Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121626 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Mafia - Official Game Thread (On hold)

Mafia Townsperson [M] Harry - Dad's Dad's Avatar

Psyduck

Psy duck Psy

im not a newbie.. just because this is the first time doesnt make me a...
    ow wait

anyways i dont care.. i dont play this to win.. i play this to have fun.. i mean thats what its all about isnt it?
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-11-2008 at 08:31 PM.

The only ones who I suspect less than others so far are Hypno, who is just being an ass, and Psyduck... well, mafia would have to be pretty dense or obvious. No offense. Either that or they're extremely smart. I guess we'll eventually see which, but right now I'm going to go with my intuition of the former.

That still leaves about nineteen of you to choose from, so I'm going to choose from the inactives. 1) Mafia may be trying to lay low. And 2) If someone's going to be inactive, they're going to be less of a help to the team than someone who is active and potentially a citizen.

Here's who I think have been fairly inactive so far: Charmander, Bulbasuar, Togepi, Oddish, Gastly, Jigglypuff, Ditto, Diglett, Clefairy. Some of these Pokemon have been somewhat active. And if I missed anyone, just point it out.

From here on, and even before, it's just a guessing game. There is of course the a larger chance that we will end up lynching a citizen. I'm sorry for that.

Vote: Gastly

I can be convinced otherwise if I see good reasoning or if I can change the ultimate decision.

Default Double post.

I believe there's less than an hour and a half my mistake, 3 hours, until Day 1 ends.

A tally of the votes so far.

Psyduck: Geodude
    Pikachu: Geodude
    Hypno: Psyduck
    Sandshrew: Psyduck
    Slowpokeeodude
    Meowth: Geodude
    Hypno: Unvote Psyduck, Vote Meowth
    Snorlax: Geodude
    Geodude: Psyduck
    Snorlax: Unvote Geodude
    Hypno: Unvote whoever, Vote Butterfree
    Squirtle: Psyduck
    Kadabra: Bulbasaur
    Vulpix: Ghastly

That puts Geodude at 4 votes, Psyduck at 3, Butterfree at 1, Bulbasaur at 1, and Ghastly at 1. This means I may be changing my vote soon to who I think would be the more likely of the two tied to be mafia, if there's going to be a tiebreaker. We should make a final collective decision quickly.

Kadabra, what is the role of a serial killer? I really wish there were one list assembled that we can look at to strategize from, instead of having all roles and any made up roles be possible.

tl;dr

Yeah, I've only skimmed the thread. In any case, I believe the most suspicious person thus far is Butterfree. They're being very careful, but they're also pointing the finger a lot.

Vote: Butterfree

hmm... I do find Butterfree and psyduck a bit suspicious... geodude too... with the long explanation on why he wouldnt want too...

vote: Geodude

Psyduck

well if there are so many butterfree voters now.. i might as well join them because of my vete .. besides.. i think ive forgiven geodude by now..

Unvote: geodude
    Vote: butterfree
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-11-2008 at 08:31 PM.

Alright before day time is over I need to point that there has been a bit of suspicious activity thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyduck View Post
    Vote: Geodude

Because I haven't seen Geodude around at all.
    I just think the first one to vote is suspicious. IMO that means Psy is a member of the mafia and freaked when he saw no one was pointing fingers at others, and thought he needed to do that to make sure that he isn't the one randomly chosen.

Quote Originally Posted by Meowth View Post
    I'm disappointed at the lack of posts since I've been away.

I honestly think inactivity is a key factor early on. Even if someone is inactive but a townie, they're definitely not helping us, and rather them than someone who is actually going to participate in discussion. As for timezones, well, the thread has been up for ten hours so that shouldn't really matter at this stage.

So, how do you all feel about Psyduck's suggestion of Geodude?
    Quote Originally Posted by Meowth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandshrew View Post
    Well no one is agreeing with me but, I still think Psyduck has pointed too many fingers and all of us voting with him is a mistake!
    The thing about Psyduck is that all his finger-pointing gives us a lot of theories to discuss. Discussion is our main weapon, and I'm entirely happy to allow Psyduck to stick around.

Anyway seeing as how we've got to vote for someone or die, and I'm going to be going now (I don't know if I'm going to be online before the deadline. I hope so, but this is just a precaution) I'm going to vote for Geodude. I've said all along that I intended to vote for somebody inactive, and Geodude fits the bill, and he seems to be the random person we have chosen. Apologies if you're innocent, my rocky friend, but a cat's gotta do what a cat's gotta do.

Vote: Geodude.
    Meowth has supported Psyduck in almost all of his posts. I think he might be part of the mafia as well, trying to support Psyduck's opinion, making it seem the most accurate so the Mafia can control the daytime vote. If that where true we'd be in deep ****.

Psyayay

why does everyone hate me now?

i made one joke about butterfree and suddenly everyone is all over me.. saying i point to many fingers.. while a few min after that you vote for psyduck yourselves.. and my account has been fixed.. besides im the back-up cop.. pretty suckie job seeing as itll take forever for the real cop to die..

and seemingly im jestering.. im the only one who actually posts on this thread more then once a day.. but if your all going to behave like that i dont care

as for geodude

Psyayay.. DUCK!!

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle View Post
    By golly gosh gee, why are you suspecting the Squirtle? Especially when this SQUIRTLE has a monocle? For heaven's sake. And I'm a he.

