Thread: FF XII: RW - Please help me to get my Espers to show up in battle!

Default FF XII: RW - Please help me to get my Espers to show up in battle!

Before a battle there is an Esper setup screen and you can also choose the leaders. I choose the Espers that I want to use. Then when I go into battle they don't show up.

I choose five different Espers for example:
    Gnoam(Flying, Earth, Rank I)
    Shivan(Ranged, Water, Rank I)
    Cuchulainn(Melee, Water, Rank II)
    Golem(Melee, Earth, Rank II)
    Ultima(Ranged, Healing, Rank III)

Also, for my leaders I have Flying, Ranged, Melee, Melee, Ranged. When I go to the battle and the Espers get summoned at the start they do not match! Ultima doesn't show up on the screen and since there are no summoning gates I can't get her! Also, sometimes both people get the same Esper. For example maybe two people get Cuchulainn and nobody gets Golem. Also, people can get mixed Espers. For example I could have two people that each have a Gnoam and a Shivan. I want each of the five persons to have the Espers I've selected.

I don't understand how to get the Espers to show up properly at the start of the battle. If there is a summoning gate in the battle I can dismiss all my espers and resummon all of them but if there is no summoning gate I can't do anything.

Please help me with this issue!!
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Your starting espers go by what your types of characters are. Melee characters get melee espers, flying get flying, healing get healing, etc. I believe a character will get the highest level esper that matches their type. For example, if you have a level 2 melee and a level 1 melee esper selected, I think your melee character will get the level 2 one. If you have two melee characters, I think they'll get each get one of the level 2s and one of the level 1s.

As for level 3s, I don't think you CAN use those unless there is a summoning gate.

Thank! My esper types(ranged, etc) matched my Leader types but they didn't match up. Now you tell me that I can only get a Rank III Esper if there is a summoning gate, they must be summoned and cannot appear at the start of the battle.

I'm going to try summoning only Rank I and Rank II Espers that match my Leader types(ranged, etc) and see if they match up. I don't remember if they did before. Let me check.

P.S. I just completed Mission 7-1! The end of Chapter 6 was pretty insane!!!

Is anybody else playing this game right now?! Where are you in the game! Is there anybody here farther along in the game than I am??? Please reply!
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Stuck in Lemures but that is because my menus are in japanese
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

What do you mean? What is the last mission you have done? I have a strategy guide, I can tell you what to do next. There are strategy guides on GameFAQ's already probably.
    Last edited by Dragonsoul; 11-29-2007 at 09:12 AM.
    *Last Update 7-25-2008