Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213141516171822 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Mafia - Official Game Thread (On hold)

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

Slowpoke, I just want to say your latest post was hilarious.
    and don't give you the "I have things to do excuse" because that will just tell me you have people you need to think about set up for midnight murders.
    :laugh: Brilliant.

Anyway, guys, I don't think you should start talking about tomorrow's voting before seeing who, if anyone (c'mon doc! we're all rootin' for ya!) gets killed. It might reveal some important clues.

Slowpoke doesn't seem keen on lynching Psyduck... what are you getting at Kadabra you seem to be a little worried. Meowth is right though we should wait to tommorow.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Harry - Dad's Dad's Avatar

Psyduck

you know.. its really weird.. i didnt even know butterfree was a werewolf.. that was just the first pokemon that joined charmander, squirtle and me.. well at least i did one thing right, before ill get lynched
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-11-2008 at 08:34 PM.

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Slowpoke

Quote Originally Posted by Kadabra View Post
    Slowpoke:

The first day is RANDOM, slowpoke. No, I didn't have any real reason to vote for anyone, but neither did anyone else! I didn't know who was the mafia because there simply wasn't anything to place suspicion upon. I didn't know if Geodude was innocent or not. I still don't, and you don't either. Why do you blindly trust Geodude anyway? I don't think anyone has proved innocence at all so far. Except maybe Clefairy who was the first to vote for Butterfree. Well, outside Psyduck who you are so keen on lynching, who was the first to suspect Butterfree.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke
    you say Geodude is innocent yet try to kill him.
    I have never said that. I just said anyone is a suspect and that we should focus on someone inactive, because they're not much help even if they are innocent, since we had to pick someone random either way.
    The first day is RANDOM huh? so your basically saying we can't kill you because the first day is RANDOM and the Mafia are supposed to be the ones getting confused kills on the townies while the townies kill themselves? well not thistime... We got lucky with Buterfree and also the fact that people (mainly you) supposrted Butterfree with their votes. You just can't handle the fact that your losing and everything isn't RANDOM like it's supposed to.
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-24-2008 at 08:19 PM.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpix View Post
    That's unfortunate. Then we have pratically nothing to go on again.
    If you read through the mafia wiki, or the mafia flash tutorial, all the answers are right there. Like, riiiiiiight there. Later on, I might add on a list to the front post like Levian did last round, but there's an element to this game that I still want to have a little mysterious and unknown. If I post the list of roles that are included in this game, it'll make it instantly obvious to some people. So we're gonna wait a few rounds for that official list of included roles. Or wait until you guys figure it out yourselves, and I won't have to semi-spoil it for you.

It's night time now. The town is resting. The town is asleep. Good night town! We'll see you in the morning...

*closes thread until Morning*

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

After a day of harsh arguments the pokemon finally returned to their pokeballs. But who could sleep with baddies lurking about? In fact, the pokemon didn't sleep. They sat awake all night watching Conan and Gilligan's Island reruns. Squirtle thought he could be just like Gilligan and sail the ocean blue. So he went out for a nice relaxing night swim. Nothing bad could happen here, right? Well, you're right. Nothing bad did happen. No one died tonight.

(please remember that characters chosen in the writeup other than those who died were done at random)

This is the start of Day 2. You have 24 hours to vote for someone to lynch.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Hypno

Vote: Slowpoke
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-11-2008 at 08:23 PM.

Snorlax

Yay, nobody died. So, who to lynch today? I'll post my thoughts later.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-11-2008 at 06:55 PM.

Hypno

Unvote: Slowpoke
    Vote: Snorlax
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-11-2008 at 08:23 PM.

This is a pleasant surprise. The doctors must be doing their job. I was sure I was going to get offed, so thank you. Hopefully I can be of assistance this round.

