Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Mafia forum

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Welcome to the Mafia forum

You guys can use this forum to discuss, strategize, etc.

Don't worry, only you three and Del Murder and I can see this forum. We checked it all out and it's all good and secure.

An important thing though, make sure your Pokemon accounts are set to INVISIBLE. This way, any other person looking through the Who's Online won't see you doing anything suspicious like viewing a random unknown forum.

Each night, figure out who you want to kill and once you've decided, create a new thread with the title, Kill: _______ (fill in the blank with the name of your hit, obviously ).

Goodluck!

Alright. Headquarters! I'm ready when you guys are.

I have School for the next 7 and a half hours after that I'll be ready with the weekend

Okay. Just throwing this out there. Let's get some ideas moving around in here.

Depending on who the sorry saps for citizens vote for in the first round, I think we should all vote for different people in the first one unless that seems too obvious.

Another strategy would be to have you one of us vote for each other to cover it up so that at most one of us gets taken down at a time. That might be better off saved for later, though. Thoughts?

I've formulated a few ideas.

Roles. If we all act the same, and have the same opinions we might find ourselves in some trouble. Thats why we could all make pretend persona's. 1 of us will be the finger pointing loudmouth. He'll make accusations here and there, and eventually be disregarded by the others as credible. Which could be useful later on perhaps we could have him even point at one of us, and having such a bad track record that would make us look better. Another of us could be a follow, usually picking one person to agree with, doesn't look too suspicious. The last will be important. He'll be a last minute contributor, this person will hopefully tip the scales away from us and to a townsperson/opponent.

I agree with those ideas. I think this will be hard to pull off the first round, though, so maybe we should lay low-profile for at least the first round (not pointing any blatant fingers). As soon as a person is noticed and locked-on by the citizens, they get torn apart quickly. Having one of us ousted in the first round or two isn't going to be good.

Edit: Who's most widely accepted as a worthless Pokemon? I don't know a whole lot about them.
    Last edited by [M] Gaius; 11-30-2007 at 09:23 PM.

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think Sandshrew and I should try to get involved, and Ditto can sort of try to pick fights and become not so populer etc.

I'm fine with that if Sandshrew is fine with it. Let's stay in agreement before we go doing things haphazardly.

Blog Entries

To tell you the truth I don't think the persona bit is too important because any random person with any persona could have been picked for anything. We might even have the most bitter EoFF nominees as townies for all we know...

I think we should until we actually are in positions where people can be threats against us, actually randomly pick people to kill so at first we have absolutely no reason to be nervous or suspicious.

ADD:: my one question however is how can we get other people to be killed and not us if it's not based on suspicion... I feel as if either we let them continue randomly killing or enter the battlefield where suspicions can arise but when can lead them to kill other people... so which should we choose? I think we should sort of enter soon because not bieng involved in serious interactions can also cause suspicion.

and Ditto I think you should contest Evee as if you don't like her or she's offended you because it would help your persona. and I realised my comment at psyduck was a bit off my intended persona and I should be nicer.

ADD::since the Mafia is so based on pokemon we should also consider things like moves that we can use to dodge situations that are socially not good for us. ( if you get in a stupid fight and realise battling is unwanted attention) we can use our pokemon moves... like I can use Amnesia and forget everything that's going on if someone asks me a stumping question that could potentially prove my Mafia affiliation.
    Last edited by [M] Mom – Host; 12-01-2007 at 12:26 AM.

Whatever persona you choose from the beginning, stick with it for the most part to the end. Teetering back and forth in front of everyone is going to bring attention to you.

For now, I think I'll let what Eevee said blow over. I'd rather not have to fight for my life for a while.

I'll come in here in a bit and start conversing but, for now, I'm going to let them dig their own holes. I think you're fairly safe, Slowpoke. Doesn't look like they suspect you at all.

Blog Entries

erm...I think we should have cemented our strategy before the game even started but we can still do it now, it's an obvious way to relieve and nerve or stress or insecurity to post and be an active innocent-looking pokemon and also just makes me cool...bieng in their with no strategy makes me feel like I'm wire-tapped.

I'm going to teetertot persona I think, because I don't even know mines yet.

Okay. It makes sense to switch around in the beginning. None of us are too sure what everyone else is thinking.

I'd like to be the one that points fingers later but I'm definitely not going to start this early.

Blog Entries

I have a slight idea of what my persona will be like but I want to write it down...

So far I know i'm going to be very pokemon related and base most of my actions based of my pokemon to an extreme level. Also I will when I get the chance after a while (i'm supposed to be slow) I won't point fingers exactly but vote to lynch someone with ease...especially if I'm asked.

Woah, appearently I've been the only one with a busy day 0.o

Anyway. I agree we can't use the roles too early, in fact I thought that right after I posted it, but I had to go good thing we appear to be on the same page.

I think we should try and stay consistant and pick very early at first.

I want to be the last minute person... because I won't be on that often this weekend and during the week (lots of school work), so it should appear genuine.

For now, I think I'm gonna try and see who everyone is going against and hope it isn't us.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sandshrew View Post
    Woah, appearently I've been the only one with a busy day 0.o

Anyway. I agree we can't use the roles too early, in fact I thought that right after I posted it, but I had to go good thing we appear to be on the same page.

I think we should try and stay consistant and pick very early at first.

I want to be the last minute person... because I won't be on that often this weekend and during the week (lots of school work), so it should appear genuine.

For now, I think I'm gonna try and see who everyone is going against and hope it isn't us.
    unfortunately most people are smart enough to realize going against anyone so far would be stupid. So right now we don't have to do anything...