Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 41418192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Mafia - Official Game Thread (On hold)

Clefairy

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Meowth View Post
    I just made a good post about that, Sandshrew.
    EDIT: I see you read it. How can somebody be too obvious? Too obviously what? Too obviously mafia? I don't think there is such thing as too mafia! If you're not scum, you shouldn't act scummy or things like this will happen. He has acted incredibly scummy.

The way I see it, we lynch Squirtle today. He is so obviously scum that it makes my mind explode that I did not see all of this before. Slowpoke makes his tests, and either apologises to Kadabra or we all lynch him to death.

I think this is the best plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke
    I have conducted two secret tests on this person so far and if you want I will reveal them. (and the tests are believeable because I conducted them both here during the daytime.)
    You can investigate people during the day time? And you performed more than one investigation in one day? Whoa. I thought cops could only perform one investigation and it was at night time. How is this possible?
    they were psychological tests I conducted. They involved people backing up certain people and having people making expected reactions but with variabled twists to their reactions. Do you want me to reveal them? anybody?

TO MAKE IT CLEAR: they were just tests I did that any nonspecial role character could do, but I used info I gathered as a cop for the basis of these experiments. and the info I got from bieng a cop is obviously: that kadabra is a werewolf.
    Oh. Ok. Just a speculation, though. It seems rational that tests during daytime = day cop.

Do you know who a doctor is?
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-11-2008 at 08:15 PM.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If there was an insane cop in this game, we would not allow for them to investigate themselves, that would be so silly. This post is neither confirming nor denying the existence of such a role in this game.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

I don't think Meowth sincerely thinks squirtle is guilty and is just bieng fishy.
    Again with the subtle threats? Kadabra has never threatened me to vote against him. I called for the doctor to protect you and you're going to turn on me? What?
    I don't think #1 is a good reason at all.
    Lie. You do think it's good:
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke
    inactivity leads to less discussion and less ways for us to gather clues.
    Kadabra voted against me just because I thought he was a mafia dude...just like squirtle yet he uses this point against squirtle and only squirtle.
    If Kadabra had said "I am voting for you because you voted for me", like Psyduck did, THEN I would've listed it.
    #3 see reason #1
    How on earth is that not a good reason? Willingly letting somebody else choose how you vote is incredibly dodgy. What's innocent about that, exactly. Fair enough if you don't think it's good, but at least say why.
    #5 all of kadabra's discussion has been distracting and in defense of himself. He doesn't seem to be doing anything for the town except his inactivity vote which he only used to defend himself.
    True. But discussion is better than none.

I find it interesting he didn't include one point against kadabra.
    I find it interesting that you haven't included points against Squirtle.

(NOTE: if you have, then I apologise and I am not lying. I have missed them and I would encourage all readers to check to see if Slowpoke HAS posted about squirtle, just in case I made an error. If I were deliberately trying to lie, I would not have made this disclaimer)

I think Slowpoke and Squirtle are together, and that is why Slowpoke is desperate to defend Squirtle.

Snorlax

I just noticed a huge hole in Slowpokes argument.

Cop - MafiaWiki

On that page, you will see that in a game where the Scum are Werewolves, the Cop is refered to as a Seer. This may just be an oversight by Del and Miriel, but if it isn't then Slowpoke is the one who is lying.
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-11-2008 at 06:58 PM.

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Slowpoke

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    If there was an insane cop in this game, we would not allow for them to investigate themselves, that would be so silly. This post is neither confirming nor denying the existence of such a role in this game.

Now If squirtle dies I will have no sure way to prove my sanity except one way: If kadabra dies and I was right. If you think proving my sanity is important than please unvote squirtle and vote for Kadabra. It's the only way my sanity can be proven and on top of my investigations... Even not bieng a cop I could still tell by now that Kadabra is probably a mafia person.
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-24-2008 at 08:27 PM.

Blog Entries

Slowpoke

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post

Cop - MafiaWiki

On that page, you will see that in a game where the Scum are Werewolves, the Cop is refered to as a Seer. This may just be an oversight by Del and Miriel, but if it isn't then Slowpoke is the one who is lying.

What argument? I never said I was a daytime cop. Sandshrew did. I can only investigate at night...the other two investigations where just me making threats at people and seeing how they would react.

and the seer is the same exact thing as the cop so my argument would hold except for one thing...to be technically correct I'd have to edit every single post to say seer instead of cop. and I dunt wanna do that.

Snorlax

Cop - MafiaWiki

What argument? I never said I was a daytime cop. Sandshrew did. I can only investigate at night...the other two investigations where just me making threats at people and seeing how they would react.
    That was not the point I was looking at. A cop that investigates werewolves is called a seer, and you have roleclaimed being a cop.
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-11-2008 at 06:58 PM.