I have a lot to think about now, but I'll start with a statement and tally of the votes. In depth analysis will come later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Votes in the order that it happened
    Psyduck: Geodude
    Pikachu: Geodude
    Hypno: Psyduck
    Sandshrew: Psyduck
    Slowpokeeodude
    Meowth: Geodude
    Hypno: Unvote Psyduck, Vote Meowth
    Snorlax: Geodude
    Geodude: Psyduck
    Snorlax: Unvote Geodude
    Hypno: Unvote whoever, Vote Butterfree
    Squirtle: Psyduck
    Kadabra: Bulbasaur
    Vulpix: Ghastly
    Oddish: Butterfree
    Charmander: Geodude
    Psyduck: Unvote Geodude, Vote Butterfree
    Ditto: Gastly
    Eevee: Charmander
    Kadabra: Geodude
    Hypno: Unvote Butterfree, Vote Psyduck
    Psyduck: Unvote Butterfree, Vote Geodude
    Clefairy: Vote Butterfree
    Pikachu: Unvote Geodude, Vote Psyduck
    Squirtle: Unvote Psyduck, Vote Butterfree
    Slowpoke: Unvote Geodude, Vote Butterfree
    Hypno: Unvote Psyduck, Vote Butterfree
    Hypno: Unvote Butterfree, Vote Hypno
    Hypno: Unvote Hypno, Vote Geodude
    Hypno: Unvote Geodude, Vote Psyduck
    That's quite a clutter. Let's remove Hypno from there except for his final vote, and we will get this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Votes without Hypno
    Psyduck: Geodude
    Pikachu: Geodude
    Sandshrew: Psyduck
    Slowpokeeodude
    Meowth: Geodude
    Snorlax: Geodude
    Geodude: Psyduck
    Snorlax: Unvote Geodude
    Squirtle: Psyduck
    Kadabra: Bulbasaur
    Vulpix: Ghastly
    Oddish: Butterfree
    Charmander: Geodude
    Ditto: Gastly
    Eevee: Charmander
    Kadabra: Geodude
    Psyduck: Unvote Butterfree, Vote Geodude
    Clefairy: Vote Butterfree
    Pikachu: Unvote Geodude, Vote Psyduck
    Squirtle: Unvote Psyduck, Vote Butterfree
    Slowpoke: Unvote Geodude, Vote Butterfree
    Hypno: Unvote Geodude, Vote Psyduck
    And the final tally with who voted for what.
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Tally
    Butterfree - Oddish, Clefairy, Psyduck, Squirtle, Slowpoke
    Psyduck - Sandshrew, Geodude, Pikachu, Hypno
    Geodude - Meowth, Charmander, Kadabra
    Gastly - Vulpix, Ditto
    Charmander - Eevee
    No Vote - Bulbasaur, Gastly, Snorlax, Togepi, Jigglypuff, Diglett

Thanks for that organisation, Vulpix, very useful. This post is not intended to say LULZ ALL THESE GUYS ARE MAFIARG but it's just a few observations.

People who I'm slightly suspicious of and/or other thoughts:

Psyduck: Is a bit all over the place. This could be a joker thing though.

Vulpix: is very very into the game. They've been very helpful and insightful, noone can doubt that, but with that amount of commitment suspicion is sure to arise, because it's a pretty solid way of guaranteeing that you're indisposable. Hell, s/he's so good we might decide to keep them even if they are Mafia.
    • Vulpix addendum: Kadabra supported Vulpix as being a townie. Possibly something to remember later on.
    Hypno: Is perhaps doing a very clever double bluff. By acting like an idiot and pretending to be the jester, is he guaranteeing his own immunity?
    • Hypno addendum: If it turns out that Hypno is malign, Slowpoke made a throwaway comment about wanting to keep him because he is funny. This is probably of no significance, but could be useful to remember as more is revealed.
    Meowth: Is absolutely convinced that inactivity=evil. This is a good way to persuade others to take out those who aren't as into the game or who don't have very exciting roles and thus don't post as much ie: most of the regular townies.

Sandshrew and Geodude: are obviously allied to even a very slight extent. It probably means nothing, but again it may be useful to remember. I don't think we can get on Geodude's back for being so defensive when he was mass voted so early on. Unless Geodude is scum, we have no real reason to suspect Sandshrew except for what I've stated on Vulpix.

