Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 37891011121314151617181923 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Mafia - Official Game Thread (On hold)

Kadabra

The idea of two factions is interesting indeed, but then why did no one get killed tonight? Do we have two doctors who both managed to protect the two victims? That sounds a little unlikely, but I suppose perhaps both the mafia groups could've tried to kill the same person and then the doctor managed to protect him? I guess we have to wait until the next night is over to get an answer for this one.

Wait, this night lasted 14 hours, right? Does that mean someone didn't get the time to send in their night activity? Miriel said she'd close up earlier if everyone sent in their stuff. Would be hilarious if we had an inactive serial killer in this game. xD

I suppose I should also defend myself a little as Slowpoke has pointed me out as a suspect. Let's go back to the start, Slowpoke, why are you suspecting me again? You're suspecting me because I voted for Geodude "instead" of Butterfree. I'm not the only one who did this. There was nothing suspicious about Butterfree in Day 1 except he didn't post much, which was not unique for just Butterfree. You didn't know he was a Mafia, you got lucky. Just as I guessed by voting for Geodude. You didn't have much to base your Butterfree vote on, and I didn't have much to base my Geodude vote on. I must admit, I picked Geodude at random, because there simply wasn't anyone to suspect.

Then you say I lurked and didn't change my vote. Yeah, damn sure I lurked. The ciddies were on, remember? and why would I change my vote? Again, Butterfree was not suspicious, you got lucky.

Okay, I am done with my defense now, and will move on to my attack.

What really doesn't add up here, is Slowpoke's defense of Geodude. He's set on his innocence without anything to back it up. He said Geodude had proved his innocence, he said this on Day 1. How can anyone prove their innocence on Day 1? The cops haven't even gotten the time to search. I don't know if Geodude is an innocent or a mafia, and neither should Slowpoke, unless he knows something I don't. Which I have a feeling that he might do..

Squirtle seemed pretty quick to jump on Slowpoke's attack here, without adding any thoughts of his own. If Slowpoke turns out mafia, Squirtle might be someone to get next.

I don't really have any other suspects at the moment.

Now these attacks may seem like retorts because I was attacked by them, which is partly true because you don't know if I'm a citizen, but I do, so I find this team up against me highly suspicious. I don't think it is a coincidence.

My vote today will probably be Slowpoke. Vulpix said he might go for someone inactive, which I will be okay with if the Slowpoke vote doesn't become popular. After all, there could be an inactive serial killer around. But yeah, my first pick would be Slowpoke. If there is another faction, then I'm pretty sure he's part of it, a vampire or something.
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-24-2008 at 08:48 PM.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Harry - Dad's Dad's Avatar

Psyduck

to all vampires and werewolves out there

Psyduck does not taste good. my blood does not taste like chicken.
    and if you must eat me.. bite on my head first..

ghehe.. youll be in for a suprise then
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-11-2008 at 08:34 PM.

Clefairy

Fairy, cle cle! Good morning, everyone!

I'm glad no one died. Thanks doctor! Analysis time...

Ok. So I was reading what's going on and thought to myself, 'Clefairy clefairy fairy clefa!' which translates roughly to 'Psyduck didn't die!' I was surprised.

Think about it. Psyduck kept saying he was going to die, often encouraging his death. Jester. But then he claimed the role of Back-Up Cop, which would be a good reason for mafia to kill him. Thus ensuring death. Jessster.

Regardless of whether or not he is the Jester or the Back-Up Cop, it's clear that someone(whoever is the doctor or nurse) is on the same page that I am.

As for anyone else... I have no clue. Come on, cop, give us some clues!
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-11-2008 at 08:13 PM.

This is tough... right now, I think we should get Lynch Geodude. Last round I found no suspicion toward him... but everyone seems to put him in the middle of their theorys right now....