It is incredibly damning to the pro-town to believe Slowpoke at this time, I think. Many of you agree with him/her, but I'll bet not one of you can point out the exact reason you do. S/He's arguing from a point of passion, not from a point of logic. Nothing s/he's said about Kadabra's guilt is derived logically. S/he uses emotion in his/her posts, not anything concrete. S/he threatens other players, regardless of whether or not s/he actually (openly) suspects them of anything and that isn't good gameplay. In fact, it alienates other players. Who would want to alienate someone who could potentially argue a good point.

And the roleclaiming bit, especially since it's just on the heels of Kadabra's roleclaim, reeks of suspicion. Slowpoke wasn't in any actual danger of being lynched at the time, so why would s/he reveal his/her role as cop so early and so needlessly? Because s/he isn't really a cop, that's why.

I'm not saying we have to lynch Slowpoke right now. I think Squirtle is much more in need of lynching tonight because of things other pokemans have said (vote hopping, ignoring the thread, hiding behind other members etc). But you shouldn't trust Slowpoke at all. I suggest the real cop investigate him/her tonight.

Vote:Squirtle.

EDIT: In light of recent posts by Slowpoke, we're all freaking crazy if we don't lynch him/her now. S/he's grasping at straws left and right.

UNVOTE:Squirtle
    VOTE:Slowpoke

Cop - MafiaWiki

Or it could've been Slowpoke being Lazy.

By this point I don't believe either Kadabra or Slowpoke anymore. I'd like to think of a way to get rid of this dilema but lynching is all I can think of, and many of you seem convinced to lynch Squirtle.

I think if we don't solve this Kadabra and Slowpoke problem it will be too much of a distraction while the Mob picks us off.

Cop - MafiaWiki

This is an excellent point. Notice that Kadabra and Butterfree had themed rules, and this could've been an oversight on Slowpoke's part if he tried to trick us.

I want to know why Slowpoke is so adamant on Squirtle. Assuming he's done one night time test on Kadabra, he CANNOT know if Squirtle is innocent, and I've put forward a lot of good points - as has Vulpix, and others - about why he is guilty, and Slowpoke has just ignored them because I'm not lynching who he wants me to lynch.

Slowpoke - and anyone who has voted Kadabra - please provide reasons why Squirtle is innocent.

Blog Entries

Slowpoke

ermm... why don't you provide reasons why kadabra is innocent. that seems much harder to prove. because it is more likely not true.

Clefairy

Quote Originally Posted by Meowth View Post

Cop - MafiaWiki

This is an excellent point. Notice that Kadabra and Butterfree had themed rules, and this could've been an oversight on Slowpoke's part if he tried to trick us.

I want to know why Slowpoke is so adamant on defending Squirtle. Assuming he's done one night time test on Kadabra, he CANNOT know if Squirtle is innocent, and I've put forward a lot of good points - as has Vulpix, and others - about why he is guilty, and Slowpoke has just ignored them because I'm not lynching who he wants me to lynch.

Slowpoke - and anyone who has voted Kadabra - please provide reasons why Squirtle is innocent.
    Hmm... as to why Squirtle is innocent? I don't think he/she is. I think he's less of a threat than the Kadabra/Slowpoke situation. It's bugging me which of the two is the one lying. Or if they're both mafia and are plotting together. It's all very confusing.

Squirtle's attempts seem juvenile, so to me he/she seems either far too inexperienced with the game, or simply not too big of a threat.

So my vote stays for the moment.
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-11-2008 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    EDIT: In light of recent posts by Slowpoke, we're all freaking crazy if we don't lynch him/her now. S/he's grasping at straws left and right.

UNVOTE:Squirtle
    VOTE:Slowpoke
    Geodude, I think Slowpoke and Squirtle could be together. If you look, they changed their votes to Butterfree at very similar times and Slowpoke has just insulted me for suspecting Squirtle.

I don't think we are going to get Slowpoke lynched today - and it's a wasted vote, to be honest. Please reconsider and vote for Squirtle.

Blog Entries

Slowpoke

I think it is nessecary for me to revert to my previous plea.

Kill Kadabra...he is extremely likely Pro-Mafia.

If he isn't mafia, than you can lynch me, and I won't give you a Bull insanity defense.

Snorlax

ermm... why don't you provide reasons why kadabra is innocent. that seems much harder to prove. because it is more likely not true.
    I am not sure if Kadabra is innocent, but the argument against him is based on the ideas of someone roleclaiming to be a cop, when the role for identifying a werewolf is seer. Also, even if the whole cop/seer ting is an oversight, your sanity is still uncomfermed.
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-11-2008 at 06:59 PM.