Those who are just going with the flow: Clefairy, Snorlax, Pikachu (due to faulty connection, I know) , Eevee - these guys haven't said anything hugely gasp-inducing or overanalysed things thus far. They are making regular amounts of posts with a little bit of thought put into them. Nothing to point the finger at, but they're being careful. Kadabra doesn't quite fit here - he's quite into the game and has defended and accused people rather voraciously.

Everyone else: Jigglypuff, Togepi, Digglet, Charmander, Ditto, Squirtle I'm fairly sure are townies or have made like, one post.

My :twocents:

After a lot of thought, here's what I came up with. I tend to get long-winded, so please try to follow my train of thought and tell me if you think I'm reading too much into it.

I think the first thing to do would be to have a good idea of what a werewolf actually is. Miriel said it was in the Mafia Wiki, so I took the liberty of looking it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafia Wiki
    Mafia (also known as Werewolf or Vampire) ...
    I think it's safe for us to assume, then, that werewolves are mafia and not a serial killer. But it still bothers me that they would choose to call it werewolf with no apparent reason. Why not just call it mafia? Can werewolves really infect people - is it a different type of mafia where they can win once everyone becomes a werewolf?

This led me down another train of thought: why werewolf and not vampire? It's certainly strange to pick one and not the other. Then, perhaps there are two factions of mafia: werewolf and vampire. Wouldn't this also fit into Miriel's claim that the game will only last a few days? If there's two Mafia groups killing people at night, that would certainly speed the process up.

There's too many aspects of the game that are simply unknown right now, so analysis and a decision is especially tough. For the time being, unless you all think that I am reading too deeply into it, I'm going to assume that there's two factions because I simply can't place why Miriel and Del Murder would choose to call the mafia werewolves otherwise. Simply going by infection is out, because if there ended up being one more werewolf every night then there's no possible way for the citizens to win. This unfortunately also makes decisions infinitely harder to render, since there are so many more possibilities.

Now, Butterfree was a werewolf. Here are the people who voted for Butterfree: Oddish, Clefairy, Psyduck, Squirtle, Slowpoke. I think it's safe to assume that these pokemon are at least not werewolves.

Butterfree didn't even vote last round, so it's impossible to analyse voting patterns by looking at who voted with him. I think voting on the first day was really mostly guesswork, and we only got a mafia or evil member by luck. We can't continue to count on luck, though.

I stand by my idea that Psyduck is telling the truth because he's being a little too obvious. I think the mafia would (should) be smarter than to draw so much attention to themselves right away. Hypno is just voting for everyone and anyone, including himself. I can't decide if this is a clever mafia plot or not, but I don't think the mafia would act like that... is there a jester in this game?

There seemed to be a bit of unresolved bickering between Slowpoke and Kadabra before the thread was closed. Slowpoke is obviously not a werewolf because he made the deciding vote on Butterfree. This would normally cause me to write him off as a suspect on that alone, but since I'm going by my two mafias theory, I can't do that. Slowpoke, to be honest, has been the most suspicious to me so far in the game. Here's my reasons.

In the debate between Slowpoke and Kadabra, I think Kadabra's argument is more sound. Not only that, it seems like Slowpoke is being rather aggressive in pointing fingers. Let me quote this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadabra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpix
    Kadabra, what is the role of a serial killer? I really wish there were one list assembled that we can look at to strategize from, instead of having all roles and any made up roles be possible.
    The Serial Killer can kill someone each night, he basically functions as a Mafia, except he's all on his own. I'm not sure if he'll appear guilty on cop investigations. Does he, Miriel? In case he doesn't, it might be hell figuring out who he is. It would make sense for a Serial Killer to try and stay low and not catch too much attention.

