". etc. Great stuff.
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

"Ave Maria" sung by any good Tenor gets to me. I'm really just a sucker for any good opera music.

For pop music, "In My Life" by The Beatles activates the waterworks since it was one of my father's favorite songs and the one we played at his funeral.

"Bell Bottom Blues" really affects me as well. Especially the chorus. I'll probably ask to have that played at my own funeral.
    What I've been listening to:

O Captain! My Captain! Spawn of Sephiroth's Avatar

Never too Late by 3 Days Grace chokes me up every time I hear it.

Loki: I have an army.
    Stark: We have a HULK!

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

How to Disappear Completely and Motion Picture Soundtrack by Radiohead are both very moving songs when I feel sad. Also Untitled 1 by Sigur Ros, especially when accompanied by its video.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Blog Entries

SOULJA BOI UP IN IT OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH WATCH ME CRANK IT WATCH ME ROOOOOOOOOOOOOLL WATCH ME CRANK DAT SOULJA BOI THAT SUPERMAN DAT OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH

there was a picture here

Banned
    Blog Entries

Anything by britney spears.

ballsballsballs of steel Jimsour's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blim View Post
    Doesnt make me cry but The Fields Of Athenry always makes me emotional as does Green Fields of France
    fields of athenry is a tune.

old skibbereen is a song i can barely handle, love it to bits.
    YouTube - Bob n Along " Dear old Skibbereen." Irish/famine rebel song
    I'm a big fan of the Mars Bar Diet; You don't eat the Mars bar, you stick it up your arse and let a rottweiler chase you home.

There are quite a few soundtracks and albums that are like that, but here's three I'm particularly fond of.

The Land Before Time OST by James Horner is definitely some of the most beautiful music I've ever heard, and I'm on the verge of tears whenever I listen to it thanks to the associations I have to the film it accompanies. The choral bits are tragic and yet beautiful, and orchestra swells into enourmous and yet surprisingly tender proportions as it conveys various emotions through the use of various magnificent themes.

Wolf's Rain OSTs by Yoko Kanno etc. are quite heartbreaking as well. Just listening to tracks like Shiro, Gravity or Tell Me What the Rain Knows takes one through various emotions, the orchestrations are lush and beautiful and the singers do a great job.
    How I met your mother, Donald Duck's parents style! Love at first temper tantrum!

Facebook | Last.fm | LiveJournal | MyAnimeList | tGAWiki

I don't usually listen to depressing music. Aeris' theme still makes me a little sad, but I listen to it because it's a good piece of music, not to have an excuse to become upset.