I also agree with Kadabra, that there is probably just one faction... otherwise there probably would've been at least one killing. If there are two then we got really lucky again

Anyway right now I'm thinking killing Geodude is the best way to go then we can test all of our other suspicions.

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Slowpoke

Vote: Kadabra

I have so many reasons to believe Kadabra is a mafia, one more I'll just throw out there is that he is trying to hypnotize people that there aren't many Mafia and that Butterfree was just a serial killer. If I recall correctly, last game there were 6 Mafia. I am SICK of having to be the only one correctly pointing fingers while everyone else says "you have nothing to be suspicious of" when there is already so many clues and I hope someone other than me is actually looking at these clues. The Mafia are slipping up already and you guys are allowing them to cover up their mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadabra View Post
    Damn, killing the serial killer on the first day? Lucky! Butterfree fits the description of a serial killer very well too, someone wanting to stay slightly under the radar but not too much. If he was the serial killer that is. I suppose the mafia could've been called werewolves in this game.

Looks like my serial killer hunches were right.
    Actually it does not look like your serial killer hunches were right. It is far more likely that you and Butterfree are both werewolves than what you want us to think: that buttterfree was a serial killer.
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-24-2008 at 08:19 PM.

Eevee

As far as I could tell, Jesters only win if they are lynched by the town. But, this could just be my misunderstanding of the role.

Nobody died. That's a good thing - we got a werewolf, and no citizens dead. Always a good thing on our side.

I never noticed the entire Slowpoke thing yesterday, could have been because like everyone, I was distracted by the Ciddies. But, as I look through the thread and read people's arguments, Slowpoke does have a strong argment against him. His defence of Geodude, despite there being no real proof of anyone being Mafia or not, and his adamancy that he KNOWS who is Mafia, and that he is CORRECT. Why would anyone know who is Mafia? It's all suspicious behaviour.
    (Unless he's a cop, and if so, he should come out and say it, and hope to god that a doctor will protect him at night.)

Maybe you should describe some of these reasons as to why Kadabra is Mafia. I haven't seen him do anything suspicious as of yet. If you detail why Kadabra is supicious, then maybe we will all rethink.
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-24-2008 at 08:36 PM.

Blog Entries

Slowpoke

Quote Originally Posted by Eevee View Post
    As far as I could tell, Jesters only win if they are lynched by the town. But, this could just be my misunderstanding of the role.

Nobody died. That's a good thing - we got a werewolf, and no citizens dead. Always a good thing on our side.

I never noticed the entire Slowpoke thing yesterday, could have been because like everyone, I was distracted by the Ciddies. But, as I look through the thread and read people's arguments, Slowpoke does have a strong argment against him. His defence of Geodude, despite there being no real proof of anyone being Mafia or not, and his adamancy that he KNOWS who is Mafia, and that he is CORRECT. Why would anyone know who is Mafia? It's all suspicious behaviour.
    (Unless he's a cop, and if so, he should come out and say it, and hope to god that a doctor will protect him at night.)

Maybe you should describe some of these reasons as to why Kadabra is Mafia. I haven't seen him do anything suspicious as of yet. If you detail why Kadabra is supicious, then maybe we will all rethink.
    Why not? why don't you name one reason Kadabra is not a Mafia member. I can name one for myself. I helped kill The Mafia and urged the others strongly to help me kill them. (Butterfree) Also before any of this even started and Butterfree was discovered I already entered the thought of Kadabra bieng with Butterfree and just like any mafia member would, he is trying to come up with excuses for why he put his vote to use in order to help Butterfree. And I don't want to roleclaim because I have no need to. unless you guy are seriously considering lynching me.

offtopic: well another thing I want to mention is that I think the mafia have tried to kill me because I not only helped kill butterfree but also I threatened Kadabra. and that the doctor may have saved my live. Also I don't think the doctor would have protected Psyduck because psyduck feared and talked about his death so much, that maybe the Mafia were put off from killing him because the mafia doesn't want to be that predictable and do exactly what the townies expect. and Psyduck said at least ten times in the discussion as well that he was going to die. Also the Mafia probably thought the doctor was going to save Psyduck so they went for someone else the doctor wasnt protecting, but got unlucky because obviously whatever happened, the Doctor was succesful.

and thank you Evee for that cop comment -.-...Now I have to defend myself against the Mafia day and night...
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-24-2008 at 08:20 PM.