Now, I still have a feeling both Psyduck & Geodude are innocents. I see my suggestion of Bulbasaur, who still hasn't posted, caught on, so I'm going to change my vote now. No point in wasting my vote like that. This is pretty much a battle between Geodude and Psyduck. I don't think either of them are very suspicious, but I don't think Psyduck is lying. And since he revealed himself as a back up cop now, then the mafia will surely want to kill him in the night, right? Maybe Psyduck is someone to go after tomorrow. This day will be pretty random no matter what, so here we go.

Vote: Geodude

I also have a feeling that Vulpix is a citizen, there's just something about how he posts that gives off a citizen vibe. of course, I can be horribly wrong about this one. xD
    Lying? wanting to kill innocent people? protecting and backing up Psyduck... constantly changing votes to kill anyone that is not suspected for bieng a Mafia member.
    Kadabra stated that he only changed votes once, and from my tally I can confirm that.

1) If you saw in my previous tally, many people did change votes - including Slowpoke himself. Changing votes does not necessarily imply anything. I would have changed votes if I had been awake for the end of the day, because wasting a vote on something that doesn't matter is as good as not voting.

2) I do not see any instance of lying. Please point this out to me if I missed anything.

3) "Wanting to kill innocent people?" How does Slowpoke know for a fact that Geodude is innocent? Geodude could be innocent, or he could be mafia, but why is Slowpoke accusing Kadabra of this already, at this point in the game?

I may be unknowingly a little biased simply because Kadabra mentioned that he thinks I'm not mafia, and I know that I'm not mafia. I'll try not to go on that, since it could be a mafia plot. Thinking Slowpoke is suspicious definitely doesn't put Kadabra out of the hole, either.

Next, Kadabra's next post mentioned that if Psyduck were mafia, Kadabra would rather let him die for being "a sucky mafia." I think there's logic in that - Psyduck is standing out and being suspected from the start. It seemed like he wouldn't last long. If it seems like he's going to die early in the game, a smart mafia member wouldn't draw future attention to themselves by protecting him, would they?

Slowpoke's next post.
    You are acting like a liar trying to cover up a lie with lies. However you do it all slick-like a mafia. and hypocritical too. your the one wasting time voting for Geodude. You had no reason to vote for geodude at all but to get someone else lynched instead of people your teamed with. Also you withheld your vote and didn't change it while Buterrfree was on. and you stayed inactive in this thread by what I think is purposefuly. Just to keep your vote for geodude without some1 questioning why you could have potentially let Butterfree the werewolf escape.

IF YOU THOUGHT GEODUDE WAS INNOCENT WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO KILL HIM!??? BECAUSE HE WAS INACTIVE!? no... he came on and proved his worth to the town. From this I think that A mafia members intentions lies not in his words...but his vote... you say Geodude is innocent yet try to kill him. and you hide from us in your secret chambers where you plot... to the point where your skin is turning white from the lack of sunlight. If you don't agree to chain yourself to me with a 5 foot cufflink(be active) than I am gauranteeing you my vote tomorrow if you and your mafia buddies don't kill me tonight. and don't give you the "I have things to do excuse" because that will just tell me you have people you need to think about set up for midnight murders.
    I can't even tell if this post is serious or not, honestly. I'm just curious as to why you think Geodude is definitely an innocent and proved his worth to the town already. I don't think we should go about lynching Geodude at this point but I don't think anyone has proven themselves to be definitely innocent yet, either.
    I believe there are more Werewolf out there
    Did Slowpoke know that werewolf is just another word for mafia? If he did, why didn't he answer my questions earlier in the thread when I asked what a werewolf was, before Miriel posted? If he didn't and most people were assuming that werewolf equals serial killer, why would he think there's more? It doesn't add up.

Those are the things that made Slowpoke seem like the most suspicious to me. Maybe one of those things alone isn't enough for me to suspect him, but all of them put together does raise an alarm. I'm not saying you're definitely mafia, far from it, but your posts just don't give me a sense of you being a citizen right now. Maybe there's a good explanation for this; I would like to hear it.

Squirtle's also a bit of a mystery to me. He's been siding with Psyduck and Slowpoke, but Slowpoke seems to be against Psyduck. The thing is, Squirtle hasn't made any valid points about why he's been siding with anyone. That also arouses some suspicion.

