Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101424 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Mafia - Official Game Thread (On hold)

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

I'm disappointed at the lack of posts since I've been away.

I honestly think inactivity is a key factor early on. Even if someone is inactive but a townie, they're definitely not helping us, and rather them than someone who is actually going to participate in discussion. As for timezones, well, the thread has been up for ten hours so that shouldn't really matter at this stage.

So, how do you all feel about Psyduck's suggestion of Geodude?

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

OOC:New Rule: You cannot refuse to vote.

If you're away, busy, and you miss a round of voting. That's fine and understandable. But you cannot be active, post in the thread, and then be all, "I don't fee comfortable voting for someone, so I won't." Hells noes!

In the real world of Mafia, if you refuse to vote, someone will literally tackle you, pin you to the ground, and raise your hand FOR you during the voting period. Gosh darnit, you are gonna vote whether you like it or not. Since I can't do that, I'm gonna say this:

VOTE OR DIE.

That's right, I went there. Oh snap.

14 hours to go.

If we were going to go on inactivity alone we'd have a lot more suspects than Geodude, then again that's all we have to go on during the first day. It seems a little sudden, but we don't have forever and we have to lynch someone.

So I'm not really sure what I think of Psyduck's decision...but I'll go with it anyway. No one seems suspicious at the moment.

So I might change this later but for now:

Vote: Geodude

Hypno

smurf all you baby raping gay-tards! Running over the cliff like a bunch of lemmings hoping that a jagged rock at the bottom penetrates your anal cavity so that you shoot into the air on a fountain of blood.

YOU ARE ALL SICK!

Vote: smurfduck Psyduck
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-11-2008 at 08:20 PM.

Hypno is pretty obviously the jester. Ignore him and don't lynch him.

...maybe a little too obvious. Perhaps he has a role where it would benefit him in some way for us to think he was the jester. Or maybe he is the jester.

Well no one is agreeing with me but, I still think Psyduck has pointed too many fingers and all of us voting with him is a mistake!

Vote: Psyduck.

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Slowpoke

Vote: GEODUDE

I have no clue about who is what, except for hypno, I know a couple things about him. so I vote for Geodude because inactivity leads to less discussion and less ways for us to gather clues. also if he is a mafia and incactive he could be hiding clues.

*crawls back under his rock-bed* zzzzzzz

((YES I LIVE IN A ROCK))
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-24-2008 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandshrew View Post
    Well no one is agreeing with me but, I still think Psyduck has pointed too many fingers and all of us voting with him is a mistake!
    The thing about Psyduck is that all his finger-pointing gives us a lot of theories to discuss. Discussion is our main weapon, and I'm entirely happy to allow Psyduck to stick around.

Anyway seeing as how we've got to vote for someone or die, and I'm going to be going now (I don't know if I'm going to be online before the deadline. I hope so, but this is just a precaution) I'm going to vote for Geodude. I've said all along that I intended to vote for somebody inactive, and Geodude fits the bill, and he seems to be the random person we have chosen. Apologies if you're innocent, my rocky friend, but a cat's gotta do what a cat's gotta do.

Vote: Geodude.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Solid as a rock!

(Sorry)

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm View Post
    OH IT IS ON! Meowth dare try to smurf up my christmas?!?!? This declaration of war will wage until all horror is spewen across the time ravaged horror that is your corpse! DEATH TO YE!

Unvote: Psyduck
    Vote: Meowth
    How can you vote, I thought only Pokemon could vote.

Hypno

Screw you!!

OH IT IS ON! Meowth dare try to smurf up my christmas?!?!? This declaration of war will wage until all horror is spewen across the time ravaged horror that is your corpse! DEATH TO YE!

Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-11-2008 at 08:20 PM. Reason: fagged up a rape-gasm?

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Slowpoke

Quote Originally Posted by Hypno View Post
    Screw you!!

LOLZ we need to keep this guy. He's amusing. KEKEKEKE
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-24-2008 at 08:17 PM.

Snorlax

Why, I take a little nap and your at war now. And now I'm hungry, so I'll just vote and then eat a little snack.

Vote Geodude. Sorry if your innocent, but we need active townspeople. If you can convince me otherwise, I won't change my vote.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-11-2008 at 06:54 PM.

Geodude

Wow. uhm, okay. Geodude has to do during the day. Like. Eat rocks and stuff.

Let's look at it this way. You can go with this theory of lynching those who aren't talking. Here is why that's a dumb idea.

The majority of pokemans are going to be townsfolk. It logically follows that basing a lynching around something as broad as "activity" (and guess what, I HAVE been active. Just because I've only made one post doesn't mean I haven't been sleuthing it up like the rest of you.) is bad news. Basing lynching decisions on broad criteria practically guarantees that you're going to kill off townspeople, since they comprise the largest group. A LOT of townspeople. I am a townsperson - but I'll get to more on that later.

It's also a dumb idea because killing off people without knowing if they're with or against you leaves you with a pretty good shot that you're killing off what could end up as substantial brainpower. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but you have a 50/50 shot at me being a townie like y'all. And you see how I'm already jumping into the fray and arguing - not for my life per se - but arguing to win. Do you really want to knock off someone as smart as me? Sure, I could be mafia. But I could be an essential weapon in the townie arsenal. But you guys are willing to kill off people just because they haven't posted as much as, say, Psyduck? Who hasn't said ANYTHING of merit in the thread?

Which brings me to my next point. How is someone who is less active but brings good points to the table worth LESS than someone who is crazy active and doesn't do anything but pretend to be a pokemans all day long? Look around you and see who exactly has added something worthwhile. Most of those are current targets. Is the plan to kill off all the smarties from go? Bad plan.

Finally, with regards to above, I do happen to be a townsperson. A townsperson with a special ability. I'm not revealing it, but I can do something most others can't. I might be the only person in the game who can do what I do. Again, you don't have to believe me. If you kill me I have nothing to lose. You guys (townies) do.

So, onto my pick for lynching. Psyduck. It's already been postulated (by sandshrew, maybe?) that Psyduck is behaving an awful lot like the jester. I must agree. And if we kill off the jester, what happens? S/He wins anyway. The only thing a jester will do is get in our way and spam up our thread JUST LIKE PSYDUCK HAS BEEN DOING THIS WHOLE TIME.

Lynching Psyduck can't hurt us, because Psyduck isn't helping out at all. Lynching Psyduck can't hurt Psyduck if s/he is the jester, in fact it will help him/her. Lynching Psyduck will hurt the mafia is Psyduck is mafia. There is no reason to not lynch Psyduck. There are many reasons not to lynch me.

VOTE: Psyduck.
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-11-2008 at 08:41 PM.