Clefairy

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Eevee View Post

Why not? why don't you name one reason Kadabra is not a Mafia member. I can name one for myself. I helped kill The Mafia and urged the others strongly to help me kill them. (Butterfree) Also before any of this even started and Butterfree was discovered I already entered the thought of Kadabra bieng with Butterfree and just like any mafia member would, he is trying to come up with excuses for why he put his vote to use in order to help Butterfree. And I don't want to roleclaim because I have no need to. unless you guy are seriously considering lynching me.

offtopic: well another thing I want to mention is that I think the mafia have tried to kill me because I not only helped kill butterfree but also I threatened Kadabra. and that the doctor may have saved my live. Also I don't think the doctor would have protected Psyduck because psyduck feared and talked about his death so much, that maybe the Mafia were put off from killing him because the mafia doesn't want to be that predictable and do exactly what the townies expect. and Psyduck said at least ten times in the discussion as well that he was going to die. Also the Mafia probably thought the doctor was going to save Psyduck so they went for someone else the doctor wasnt protected, but got unlucky because obviously whatever happened, the Doctor was succesful.
    Maybe there are two doctors? I stand by what I say about Psyduck being Jester, and apparently if he's lynched then we all lose. It's a third party thing.

As for Slowpoke vs. Kadabra? I have a pretty strong inkling that Slowpoke is townie. He could even be a cop and investigated Kadabra. If that's the case(which is what I really think) then Kadabra is a mafia member.

So as of right now...
    I Vote: Kadabra.

Nothing personal, just a feeling that he may or may not be telling the truth.

Blog Entries

Slowpoke

and As for people wanting me to go and find all the evidence on Kadabra I'm only one pokemon and not an entire Headquarters of investigators... It's hard enough finding clues but having to have actual evidence based on only the first day... I don't know if this is allowed but just look at all posts Kadabra's made in this thread so far and you'll see why I suspected him in the first place. Not only does he seem like he's lying but all of his lies are in favor of someone in the Mafia that is teamed with Butterfree.

The initial initial reason that opened the hole to this is I did exactly what Vulpix did but unfortunately I didn't post if for everyone to see and I'm sorry. As you can see certain groups of people vote against certain people. If you just look at Vulpix's list I find people sincere or trustable in the order of: people who voted for Butterfree, people who voted for Psyduck, and I'm suspicious of people who voted against Geodude because he simply smells like a townie to me. Geodude was going to be killed just for inactivity and personally I'm against killing people for inactivity especially after they just posted a long speech. and also because going with the inactivity vote creates an atomosphere where people just go along thinking there is no evidence so far. and if we continue thinking like that there won't be any evidence until important people like cops are killed and it's too late to win.
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-24-2008 at 08:37 PM.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Harry - Dad's Dad's Avatar

Psyduck

good reasoning.. and hes one of the few people who didnt vote on butterfree.. who is acting kind of weird.. hes such a good mafia member that i suspect him because of being slick and stuff..

and i think slowpoke is a townie as well

so..

vote: Kadabra

btw if he is a mafia..(which would be very weird.. two days in a row) the other mafia members would be very difficult to find.. cause i dont really suspect anyone else.. i may dislike sandshrew.. but i dont suspect him..

*munches on buttered free leftovers*
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-11-2008 at 08:34 PM.