Last, the people who haven't voted at all and still haven't had activity in the thread seem to also be a valid choice. Bulbasaur, Gastly, Snorlax, Togepi, Jigglypuff, and Diglett did not vote last round. Since everything I'm going by this round is pretty tentative and rests on the idea that there's two mafia factions, it might be better to go for an inactive instead based on reasons I stated yesterday.

I really do want to find out if there is a vampire faction though; that would completely validate or invalidate all my ideas. This would be so much easier if Miriel or Del posted a list.

I'm not going to vote yet, I'd like to hear some explanations from the people I addressed first and some input on my post before I make my decision. Keep in mind I'm fairly uncertain about any of this and my logic all rests on mere assumptions, so please try to think for yourselves and make your own deductions first.

Whew. I'll be back in eight hours or so. I'm sorry if this is tl;dr.

Edit: Oddish, I don't think my dedication should point to me being mafia, simply that I have no life. I'm hoping to provide logical reasoning to go on so we can bring down the mafia. I guess only time will tell if I'm right or not, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpix View Post
    I think the first thing to do would be to have a good idea of what a werewolf actually is. Miriel said it was in the Mafia Wiki, so I took the liberty of looking it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafia Wiki
    Mafia (also known as Werewolf or Vampire) ...

I think it's safe for us to assume, then, that werewolves are mafia and not a serial killer. But it still bothers me that they would choose to call it werewolf with no apparent reason. Why not just call it mafia? Can werewolves really infect people - is it a different type of mafia where they can win once everyone becomes a werewolf?

This led me down another train of thought: why werewolf and not vampire? It's certainly strange to pick one and not the other. Then, perhaps there are two factions of mafia: werewolf and vampire. Wouldn't this also fit into Miriel's claim that the game will only last a few days? If there's two Mafia groups killing people at night, that would certainly speed the process up.
    I also looked it up. I found it pretty confusing and assumed that this mafia was playing with a different werewolf. Good idea about the two factions, that's very interesting.

Edit: Fair enough. I'm not going to pass judgement, I still don't have enough to go on yet.

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Slowpoke

The reason I didn't anwser your question when you asked are werewolf serial killers is I'm annoyed and feel like people aren't paying any attention to what I'm saying voting for. I clearly said earlier reasons for thinking Butterfree is mafia, and working with other people. Yet no one even thought about what I said and kept asking about whether werewolf were serial killers, to the point where I had to quote myself and make drama about people I think worked with butterfree to satisfy your short attention spans and redraw your attentions to Evidence which I think you Vulpix, are leaving out. You aren't considering the people whos votes counted towards butterfrees escape. obviously if the mafia where with butterfree after the votes turned against them, theyd either change their vote, or like kadabra did keep their vote in placr and seem inactive so that people won't question them....may I remind you kadabra didn't post all the way until he was accused and he reacted fairly fast, showing that he was active but decided not to change votes, or post on purpose. I may not be using textbook Mafia suspicions for reasons I feel people are Mafia and some of it are weird connections I am too slothful to gather evidence for. Seriously why am I not being given any credit for all my work to the town?

Also: I have theories of kadabra bieng a Mafia member werewolf member and if you were his partner, then you would expect that the townies would expect that anyone with a werewolf connection to kadabra wouldn't try to back him up. So your backing up kadabra in the defense that a werewolf normally wouldn't back up another werewolf. I almost made a mistake and accused you of bieng partnered with kadabra without this explanation otherwise you would have probably just replied "why would I back up kadabra so openly if I was a mafia, that would make me a sucky mafia "
    -.-
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-24-2008 at 08:19 PM.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Harry - Dad's Dad's Avatar

Psyduck

psyduck is just glad he made it through the night.. and vulpix is right.. om playing this all wrong.. however.. there will be more mafia games

for my vote however.. i shall refrain from doing so.. there is lotsa more time for that

*takes a bite out of left over buttered free*

anyone want a wing?
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-11-2008 at 08:34 PM.