Anyway, Geodude gives a very valid point on to why we shouldn't vote for him, doesn't he? But why is he so desperate? Quite suspicious. Of course, it could be because everyone's been voting for him due to his inactivity. >_>

Anyway, Psyduck suspected me of being a mafia dude, so I'm going to vote for him.

VOTE: PSYDUCK
    when did i do that?.. cant even remember it.. so it cant be a big suspision

*tail whips Squirtle*

now for a vote.. i suppose since geodude is back i should revote.. he tore me a big one though.. so i dont like him.. so even though he is now busted up from my confusion attack..

VOTE: GEODUDE (just so you know.. i wouldve changed it if you hadnt been such a tail)
    no no the chinese food guy... it would be so much fun .. you get to bring food to one person a night.. and that person cant do anything because he is eating/hurling(depending on the person)..

think of the power

edit: i though bulbasaur and oddish did post in the beginning.. im sure of it.. wonder why they arent now..

edit:edit: also.. maybe something we should consider.. with all the team rocket background as evil and such.. wouldnt you put meowth as a mafia? .. this is not accusation.. just reasoning.. asking what you guys think?

btw who is cop? .. i want to know who has to get lynched for me to get the job

*licks Cubone statue again*
    well if there are so many butterfree voters now.. i might as well join them because of my vete .. besides.. i think ive forgiven geodude by now..

Unvote: geodude
    Vote: butterfree

All of these above posts are very suspicious to me...
    A. As soon as more then 1 finger is pointed his way he's a back up cop? And worse yet... he's asking for the real cop's identity! He's probably just trying to lure him out so the Mafia could kill him in the night round!
    B. Next he says "We shouldn't consider team rocket evil that would make Meowth look like he's in the Mafia!" That would actually support my idea that Meowth and Psyduck are both in the Mafia, and now Psyduck is trying to save Meowth's skin from being suspected.
    C. More finger pointing
    D. Pity. There has been a lot of "Well I only play for fun " or "Why does everyone hate meeeeeeeee?" in his posts. He's trying to make us pity him to get rid of speciousness.
    F. This may be the most suspicious thing so far... Look at the last quote...
    He's hopping against Butterfree because "other people are doing it".
    He's not voting to try and get someone in the mafia...
    He's just trying to vote for anyone but him and Meowth!

You watch guys. I know I'm on to them.... they'll probably kill me during the nightphase to keep me quiet, if I get killed during the night you better give my idea on Meowth x Psyduck being in the Mafia a bit more thought.

Eevee

You've raised some good points here.

I'm also suspicious of those who jumped on the Geodude bandwagon - and those who continue to do so even now. Only got a short while to think this over, so I'll be making my vote soon.
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-24-2008 at 08:35 PM.

way to be a Sherlock Holmes, Sandshrew. You make some really good points.

Psyduck

poof..

actually no.. im not going to change my vote

if i change my vote then i would be the one to get lynched

my vote stays on butterfree

and btw my vete with butterfree and pronouncing back-up cop started from page 1.. be4 you all even first posted.. so read first.. then judge
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-11-2008 at 08:32 PM.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If you're gonna vote, do it now por favor!

Oh yeah, I'm suppose to fall for this?

How do we not know you saying your back up cop has been a ploy to reveal the real copy from the beginning?
    What does changing your vote to Meowth prove? That your nervous? And you think changing your vote to someone no one else has voted against is suppose to prove something?
    And what has butterfree even done? Say "Who did this to Cubone!"? Your just looking for someone to be a distraction!

In fact you changing your vote is even more suspicious! You don't vote because you think you know who is who, your voting to save your own skin!
    Even if you aren't mafia that makes you a bad cause for us townspeople, who are suppose to be willing to take a hit for the good of the town!

EDIT: And now you edit your vote right after I make my post how it is susipicious (you can all see that he had editted by looking at the "time edited thing" he just trying to fool you all. Lynch'm while you still get the chance I say.

All those points could turn out not to mean much once the day's over. Not to mention the night. I'm gonna go with Vulpix and vote for Gastly since I didn't even notice he/she hadn't posted in here yet. Vulpix seems to have his stuff in order. I thought it was just Oddish and Bulbasaur like Psyduck said but he left out Gastly. Also, I'll be gone for the rest of the day time so I need to vote so Miriel doesn't kill me. At least we'll have to something to base something on tomorrow.

Vote: Gastly

Eevee

I'm gonna vote Charmander, 'cause he didn't post much, and then just suddenly jumped on the Geodude bandwagon. This sounds good to me.

Vote: Charmander
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 11-24-2008 at 08:35 PM.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

As the voting stands right now:
    charmander - Geodude
    meowth - Geodude
    snorlax - Geodude
    kadabra - Geodude
    squirtle - Psyduck
    geodude - Psyduck
    pikachu - Psyduck
    sandshrew - Psyduck
    hypno - Psyduck
    psyduck - Butterfree
    oddish - Butterfree
    clefairy - Butterfree
    vulpix - Gastly
    ditto - Gastly
    eevee - Charmander
    slowpoke - no vote
    Diglett - no vote
    bulbasaur - no vote
    togepi - no vote
    butterfree - no vote
    jigglypuff - no vote
    gastly - no vote
    You have an hour left to vote.
    Last edited by Miriel; 12-01-2007 at 06:00 PM.