Kadabra

I can name one for myself. I helped kill The Mafia and urged the others strongly to help me kill them. (Butterfree)
    That doesn't mean anything if you're a vampire. I never said I suspected you of being a werewolf.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke
    and just like any mafia member would, he is trying to come up with excuses for why he put his vote to use in order to help Butterfree.
    I wasn't trying to help anyone. I just made a choice to vote for one of them, just like you did.

offtopic: well another thing I want to mention is that I think the mafia have tried to kill me because I not only helped kill butterfree but also I threatened Kadabra. and that the doctor may have saved my live.
    On the contrary, I think you are a vampire and you decided to keep me alive so you could get me lynched today since you saw much support in that idea before the thread closed.

If I was a doctor, I would've protected myself the first night, there's little information to base things on first night, so no way I'd risk getting myself killed on the first night so I couldn't help the town out later in the game.

It's hard enough finding clues but having to have actual evidence based on only the first day... I don't know if this is allowed but just look at all posts Kadabra's made in this thread so far and you'll see why I suspected him in the first place.
    So basically you don't have any evidence at all? Don't point your finger at people if you can't back it up. It almost seems like you picked me at random here.

Geodude was going to be killed just for inactivity and personally I'm against killing people for inactivity especially after they just posted a long speech. and also because going with the inactivity vote creates an atomosphere where people just go along thinking there is no evidence so far.
    People wanting to lynch inactive members doesn't make them mafia. I agree we shouldn't continue inactive members, but I do think it's a good thing to do on Day 1. You voted for Butterfree because of inactivity too.

With two votes against me (soon 4 once Slowpoke and Squirtle joins in), looks like I have no choice.

Vote: Slowpoke

Clefairy

Quote Originally Posted by Psyduck View Post
    good reasoning.. and hes one of the few people who didnt vote on butterfree.. who is acting kind of weird.. hes such a good mafia member that i suspect him because of being slick and stuff..

and i think slowpoke is a townie as well

so..

vote: Kadabra

btw if he is a mafia..(which would be very weird.. two days in a row) the other mafia members would be very difficult to find.. cause i dont really suspect anyone else.. i may dislike sandshrew.. but i dont suspect him..

*munches on buttered free leftovers*
    Here's something to munch on, you glutton.

If you were the Back-Up Cop like you claim, you'd probably be more accusing towards someone or hint at something useful instead of munch on what's left of Butterfree. Unless you're saying that Sandshrew or Slowpoke is innocent, then I think it's pretty darn certain that you're the Jester. You could always just admit it.

Blog Entries

Slowpoke

Quote Originally Posted by Kadabra View Post
    I can name one for myself. I helped kill The Mafia and urged the others strongly to help me kill them. (Butterfree)
    That doesn't mean anything if you're a vampire. I never said I suspected you of being a werewolf.

and just like any mafia member would, he is trying to come up with excuses for why he put his vote to use in order to help Butterfree.
    I wasn't trying to help anyone. I just made a choice to vote for one of them, just like you did.

offtopic: well another thing I want to mention is that I think the mafia have tried to kill me because I not only helped kill butterfree but also I threatened Kadabra. and that the doctor may have saved my live.
    On the contrary, I think you are a vampire and you decided to keep me alive so you could get me lynched today since you saw much support in that idea before the thread closed.

If I was a doctor, I would've protected myself the first night, there's little information to base things on first night, so no way I'd risk getting myself killed on the first night so I couldn't help the town out later in the game.

It's hard enough finding clues but having to have actual evidence based on only the first day... I don't know if this is allowed but just look at all posts Kadabra's made in this thread so far and you'll see why I suspected him in the first place.
    So basically you don't have any evidence at all? Don't point your finger at people if you can't back it up. It almost seems like you picked me at random here.

Geodude was going to be killed just for inactivity and personally I'm against killing people for inactivity especially after they just posted a long speech. and also because going with the inactivity vote creates an atomosphere where people just go along thinking there is no evidence so far.
    People wanting to lynch inactive members doesn't make them mafia. I agree we shouldn't continue inactive members, but I do think it's a good thing to do on Day 1. You voted for Butterfree because of inactivity too.

With two votes against me (soon 4 once Slowpoke and Squirtle joins in), looks like I have no choice.

Vote: Slowpoke
    I already voted against you.
    It's not the fact that you want to lynch inactive members that I came to the conclusion in the first place but that you were using your vote to protect Butterfree.
    Also I never said you were a doctor, but that you tried to kill me but couldn't because the doctor protected me. I think you made that misunderstanding on purpose and did know what I was saying but are trying to distract people.
    I DID NOT VOTE FOR BUTTERFREE BECAUSE OF INACTIVITY YOU LIAR. WHY DONT YOU GO BACK AND LOOK AT WHY I VOTED FOR BUTTERFREE. if people believe that I voted for Butterfree because of inactivity that would make me a liar, nice try but I'm on to your tricks. picked you at random? hahahaha. I know you're a mafia and my suspiscions of you are far beyond random. Stop looking for the randmness of this game to save you because the things you are doing are for reasons, mainly protecting the Mafia. and If I were a vampire I would have tried to kill you not lynch you because I know how much of a slick liar you are and how much the death of a Werewolf would help the vampires win the other mafia. and how do you know there are vampires? did Del Murder make a post I don't know about...last time I checked all Del_Murder said was that no one died last night and squirtle was out exploring stuff.

Geodude is not as inactive as I thought and I think Psyduck is a jester... Also I have suspisions of buterfree not bieng a serial killer...but a mafia member because he/she seems to be cooperating with people(because he points fingers at people who go against certain people).

Unvote: Geodude

Vote: Butterfree
    I VOTED FOR BUTTERFREE BECUZ OF INACTIVITY HUH!?
    I may not have PROVEN that you are a mafia, but I have created alot of valid suspiscions and am in no way randomly pointing fingers. My main main reason isn't fully credible but if you townies want to go with me on this one fact I have proven:
    Kadabra is a liar.

and also I would be very suspiscious if Meowth did not vote against kadabra because he is the reason I am going after Liars and would have never thought of that.
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-24-2008 at 08:20 PM.

After reading over this stuff it seems there are some contradictions in Kadabra's statements which may mean he's trying to cover something up...

Now I'm not 100% sure but just for now (in case I have to go, I'm basically "on call" for work)

Current Vote: Kadabra

Kadabra

Also I never said you were a doctor, but that you tried to kill me but couldn't because the doctor protected me. I think you made that misunderstanding on purpose and did know what I was saying but are trying to distract people.
    I didn't misunderstand you at all, but I think you misunderstood what I just said. If I was a doctor I wouldn't protect you, I'd protect myself. Which is why I think the Mafia didn't target you tonight. Why would they anyway? It's obviously in their best interest to get me lynched. Or one of us if we both should turn out innocent.

I DID NOT VOTE FOR BUTTERFREE BECAUSE OF INACTIVITY YOU LIAR. WHY DONT YOU GO BACK AND LOOK AT WHY I VOTED FOR BUTTERFREE.
    Oh my god, calm down. I haven't lied at any point during the game, if anything I'm a little confused from all the points and can't keep up with everything. I thought that's why you voted for him. Sorry, my mistake.

However, that argument is even worse than inactivity. I'll post all of Butterfree's posts in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfree
    Freee!!!

WHo did this to Cubone! Freee!
    Why me? Freeeee. And distrtust for Bug Pokemon is being specieist Freee!

It's not like we can pass reasonable judgment on anyone yet Freeee!
    It wasn't Psyduck Freeee! It was Hypno. Freeee. Because he is calling all of us Sick, Freee!

Freeeee!
    Wow, that REEKS of Mafia. :rolleyes2

So he pointed one finger, and at Hypno. He never even voted. I don't think he seriously suggested Hypno as a suspect either.

You got lucky, and you're a vampire.